Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Dreamception

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Dreamception
on: February 20, 2018, 08:28:54 PM
No, this is not about the Inception movie, this is about having a real dream within a dream  :pok:

Sure, most of us may not ever have experienced it, but I can assure you it can happen; You wake up, but things are not quite they should be.
You try to see what's the time on the alarm clock, but you can't really make out the numbers as they are constantly shifting, you look around
and your bedroom isn't quite the same. After a while you realise, you haven't really woken up, as you are still dreaming.

First time it happened to me, it scared me like hell, I thought I couldn't wake up...

Lately, I've been waiting for it, cause it means I'm lucid dreaming and I'm in control  :D

Ever happened to you guys? Tell us your stories of dreamception!  :cheers:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Re: Dreamception
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 08:30:38 PM
In my case, when I get those dreams, for some reason, I usually get flying dreams, that is I can fly  ::)
"Hoarder of weirdness,

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 08:39:30 PM
I will comment more later but just knowing your in a dream isn’t quite lucid dreaming. I was once into lucid dreamin and used to be able to lucid dream every single night. You need to do your “am I dreaming” checks a few times a day to set yourself up to realize you are actually in a dream when that time comes. There are some good books about lucid dreaming you should read if you are interested.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 09:16:38 PM
that sounds like sleep paralysis, I get it from time to time, your aware of your surroundings but have trouble moving your body, sometimes you get a floating/flying sensation or the feeling their is a presence in your room. It's also sometimes associated with succubus legends or even ufo abductions.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:19:42 PM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 12:02:05 PM
that sounds like sleep paralysis, I get it from time to time, your aware of your surroundings but have trouble moving your body, sometimes you get a floating/flying sensation or the feeling their is a presence in your room. It's also sometimes associated with succubus legends or even ufo abductions.

Yeah, this is different, my flying dreams are actually flying as I please, outside, sometimes in familiar surroundings sometimes unfamiliar or even fantastic surroundings. ;)

But back to the first topic, on one occasion I actually fell asleep in a dream and had a dream within a dream... :ahhh

:D
"Hoarder of weirdness,

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 12:14:55 PM

Yeah, this is different, my flying dreams are actually flying as I please, outside, sometimes in familiar surroundings sometimes unfamiliar or even fantastic surroundings. ;)

But back to the first topic, on one occasion I actually fell asleep in a dream and had a dream within a dream... :ahhh

Sounds complicated and exciting.  :D
How do you know that you are not in a dream now?  :rofl:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 04:42:22 PM

Sounds complicated and exciting.  :D
How do you know that you are not in a dream now?  :rofl:

I suppose I wouldn't, but there are few telltale signs, like generally not being able to read any text as it shifts all the time, same with numbers. Also everything around usually has kinda surreal feel to it;
proportions are off, point of view is not right...

:cheers:
"Hoarder of weirdness,

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 07:02:29 PM
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 08:02:04 PM
"Hoarder of weirdness,

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 11:25:12 PM
sleep paralysis sucks btw, I get it a few times a year, really hard to wake yourself when it happens, you don't have pleasant dream like thoughts as in a regular dream, which is more like watching a whacky movie.  although you are conscious you  can't move your arms and legs and nightmarish thoughts and even malevonent beings seem present until you can force yourself into a complete waking state.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 08:46:59 PM
sleep paralysis sucks btw, I get it a few times a year, really hard to wake yourself when it happens, you don't have pleasant dream like thoughts as in a regular dream, which is more like watching a whacky movie.  although you are conscious you  can't move your arms and legs and nightmarish thoughts and even malevonent beings seem present until you can force yourself into a complete waking state.

I do understand that, however, what I get it's not that, it's different

Yes, it was scary at first, but now it's exciting  8)

I've been getting more of it lately and I really am looking forward to the next time...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:48:10 PM by AlephZero »
"Hoarder of weirdness,

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 07:09:20 AM
I remember doing some lucid dreaming stuff in college, yeah flying around and being aware was awesome.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%