Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Silly me....

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Silly me....
on: February 20, 2007, 02:43:50 AM
I thought all Squirts were created equal.  I got my second Squirt model today, a P4 and I instantly noticed a couple of differences.  The first one, well, besides the different plier head (duh!) was the lack of tweezers.  As you can see, the P4 (blue one) has a small reamer/awl instead of the removeable tweezers found on the E4 (red one).

The other interesting difference is the simplified phillips driver, similar to the one found on the Micra- basically a hunk of metal that comes more or less to a point, rather than the E4's actual 4 pointed phillips head.

I kind of like the P4, especially since I don't do much electrical work.  I once tried to build a model car with a small motor in it.  The car burst into flames as soon as I installed the AA batteries.  It didn't even wait for me to turn it on.  I took that as an omen to stay far away from electricity!  I think I prefer the phillips on the E4 though, but I think overall I would get more use out of the standard plier head on the P4, plus I rarely use tweezers.  If I need them, I usually also have a SAK, but then that also usually covers the awl as well, so I guess it's redundant either way.

Def
Sq01.JPG
* Sq01.JPG (Filesize: 62.33 KB)
Sq03.JPG
* Sq03.JPG (Filesize: 31.32 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Silly me....
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 02:44:50 AM
I can't wait to add an S4 to my collection!

Def
Sq02.JPG
* Sq02.JPG (Filesize: 50.96 KB)
Sq04.JPG
* Sq04.JPG (Filesize: 37.15 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 03:11:29 AM
Does the bottle opener on the E4 work any better than the atrocity that is the P4 opener?
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 03:14:06 AM
The bottle opener seems to be exactly the same, so I guess it wouldn't be any better or worse.

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 03:18:16 AM
Look at me with egg on my face- they are apparently different too, although I don't know if such a slight difference would make it any easier to open a bottle.  I will have to do some research in that particular direction!

Def
Sq05.JPG
* Sq05.JPG (Filesize: 38.04 KB)

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 03:25:44 AM
Yea, that closer pic makes me think it would be the same even with the slightly diffrent shape.

[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 05:44:21 AM
Regarding the two types of phillips screwdrivers:
At first glance, it seems like the E4 one would be better, but it is limited in which size screws it fits. I played around with both, and actually found the P4 (flat blade type) one more useful. It fits a larger variety of philips screws, especially the smaller sizes.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 02:08:30 AM
After extensive testing I have determined that there appears to be no difference in the bottle opening capacity of either implement.  I would like to mention however how much I love you guyssss.......

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%