Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Slim way to carry LM bits?

se Offline Sjoqvist

Slim way to carry LM bits?
on: January 16, 2018, 08:44:13 AM
Hi! I’m looking for ideas to carry about 14 double sides flat Leatherman bits in a flat, compact and organized manner. The original plastic tab is great, but I wounder if anyone has better ideas for more compact methods that fit a few more bits?

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Re: Slim way to carry LM bits?
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 09:11:28 AM
If you have a Dremel you might be able to whip something up out of Delrin, something similar that would offer much better custom options.

I wouldn't trust Elastic or Magnets IMO.

How about a mini wrench roll?

se Offline Sjoqvist

Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 09:32:49 AM
A wrench roll is a great idea! I’ll have to look into that :tu:

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 09:56:10 AM
Sounds like leather and elastic band sewn together might suit you.

gb Offline BePrepared

Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 10:47:02 PM
I've been thinking about how to add some LM flat bits into a small EDC pouch, and find the original plastic holder is just too thick for my case (with my other EDC gear added).

I was thinking about a flat paracord weave, and sticking the bits into that.  A bit like this  http://www.paracordguild.com/rectangular-rope-mat-tutorial/

If it isn't too thick, I'd get to carry the bits and have some paracord with me too.

I bet someone else has designed a paracord LM bit holder...

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 05:51:13 PM
Something like this, but smaller, with nylon and elastic band.
Like the Thread but lighter and smaller

http://odditymall.com/includes/content/leather-ammo-bandolier-bracelet-is-filled-with-bullets-0.jpg

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 10:35:41 PM
What about a flat wallet with a zipper  :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 12:40:41 AM

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager

se Offline Sjoqvist

Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 10:19:55 PM
Great ideas folks! That Tic Tac kit seems like a great idea. I might even be able to sneak in a small tube of super glue in there. (I’ve always been looking for ideas to carry super glue)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 01:00:15 PM
Great ideas folks! That Tic Tac kit seems like a great idea. I might even be able to sneak in a small tube of super glue in there. (I’ve always been looking for ideas to carry super glue)

I use Tic-Tac boxes to carry and waterproof AAA Batteries for my Lumintop. Perfect size!

also needles, bits and other stuff (usually metallic and pointy or sharp)
The candies I don't like, I give them away   :D
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline MastyrOfPuppitz

Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 05:32:25 PM
I cut down the stock bit holder with a Dremel. I then glued the backs together. My next mod will be to cut the back off one then make a two sided bit holder with only one back.
A day without learning is a day without living.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 07:04:10 PM
I find the bit card to be too large to fit the sheath properly...
It really jams in shut.

us Offline MastyrOfPuppitz

Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 06:08:12 AM
Since I have a Skinth OG (and other mod parts) en route, I decided to do a different mod. Will post picks, after rest of mod pieces arrive...
A day without learning is a day without living.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 12:33:40 AM
Missed this when it first came up.

I've got five bits with room for a sixth packaged for light weight days with my Skeletool in a SD card holder. Sandisk is the card manufacturer in question, but plenty of folks use a similar one- if you get one of the combo packs with an adaptor and a microSD card you can probably get 8-9 in there. You'll need to cut out the molding inside to get them in there, but that takes a short, sharp knife and three minutes. An SD card is about the same legth and about 4.5 times as wide as an SD card, so jewel case for them that is a little oversized and you can can trim, you're set.

They are this style:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Transparent-Standard-SD-SDHC-Memory-Card-Case-Holder-Box-Storage-Plastic-OY/263547547422?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49918%26meid%3D25385e44f9c045fe9ddcfb58051ff459%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D173223578552%26itm%3D263547547422&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Same basic style
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Memory-Protector-Transparent-Plastic-Storage/dp/B01M0I63PD/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_23_lp_t_2/260-1906692-8305345?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GM0MDF85YR08RGYWJBPG

The larger one
https://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Plastic-SanDisk-Kingston-Transcend/dp/B00KWZVX40/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_lp_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4VSYYXP4BRZK4P460AMX

You could also go with a mini Altoids tin- you can get a full set in there with room to spare.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 12:49:51 AM by ironraven »
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 03:07:36 AM
I leave this at home but I have a few extra bits stored in those plastic containers for the single use Krazy Glue packs: http://www.krazyglue.com/product/details/all-purpose-krazy-glue-single-use-tubes#.WrMPlSJlCaM

You could store a tube of Kraft Glue as well, possibly AAA batteries.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 06:16:21 AM
Those SD card cases are a neat idea.  To be honest tho, the LM bit holder is pretty darn nice.  Its flat plus the added advantage of being able to easily find what you are looking for.   You don't have to spill out bits and sort thru them as with some carry options.  My bit holder over time looses some retention so I lightly heat it without bits ( lighter works great ) and compress slot.  I've done this a few times and my bits are as snug as ever. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 06:22:22 AM
I stumbled on this site. I like it as you can incorporate this in your wallet so easy to edc. Though I suppose you may not want to whip out your wallet each and every time.
They have different sizes.

https://www.slimwalletjunkie.com/collections/cavity-card/products/cavity-card-slim

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 02:27:50 PM

You could also go with a mini Altoids tin- you can get a full set in there with room to spare.

Altoid tins, Metal cigarette tins, ring (jewelry) boxes, I am a sucker for mini EDC gear carrying boxes

:D

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%