Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show us your folders.

Benner · 2782 · 191109

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Show us your folders.
Reply #2100 on: December 16, 2015, 05:48:42 PM
I wasn't careful, so there was a small amount of bleeding in the shop  :facepalm:

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #2101 on: December 16, 2015, 06:04:38 PM
Papa bear porridge  >:D
(Image removed from quote.)
A little hot like we like it...

Yeah......I like that, maybe too much!  :facepalm:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #2102 on: December 16, 2015, 06:17:44 PM

Don't mean to help you over to the.........Dark Side, but I figure it's as good as they say  >:D

A well-liked a respected local doc got stabbed to about an inch of his life a week ago......for his iphone......while out riding his bicycle.

I'll buy time with pepper spray, but I'm pretty sure the drunk p-o-s that accosted me earlier this week will reconsider when he sees this thing deployed......when he can see again  >:D

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #2103 on: December 16, 2015, 06:30:22 PM

Don't mean to help you over to the.........Dark Side, but I figure it's as good as they say  >:D

A well-liked a respected local doc got stabbed to about an inch of his life a week ago......for his iphone......while out riding his bicycle.

I'll buy time with pepper spray, but I'm pretty sure the drunk p-o-s that accosted me earlier this week will reconsider when he sees this thing deployed......when he can see again  >:D

Think nothing of it. I need a big folder like I need to gain a little weight.  :facepalm:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

• No Life Club
Reply #2104 on: December 17, 2015, 07:44:36 PM
 :rofl:
Cold Steel Voyager Extra Large.

I think they put thumb studs on for legal reasons.....just put a shock cord lanyard on the thing for safety's sake, it only takes a slight flick of the wrist to get the blade out!  :whistle: Pocket clip....history, thumb studs....history.  :cheers:
This fact slightly changes the sheath/deployment idea I had, but KISS is always better  8)

us Offline David

Reply #2105 on: December 18, 2015, 12:47:45 AM

I think they put thumb studs on for legal reasons.....just put a shock cord lanyard on the thing for safety's sake, it only takes a slight flick of the wrist to get the blade out!  :whistle: Pocket clip....history, thumb studs....history.  :cheers:
This fact slightly changes the sheath/deployment idea I had, but KISS is always better  8)

Looks like a real handful.      :)
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #2106 on: December 18, 2015, 03:06:27 AM

Looks like a real handful.      :)

That's what she said.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2107 on: January 26, 2016, 10:18:20 PM
Today

Similar to the Chinese Bucks, but it has liners

Comparison

The buck has a polished lockbar

I suspect SRM makes the Chinese Bucks

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2108 on: January 26, 2016, 10:20:52 PM
Ganzo

Comparison

The quality and finish is very good.
Feels good in the hand

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2109 on: January 26, 2016, 10:31:36 PM
That Ganzo is interesting.... Spydie Blade / Rat one handle with an axis lock .

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2110 on: January 26, 2016, 10:47:16 PM
Why borrow ideas from 1 company, when you can borrow from 3  :rofl:

But, the end result is good looking and works.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2111 on: January 26, 2016, 10:56:01 PM
Why borrow ideas from 1 company, when you can borrow from 3  :rofl:

But, the end result is good looking and works.

Seriously if you are gonna "borrow" why not from all three  :D

Any idea of the steel used? 400 series? CRMOV
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #2112 on: January 27, 2016, 12:58:38 AM
This is a Master Of Defense "MOD".I own several of these NIB and thees are the older models made while Jim Ray was the owner.They were designed by men who were involved in the martial arts and then produced by MOD.
DSCN2003.JPG
* DSCN2003.JPG (Filesize: 175.54 KB)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #2113 on: January 27, 2016, 01:03:35 AM
That Ganzo is interesting.... Spydie Blade / Rat one handle with an axis lock .

Nah the scale shape is PM2 as well. The Rat is different.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2114 on: January 27, 2016, 01:20:13 AM
Looks pretty close to the Rat 1 to me but perhaps they copied the PM2. What came out first the Rat I or the PM2 ?

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #2115 on: January 27, 2016, 03:05:32 AM
Looks pretty close to the Rat 1 to me but perhaps they copied the PM2. What came out first the Rat I or the PM2 ?

Don't know which one came out first.

If you look at the Rat it is much more round on the corners. Especially where the tang is. No finger choil like the PM2. Lanyard hole and sharper edges on the back match the PM2 as well. Same screw placement as the PM2.

I'm not trying to be "that guy", but just things I noticed.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:06:33 AM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Reply #2116 on: January 27, 2016, 05:03:14 AM
A Spyderco PM2 in Axis lock format.   :facepalm:

Could actually be a great knife but I would not touch it out of loyalty

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #2117 on: January 27, 2016, 05:26:49 AM
A Spyderco PM2 in Axis lock format.   :facepalm:

Could actually be a great knife but I would not touch it out of loyalty

Well Spyderco already has a couple of locks almost tte same as the Axis. The Manix 2 BBL and the Sage Bolt Action lock. They could always change up the PM 2 with a different lock.

Just dont see this happening. I prefer the Bolt Action lock but most folks I think are bigger fans of the Compression lock.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2118 on: January 27, 2016, 07:28:52 AM
As with all ganzo knives the steel is supposed to be equivalent to 440C.
Really, I just got it for the colour and the price.
The springs on the lock are beefier than in the SRM 762, which I have been using for several years.

