Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Looking for something special

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Looking for something special
on: February 22, 2018, 11:16:45 PM
Hey, my wife wants to get the older kid a little something for graduation/bday with a little meaning, he absolutely loves wolves so she wants to get him a pendant/amulet of some sort that has a wolf, but can have a quote or something engraved on the back. So I was wondering if anyone knows of anything?

I mean, me, I’d rather have like a real wolf tooth or claw with maybe my initials carved in but that’s just me.. but if anyone knows of something about what the wife’s after please let me know.. thanks..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: Looking for something special
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 11:23:43 PM
 How about sponsoring a wolf at the local zoo or something?
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 12:00:29 AM
That would be cool, but she wants him to have something he can wear.
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 03:54:38 PM
That would be cool, but she wants him to have something he can wear.
JR

then hunt the wolf down after the sponsoring session and take the fang, claws and skins... :D
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 03:59:09 PM
How about this LE Classic?
classic-wolf.jpg
* classic-wolf.jpg (Filesize: 146.95 KB)

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 05:08:36 PM
How about this LE Classic?

Who came up with the best idea ever?!

:cheers: :cheers:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 05:15:59 PM
Thats a slick SAK.  Great idea. 

I love the idea of sponsoring a wolf at a local zoo or otherwise.  What a great way to express his love of such a beautiful animal. 

Not sure I like the idea of a tooth or item from an animal.  Seems.........  I don't want to sound judgy so I wont say more. 

He's got tattoos so maybe a tattoo? 
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 05:51:03 PM
If you go with something engravable this might be an interesting idea.  There's an old story about two wolves inside of each person, one that is good and one that is evil.  The wolf that wins is the wolf that you feed.  The whole story can be read here:

https://urbanbalance.com/the-story-of-two-wolves/

If you go with something engravable, I would probably start by telling the boy the story of two wolves, then, when done, give him the item with the words "Which wolf will you feed" engraved on it.  It'll give him something special to have, but also serve as a reminder to try and make as much of each day as he can, which strikes me as a real "parent" sort of thing to do.  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 06:01:54 PM
Maybe something with Twilight or Game of Thrones ?  they both have Wolves in some way
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 06:05:52 PM

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 07:29:51 PM
If you go with something engravable this might be an interesting idea.  There's an old story about two wolves inside of each person, one that is good and one that is evil.  The wolf that wins is the wolf that you feed.  The whole story can be read here:

https://urbanbalance.com/the-story-of-two-wolves/

If you go with something engravable, I would probably start by telling the boy the story of two wolves, then, when done, give him the item with the words "Which wolf will you feed" engraved on it.  It'll give him something special to have, but also serve as a reminder to try and make as much of each day as he can, which strikes me as a real "parent" sort of thing to do.  :D

Def

I like this.  Thanks for the link. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 10:43:06 PM
I kinda came up with an idea last night and the wife liked it, he has a dog tag that we made with him and he wears that everyday, and the wife has one that I also had made when I ordered mine for my medical, but hers is a little diff, hers is black and has a pic laser engraved of the boys from like 14yrs back, then on the backside has a quote engraved, so I said to the Mrs “why not make one of those”? Find a nice wolf pic and come up with your message for the back side? So I think we’ll go with this idea, I myself might still look into getting him an actual wolf tooth, cause that dog tag is pretty much from mom,

Aloha, his first tattoo was a very small anchor in which mom got to match and I got my custom anchor piece, but 20min later he got his custom, a wolf, lol..

Thanks all, if anyone else has any ideas let’s hear them,,
JR

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 10:47:14 PM
A donation to the World Widelife Fund can get you a cool Wolf T-shirt...
https://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/Apparel/Graphic-Tees-Animal-T-Shirts-Mexican-Wolf.aspx

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 11:02:42 PM
I've dabbled in some amateur jewelry making the past few years and have been racking my brain trying to think of an idea or concept that would work for what you need.

Here is an older thread showing some stuff I've made. https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,44670.msg722683.html#msg722683

If you think anything like that is in the right ballpark, or have any ideas, I'd be willing to help make something. Like I said, I'm struggling to think of something wolf themed, though.
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%