Fire merit badge
« on: February 27, 2018, 07:54:52 PM »
Let's give this fire making merit badge thing a shot:
Here's a few photos of the two fire kits I carry when in the woods.
The GAK and early-style RAT fire kit are always in either my pants or jacket pocket whenever I'm out playing in the woods, depending on the season. The fire kit has a homemade striker attached via paracord that was made out of a chopped-down piece of hacksaw, with a rounded groove dremeled (is that a verb?) out.
The Pelican kit gets tossed in whatever pack I'm carrying (usually my GORUCK GR1) and contains some backup kit:
- Vic Farmer
- UCO survival matches
- Bic lighter wrapped in duct tape (bright color because I'll probably drop it)
- Light My Fire firesteel
- Package of Wetfire tinder
- small baggie of dryer lint
- ESEE AH-1 because it fits and why not?
- strip of Aquatabs
- Off! brand mosquito repellent wipe