Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Multitool Reviews

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Multitool Reviews
on: June 09, 2006, 12:56:04 AM
Don't forget that additional multitool reviews are on the main site at www.multitool.org!
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Re: Multitool Reviews
Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 10:25:11 PM
Can we submit reviews as well for the main part of the site or is that limited to the powers that be?
Yabba dabba doo!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 10:41:29 PM
I was hoping that many of the reviews that are posted here could eventually be copied over to the main site.  It is by no means just for the Admin team to do.  I wish I could afford all the tools on the market, but I just can't, plus I also invite folks to re-review the tools I (or anyone else) have already reviewed since different tools work for different folks.  More opinions are always welcome!  It wouldn't be much of a forum without it!
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 09:09:51 AM
About two months ago I bought the swisstool spirit.  Since then I have had it in my pocket every day.  It has come to be my favorite tool along with my leatherman Charge Ti.  At first I wasn't sure about the combo blade.  For the week I used used the blade as it was. Finding that I needed a plain edge more than a serrated one I took the serrations off.  Something I learned from SOSAKONLINE.Thank You by the way. I use the scissors almost everyday for one reason or another. I find the awl useful also, something my charge is missing. In one night at work I used the scissors to cut the some zip ties. The blade to cut some boxes. I used the awl to start a hole for a screw, the phillips driver to drive the screw, and the metal saw to cut the tip of the screw off which had come throgh the other side of the handle I was fixing.  Now thats the definition of a great multitool. I have had no problems with the swisstool spirit to date.
"

us Offline Fred

Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 11:48:17 AM
Lotsa cool stuff on SOSAKOnline
Yabba dabba doo!

Offline Kapt Kopter

Re: Multitool Reviews/Leatherman Juice Sheath
Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 12:30:19 AM
Def, great reviews on the C2 and S2 Juice models, just wanted to let you know that savvy retailers can and are buying the juice with the sheath included....if you remember the first year none of the jucies had sheaths......but the dealer can buy the Juices with or without the sheaths I am told........The C24,KF4(RETIRED)XE6 and Pro(RETIRED) are just too darn big for pocket carry.

Kap
I

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 01:48:02 AM
Nice to hear that someone pulled their heads out of their hineys down there!  I am not a big fan of pocket carry multitools.  If it don't have a sheath, it don't come with me.
Def

us Offline Fred

Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 07:29:56 PM
I agree for the most part.Tools in your pocket is just awkward, especially at a party
Yabba dabba doo!

Offline Kapt Kopter

Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 08:22:01 PM
Nice to hear that someone pulled their heads out of their hineys down there!  I am not a big fan of pocket carry multitools.  If it don't have a sheath, it don't come with me.
Def
I have to agree with you Def :o, although I have carried my S2 in my pocket and have been known to carry my Charge with the pocket clip,but those are the only two exceptions.
If its a keychain tool it always goes on my keychain never loose in the pocket.....I don't know why because I carry alot of different SAKS and slipjoints in my pocket. ???

Kap
I

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 08:26:50 PM
Well that's part of the problem- you don't want to mar a nice satin or polished finish, or even an enamel or anodized finish by letting a tool get beat around in your pocket with change etc.  SAKs are ok, because that adds character.  Multis only gain character from actual use, not from being carried!
Def

Offline colubrid

Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 06:47:26 AM
"I agree for the most part.Tools in your pocket is just awkward, especially at a party"

LMAO! ;D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD