Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New display wall in (Swiss?) Victorinox Flagship Stores

Syem · 17 · 797

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
on: February 14, 2018, 10:35:10 PM
Just passed by the currently being renovated Geneva flagship store (they're actually making it smaller). They've got a new knives display wall near the entrance which I thought was pretty good looking. They explained to me that it's the new standard (at least in Switzerland) and that they have this in the other 2 big stores in Switzerland.

There are a 18 weighted metal wires under the displays, ready to welcome knives for people to manipulate. Just like cellphones I guess. Anyways I was quite impressed with the overall effect. Its pretty much the first thing you see as you enter the store.

Couple pics and a question ; have you guys seen the same in other flagship stores around the world?

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Re: New display wall in (Swiss?) Victorinox Flagship Stores
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 10:40:41 PM
I live a long from any of the stores, but I like that concept. Thanks for sharing!

ru Offline Nick4

Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 12:31:55 AM
Sir Syem, thank you for sharing!

Just passed by the currently being renovated Geneva flagship store (they're actually making it smaller). They've got a new knives display wall near the entrance which I thought was pretty good looking.
It looks fine!

Also I liked there a new wall made of glass and Victorinox knives, near the stairway leading down into the store (please see the photo attached).

They explained to me that it's the new standard (at least in Switzerland) and that they have this in the other 2 big stores in Switzerland.
Only in two? Probably, in Luzern and Zurich, but not in Brunnen?
(But it's seems me, I have seen the similar "knife display wall" in Brunnen flagship store last year too.)

And there is a similar knive display in Victorinox store in Zurich Airport (shown in the second photo; and this shop is located already after the security check! ;) )

Unfortunately, we have not such type of knife display here in Russia.
geneva_victorinox_store_1.jpg
* geneva_victorinox_store_1.jpg (Filesize: 74 KB)
zurich_airport_victorinox_store_1.jpg
* zurich_airport_victorinox_store_1.jpg (Filesize: 101.73 KB)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:39:34 AM by Nick4 »

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 07:32:51 AM

Sir Syem, thank you for sharing!

It looks fine!

Also I liked there a new wall made of glass and Victorinox knives, near the stairway leading down into the store (please see the photo attached).

Only in two? Probably, in Luzern and Zurich, but not in Brunnen?
(But it's seems me, I have seen the similar "knife display wall" in Brunnen flagship store last year too.)

And there is a similar knive display in Victorinox store in Zurich Airport (shown in the second photo; and this shop is located already after the security check! ;) )

Unfortunately, we have not such type of knife display here in Russia.

The glass wall of Spartans is awesome indeed but it has been there for years...

I think they did say that they had this wall only in Luzern and Zürich. But I guess they might be setting up new ones in the near future and maybe in other countries.

There was already a big display wall in the store but way more simple. Classy yes, but without the background images and the wires for "touchable" items.

Have you got any flagship stores close to you in Russia?

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 07:45:06 AM
Looks good.
Last time I visited a flagship store was almost two years ago (Zürich).
The outlet store here in NL is not nearly as nice.
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

ru Offline Nick4

Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 07:56:02 AM
The glass wall of Spartans is awesome indeed but it has been there for years...
Really? I was there several times, but have seen it only last year. Shame on me to be so unobservant!

Have you got any flagship stores close to you in Russia?
No, we have not any Victorinox flagship store here in Russia at all for now.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 08:00:37 AM
List of the brand stores, outlet stores and flagship stores: https://www.victorinox.com/global/en/Explore/Visit-Us/Victorinox-Stores/cms/our-stores
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 09:02:37 AM
List of the brand stores, outlet stores and flagship stores: https://www.victorinox.com/global/en/Explore/Visit-Us/Victorinox-Stores/cms/our-stores
Thanks for the link!

So there are 4 Flagship stores in the whole world and Luzern isn't one of them. Now I'm wondering if they will put these walls up in all the Brand stores too...
Anyone from London or New York? The flagship stores there should definitely have these then, no?

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 10:29:43 AM
The displays where you can handle the knives.....I'm guessing (hoping) the blades are all dulled  :facepalm:
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 12:42:51 PM

Thanks for sharing the pics! :like: :tu: :tu:
I would like to have one of those walls completely stocked in my apartment.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 01:23:20 PM
The displays where you can handle the knives.....I'm guessing (hoping) the blades are all dulled  :facepalm:

and I wonder how many Tweezers and Toothpicks will have to be replaced in the next years,
I bet more than one visitor will suddenly remember they lost the one in their SAK time ago and they've got a free replacement right there  :ahhh
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 01:35:10 PM

and I wonder how many Tweezers and Toothpicks will have to be replaced in the next years,
I bet more than one visitor will suddenly remember they lost the one in their SAK time ago and they've got a free replacement right there  :ahhh

Good question about the blades!

And I guess they won't put any of the removable parts in there.

I'm wondering how they'll be attaching them... Maybe by the keyring hole?

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 03:26:13 PM
 :think:
Free Scales too!! :whistle:
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

Offline josh83

Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 03:43:40 PM
The Victorinox section at Smoky Mountain Knife Works has been that way for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 06:40:34 PM
The Victorinox section at Smoky Mountain Knife Works has been that way for many years.

With the big knife image in the background, the thematic images here and there and the "free access" knives underneath?

Their usual wall display is a very similar (knives on a wall, encased in glass) but this is a rather more dynamic and colorful version which is way more striking in person than classic wall display.

Offline josh83

Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 09:07:54 PM
I can't recall the background specifically. It has changed a couple of times. The counter under the display looks identical to the one pictured, right down to the same gray carpet material on top. And yes, it had knives held on with retractable cables going through holes in the top that you could inspect. Each knife has its respective model name engraved in white on one side.

EDIT: I was able to find this picture in Google image search. You can see the counter all the way to the right in this photo with the knives setting on it. They have steel aircraft cable going through the keyring that retracts into the table. You can pick them up and look at them as the cable will come out of the table about a foot and a half.  The background is just plain in this photo, but it has changed recently, and they've actually taken most of the knives off of the cables and made them inaccessible in the glass display cases. I'm assuming due to theft, but I don't know for sure. This display has been in place ever since they built the expansion to the current store, which has probably been 15 years.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:22:23 PM by josh83 »

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 09:26:35 PM
I have never been to any knife/tool/victorinox/wenger/diy shop where you could not handle the knives or which had dulled blades, worldwide
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%