Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hooked

Borg · 14 · 746

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Hooked
on: February 24, 2018, 01:12:07 PM
Rather then spam the first page with badge requests i will put them in this post to keep the place tidy, i hope this is ok  :tu:

This belt tensioner spring needs removed periodically for maintenance, the larger ring on the end is very helpful to pull on to release the spring but it is a bit of a finger nipper at times, i found the perfect tool for doing so is our very own sak hook.. no more nipped fingers  :tu:

Alox: in hindsight i should have just left it at 12 colours but i added a couple of duplicates just for looks, there are 12 colours however, the three reds you see are different shades, i hope this is acceptable, they do look different in normal eyes  :salute:

Not much to say here other than its perhaps a bit useless for intended use as i cant carry it in the car, it is a nice knife however, just cant legally carry it  :facepalm:

I think there is a camo sak in this pic, i hope you can see it  :think:

Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Hooked
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 03:11:24 PM
Funny story--when I bought my Fireman locally, the guy at the knife store tried to talk me into buying a Rescue Tool instead. Fireman--used everything on it, regularly. Rescue Tool, the only things I'd use regularly would be the blade, belt cutter (serrated blade), Phillips, and cap lifter/screwdriver. I would likely never (and hope I'd never have to use) the glass breaker and windshield cutter.   I would have loved for the Fireman to get the belt cutter from the Rescue Tool, instead of the 108mm gutting blade it had for years until it's discontinuation last year.

I do not get UK knife laws. The law they're covered under is a "Crime Reduction Act", but I have heard several instances of people getting jail time over just having a lock blade knife in their car.  Where I live, you're not supposed to carry an automatic knife (except for provisions given for on-duty law enforcement and active duty military personnel), but I know people who do who aren't either. I guess our law enforcement knows they have more important tasks than to hassle people over a pocketknife.  To me, having a knife like the the Rescue Tool in a car for emergencies is "valid reason" enough for it to be OK.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 03:13:02 PM by cody6268 »

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 03:25:51 PM
I found the Fireman´s gutting blade to be an excellent belt cutter.

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 04:50:44 PM
The laws here are not so bad really, i see no reason to have a fixed blade or locker on me when i go shopping or go to the disco anyway, and if i'm a work that's good reason so i'm safe, the rescue tool is one i don't really want to test, is it a good reason to carry it in case something might happen? who knows but regardless its only useful if it is near at hand next to me in the car, not in a pouch in a bag in the boot of my car where its slightly more legal, cars are classed as public spaces so yeah, bit of a grey area but if you are going to and coming from somewhere where it is legal to carry it, i think its ok in a bag in your boot, just useless if you need it quick
I will agree that the Fireman is a better buy though  :tu:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 08:31:16 PM
Awarded.   :tu:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 08:54:43 PM
Lovely pile o' alox!

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 08:59:48 PM
Four badges in a single post!  :cheers:

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 12:06:03 AM
Thanks Thunderpants, i was once sure i would never be struck with Alox pox, it didn't last long.. however i think now i will contain myself to the once a year LE's, i just hope this years isn't a red i already have
Ron i maybe should have waited till i had 5, might have got a badge for it  :D
Thank you for the badges zoidberg, and thanks for your time :salute:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 12:09:36 AM
You're welcome mate.   :cheers:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 12:10:52 AM
Hi Borg well done with your badges :tu: :like:
And love your collection :salute:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 12:27:21 AM
Thanks Wspeed  :salute:
The blue PX you got looks great, be careful with it , Alox pox is highly contagious  :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 12:31:45 AM
Thanks Wspeed  :salute:
The blue PX you got looks great, be careful with it , Alox pox is highly contagious  :tu:
Thanks Borg  :like:
I know I still want a red one  :tu: :rofl:

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 12:39:53 AM
Sounds like you are already infected, too late now  :D  i just focused on Pioneers and deliberately avoided the rest for financial reasons, i would love a big pile of coloured farmers though, but where do you stop? so i'm calling it a day with them as i say..bar the yearly Pioneers and maybe the coffee one :tu:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 12:42:57 AM
Sounds like you are already infected, too late now  :D  i just focused on Pioneers and deliberately avoided the rest for financial reasons, i would love a big pile of coloured farmers though, but where do you stop? so i'm calling it a day with them as i say..bar the yearly Pioneers and maybe the coffee one :tu:
I would like to stay with one but the red is calling my name  :tu: :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69