Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sharpening Micra scissors?

Offline aikon2014

Sharpening Micra scissors?
on: February 22, 2018, 11:32:21 PM
Anyone tried to sharpen with the DMT credit card sharpeners? I thought that it might fit since they are relatively flat. But I'm not going to pull the trigger and buy them until I know if it will fit enough of the way in to the scissors  :)

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Sharpening Micra scissors?
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 05:00:02 AM
Anyone tried to sharpen with the DMT credit card sharpeners? I thought that it might fit since they are relatively flat. But I'm not going to pull the trigger and buy them until I know if it will fit enough of the way in to the scissors  :)

You can sharpen most anything on the go with them :cheers: I carried all 3 grits for years but I now carry the Buck EdgeTek Pocket Stone dual sided diamond sharpening plate :tu: It is a bit longer than the DMT cards but more narrow and only one card with 2 grits :like:

Offline aikon2014

Re: Sharpening Micra scissors?
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 10:58:43 AM

You can sharpen most anything on the go with them :cheers: I carried all 3 grits for years but I now carry the Buck EdgeTek Pocket Stone dual sided diamond sharpening plate :tu: It is a bit longer than the DMT cards but more narrow and only one card with 2 grits :like:

Do you own both a micra/style cs and a card and can try if they fit more or less all the in to the scissors? Maybe take a pic for me? :)
Thanks!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD