Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wallet Vic

il Offline israelpiper

Wallet Vic
on: March 04, 2018, 08:21:16 AM
Victorinox MoneyClip in wallet:

This little knife fits into my wallet, and has no more bulk than the 3 or 4 cards I might carry. So it does not bulge out at all. Obviously, an Alox Classic would fit anyone's wallet. Good enough, but, the MoneyClip is just bigger enough to be much more useful for me. I never got it for use as a money clip, though the clip was a primary attraction, with a bigger scissors, blade, and nail file than the Classic.

Why in the wallet? Because most of the time I do not grab my keys when heading out. I wear a thin webbing belt with a pouch for wallet, glasses, and a house key on thin paracord attached to same. Sometimes a light multitool, like the SOG Pocket Power Plier. I have a heavy key ring which often is too heavy for my long walks on the beach in athletics shorts.

I have a few thin SAKs with just a single blade and the combination opener/driver. Almost as good, but no file or scissors. Same is true for some of the nice little, flat Spidercos.   

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Re: Wallet Vic
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 09:31:19 AM
I should definitely try the Moneyclip. I did carry a Bantam in my wallet's coin pocket for a while, but kind of forgot it was there... Some of those smaller spydercos are indeed fantastically light but I like to keep my wallet as slim as humanly possible, not just for comfort but also to avoid damaging credit cards etc.
So far I am happy with an Alox Classic, maglite & key on a keychain in one pocket and wallet in the other - it's taken me years to find the perfect yin-yang balance so I hesitate to mess it up with unnecessary experiments!

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 04:21:53 PM
I have a VIc Money Clip. Odd little knife. The 74mm SAKs are an answer to a question no one asked;  you can go a little smaller (58mm) and get the same tools for half the weight, or you can go bigger (84-91mm) and have more options. 

You could just as easily slip an alox 58mm Classic SD in your wallet.. It would be the same thickness, but smaller,  half the weight, and you get an SD tip and more surface area on the file.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 03:32:56 AM
That's an awesome idea!!
Barry

au Offline Brock O Lee

Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 07:54:18 AM
I used to carry an alox Bantam (only 6mm thick) in the main cash compartment of a Saddleback small bifold.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 12:05:42 PM
when I had a wallet I carried this grey SAK in it in a similar fashion   :salute:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 08:34:11 PM

This little knife fits into my wallet, and has no more bulk than the 3 or 4 cards I might carry.

:like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 03:48:52 AM
A dear SAK enthusiast/ YouTube subscriber sent me an amazing custom wallet that a friend of his made.  It has slots specially bespoke for an alox Bantam and Classic.  This gentleman also sent along the Bantam to go in it!!!  :ahhh   He specifically asked me not to send him any SAKs and says he already has too many knives he's getting rid of... I gotta figure out a way to show my gratitude  :think:

Graham, if you're ever reading this here, let me know and I'll nominate you for the Santa badge!!!  :D  :salute:

Anywho, this wallet is great and if you're looking to go minimal and or avoid a SAK in your front pockets, this is a great way to go
o4.jpg
* o4.jpg (Filesize: 305.73 KB)
o2.jpg
* o2.jpg (Filesize: 220.37 KB)
o3.jpg
* o3.jpg (Filesize: 550.82 KB)
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%