Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kershaw Link GFN Plain Edge $23 Amazon

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Kershaw Link GFN Plain Edge $23 Amazon
on: February 26, 2018, 11:31:25 PM
I grabbed this a few days ago for $1 more which I thought was a steal until it dropped again! Gotta say its a really impressive knife and possibly the most comfortable Kershaw I have, very sharp and good speed assist, USA made:

https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Stainless-Glass-Filled-Reversible-Pocketclip/dp/B00URWZ8J4/ref=pd_ybh_a_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BDGG1VPV73N49SR4JE1J

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Re: Kershaw Link GFN Plain Edge $23 Amazon
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 02:07:29 AM
Kershaw makes so many nice speed assist folders. That one looks great.  :tu:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 03:43:47 AM
Wow. That is a great price!

I just got a Link yesterday and paid more than that. :ahhh
Though, I wanted and got the stonewash blade. The stonewash Kershaw stuff doesn't seem to rust.

If you ain't got a Kershaw Link, go get the one blackbeard posted from Amazon!
Kershaw makes THE BEST assisted flippers for the money...hands down....and the Link is USA made to boot(icing on the speedsafe cake).
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 04:39:42 AM
Wow. That is a great price!

I just got a Link yesterday and paid more than that. :ahhh
Though, I wanted and got the stonewash blade. The stonewash Kershaw stuff doesn't seem to rust.

If you ain't got a Kershaw Link, go get the one blackbeard posted from Amazon!
Kershaw makes THE BEST assisted flippers for the money...hands down....and the Link is USA made to boot(icing on the speedsafe cake).

The one on that Amazon listing says stonewash.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 05:23:14 AM
Oops.. :facepalm:

Mine is blackwash. So, I meant blackwash. Pic of blackwash blade Link.
20180226_170457-1.jpeg
* 20180226_170457-1.jpeg (Filesize: 152.41 KB)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 06:01:23 AM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 06:56:22 AM

Ah, I see. I've got a couple WalMart Kershaws with that finish. They'd be great knives if the steel held a better edge.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 07:39:34 AM

Ah, I see. I've got a couple WalMart Kershaws with that finish. They'd be great knives if the steel held a better edge.
As far as cheap steel, I would have liked to see better. However, being USA made and competively priced with the Chinese made Cryo, it is good. 420hc is still fine for a cheaper knife though. IMHO

I do need to note that I don't cut cardboard up or make feather sticks with my folding knives, so even cheap steel holds up well for me.

The Link(USA made) at the price beard posted is a great deal all day long..IMHO :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 07:57:13 AM by gerleatherberman »

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 08:33:16 AM

As far as cheap steel, I would have liked to see better. However, being USA made and competively priced with the Chinese made Cryo, it is good. 420hc is still fine for a cheaper knife though. IMHO

I do need to note that I don't cut cardboard up or make feather sticks with my folding knives, so even cheap steel holds up well for me.

The Link(USA made) at the price beard posted is a great deal all day long..IMHO :cheers:

This knife feels great in my hand, remember when you felt your first boob? It's not that good lol, but damn near close  :facepalm:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 02:57:51 PM

This knife feels great in my hand, remember when you felt your first boob? It's not that good lol, but damn near close  :facepalm:

:rofl:
That is a good comparison. The Kershaw boob..err..link is quickly becoming a firm C cup...i mean...favorite flipper.  :facepalm:

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 07:46:19 PM

Oh, I agree. Those WalMart Kershaws I mentioned have one of those cheaper Chinese steels and just don't hold an edge well at all compared to my other, mostly Japanese made Kershaws. Most, if not all of those have AUS8.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 07:57:16 PM by WoodsDuck »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD