Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Teeny Sling Bag of POWER

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Teeny Sling Bag of POWER
on: February 27, 2018, 09:56:39 PM
I admit it... I fell for one of those Instagram scams.  You know the ones.... "get free gear, just pay shipping!" 

And then shipping turns out to be $40.   :facepalm:

This particular one wasn't too bad- I purchased 5 or 6 items "free" and the total was $40 or so, although I'm sure I could have gotten the whole load for $15 with free shipping from China had I bought it on eBay or similar, but what the heck.  I paid a bit more for the experience of trying one of these things.  The first item to arrive is what I call the Teeny Sling Bag of POWER.  Why do I call it that?  Simple- because it's a teeny sling bag.

The real brand on it, Mei Jei Luo is almost too big to fit on the bag, and is a lot less fun to say that TEENY BAG OF POWER so I will stick to calling it that instead.

I thought the last cheapo sling bag I bought was teeny- in fact, I likened it to one of those tiny backpacks that girls wore in the 90's.  Well, this one is actually teenier- a little taller, but somewhat thinner than the camo one.

For those keeping track, that camo bag is pretty tiny as well.

At about 13 inches high and seven wide, the Teeny Bag of POWER certainly qualifies as teeny, but I am pretty sure we have covered that already, and so I will move on to other details about it.  Details such as this- the Teeny Bag of POWER has a total of four pockets, two of which are accessible from the outside, one open top pocket that is accessible by releasing the buckle and the main pouch that is accessible by releasing the buckle and undoing the zipper.

The outside-iest pocket is quite small and would not fit even a relatively small smartphone.  You could probably get a Wave or Charge or some other multitool in there, and maybe a bit set, but that is about it.  I didn't get a photo with a tool for size reference as this is my very first forum post ever and I don't know about these kinds of things yet.  Sooner or later I will learn...  :facepalm:

The angled pocket (what I always call a slash pocket) is somewhat bigger- you can see in the photo that it is about 5 inches deep, and suitable only for flat things.  It would probably work fairly well for a passport or something, since the opening is small enough that it's almost impossible for someone to get the item out easily.

Unbuckling the buckle we get into the first sizeable pocket.  As you can see, it will swallow my whole hand and part of my forearm.  It is also mostly useful for just flat items, but you could probably get a small tablet in here- not that you would want to as it is very wide open at the top and I wouldn't trust that anything put in there would stay in there very long.  That kind of makes this pocket for show only- some velcro or something around the rim would have made this pocket quite useful, but when you are selling stuff as cheap as you can, why go to the effort of thinking stuff through?   :facepalm:

Inside the main compartment things start working out a little bit better.  In addition to the main compartment, which seems cavernous (at least in a teeny way) compared to the other compartments, and also includes two smaller pockets front and back for organization which is pretty cool, as you will probably ut just about everything in this one.  But wait, what's that down in the corner?

It looks like a zipper?  Is there some secret internal pocket?  Given how small the bag is, it would have to go to Narnia or I can't imagine any use for a zipper that small in a bag this small.  opening it up we see this:

But what the heck is it?  It kind of looks like the inside of this bit I forgot ( :angel:) to show you on the outside.....

Yes, this is where the POWER part of the name comes from- the Teeny Bag of POWER comes with a USB extension cable so you can plug in a phone, tablet, GoPro or any other USB rechargeable device and recharge it right from the bag. 

Well, actually the power bank in the bag...

Which is not included of course.   :facepalm:

But it does simplify things by giving you a place to easily carry the battery bank, and an easy place to plug in when needed.  To go along with this I have placed an order for a solar charging battery bank, although it's obvious the solar part won't work very well when tucked into the pocket of the main compartment, but hey, cut me some slack here, will you?   :pok:

Getting back to business, the Teeny Bag of POWER isn't ambidextrous and is set up for carry on the right shoulder only, and I find tends to sag a bit, especially as there is no secondary strap to go around the other side of your torso as on other models.  The shoulder strap is lightly padded and it reasonably comfortable, although even if you filled it with depleted uranium I doubt it would weigh much, given the ultra teeny size.  I mean, I have almost had wallets bigger than this thing.   :facepalm:

Did I mention it was small?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Re: Teeny Sling Bag of POWER
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 10:20:16 PM
So... is it a big bag then?  :whistle:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:23:40 PM by Pablo O'Brien »
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 01:25:32 AM
If by "big" you mean remarkably uber miniscule, then yes, it is very big.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 12:03:49 PM
I remember those used to be called "two beer backpacks" over here... :whistle:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 01:54:43 PM
I remember those used to be called "two beer backpacks" over here... :whistle:
So many beers can you fit inside then? :P
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 10:25:32 PM
Probably not more than two.  Maybe two tallboys but that's probably pushing it.

Def

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 05:37:33 AM
Wait, so they include a cord but no power source?  I don't get it.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 10:57:01 PM
Yup. They'd probably have to charge more then a few dollars if they included a power bank.

Luckily a new one showed up the other day...

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 12:42:02 AM
We went for a bit of a hike today and the Teeny Sling Bag of POWER came along.  As you can see, my 1L Nalgene bottle pretty much made sure I couldn't bring anything else along.   :facepalm:

Because there is no shape to the strap and that it was probably never designed for a Nalgene bottle it ended up hanging as low as it could go most of the tie and I had to pull it up somewhat for the picture.

In short I'd say this thing is probably worth the nothing I paid for it, but only just barely. 

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80
Site Currency: USD
88%