I have been eyeing up a spydeco manix but the total cost to me will be about 10 times as much as the Ganzo and I just will never use anything with such a large blade, as if I need something this big I just carry/use a fixed blade (e.g. Mora).

I have several Ganzo knives (bought years ago) and various other brands (CS, Buck, RR, Vic, Wenger, etc.) with similar size blades and never use them for anything.  The SRM 762 is big enough and light.

I will try and use the new ganzo, so that i can give people some feedback.

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Reply #2119 on: January 27, 2016, 09:46:42 AM
I draw the line at copies; will live with inspired by, tribute to, etc something that matches the outline so closely is wrong in my personal ethics scale. Others don't have to feel the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2120 on: January 27, 2016, 10:18:05 AM
My personal ethics scale, on wrong, has to do with murdering lots of innocent people, so as to take their land or their oil/resources, using them as slaves, forcing nations to accept what the stronger nation wants, instigating wars for personal or national gain, supplying arms to factions and then pretending you do no know how they got there, manipulating world organisations so as to support you by using your power rather than what is right, stealing from nations and bragging about it, coming to different decisions on similar matters, depending on whom you are judging, expecting all nations and people to agree with your point or view and your actions and being shocked when they do not, forcing you to make them agree, turning a blind eye to environmental destruction or claiming that there is one when there isn't, assuming that your nation's law and ethics are universal, world domination and so on....

Others do not have to feel the same  :D :D :D :D

It does look like 3 other knives but it does not claim to be any of them, so as to fool me.

Lets not forget that Buck 110, Schrade LB7, Case xx 00177 coexist, as they are made by major companies of the same country.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2121 on: January 27, 2016, 10:39:00 AM
Cant wait till you get some time with it DKS.  I have an inexpensive chinese knife that has really proven itself. 
Esse Quam Videri

• No Life Club
Reply #2122 on: January 27, 2016, 11:33:50 AM
My personal ethics scale, on wrong, has to do with murdering lots of innocent people, so as to take their land or their oil/resources, using them as slaves, forcing nations to accept what the stronger nation wants, instigating wars for personal or national gain, supplying arms to factions and then pretending you do no know how they got there, manipulating world organisations so as to support you by using your power rather than what is right, stealing from nations and bragging about it, coming to different decisions on similar matters, depending on whom you are judging, expecting all nations and people to agree with your point or view and your actions and being shocked when they do not, forcing you to make them agree, turning a blind eye to environmental destruction or claiming that there is one when there isn't, assuming that your nation's law and ethics are universal, world domination and so on....

Others do not have to feel the same  :D :D :D :D

It does look like 3 other knives but it does not claim to be any of them, so as to fool me.

Lets not forget that Buck 110, Schrade LB7, Case xx 00177 coexist, as they are made by major companies of the same country.

I agree with you, and......

I can afford the Ganzo, I could (most likely) never justify the price of a PM2 after the exchange rate gets done with me.

I do feel it's unfair towards the Spyderco/Benchmade & Co, they make great products and deserve the profits they make, it's not their fault the international playing field is uneven.

In that sense I'm just thankful to have the Ganzos (more Enlan in my case) of this world.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #2123 on: January 27, 2016, 11:59:44 AM

+1 on that.
I abhor Spyderco knock-offs, but this doesn't claim to be a Spyderco... if you know anything about Spyderco you can see quite easily it cannot be confused with a Spyderco.
That said, I'm not a Ganzo fan (do prefer Sanrenmus and Tekut) and I'd buy a real Spydie instead (a Tenacious or a Byrd should cost close to a Ganzo) but it really doesn't bother me one bit.

PS: dks the Buck 110 comparison is uncanny...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #2124 on: January 27, 2016, 01:43:06 PM

PS: dks the Buck 110 comparison is uncanny...

:think: Uncanny as in mystifyingly spot-on? I should think it's a fair comparison :think:
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

• No Life Club
Reply #2125 on: January 27, 2016, 01:52:52 PM
That said, I'm not a Ganzo fan (do prefer Sanrenmus and Tekut) and I'd buy a real Spydie instead (a Tenacious or a Byrd should cost close to a Ganzo) but it really doesn't bother me one bit.

Double the price.......for me at least.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2126 on: January 27, 2016, 02:27:40 PM

Don't know which one came out first.

If you look at the Rat it is much more round on the corners. Especially where the tang is. No finger choil like the PM2. Lanyard hole and sharper edges on the back match the PM2 as well. Same screw placement as the PM2.

I'm not trying to be "that guy", but just things I noticed.

I see it now Capt, definitely closer to the PM2 in shape  :cheers:

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Reply #2127 on: January 27, 2016, 02:49:15 PM
Enlan; great knives taking design queues without blatant imitation.

This is a little bit Manix, a little bit Ritter Grip.

ps, GG, a locol online store is selling RAT 1 & 2 these days,

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #2128 on: January 27, 2016, 11:17:18 PM
Masters of Defense "Trident" designed by Chief Jim Watson,veteran Navy Seal,who had 16 combat decorations,including 4 bronze stars with the Combat V for valor. Most people know him as Dick Marcinko's point man Patches in the Rogue Warrior series. Watson, a Team 2 plank owner, has authored two books on his days as a SEAL, Point Man and Walking Point, both published by William Morrow.When Jim ray wanted a hard-use knife that would meet the needs of these spec op's warriors,Jim Watson was a natural choice. Most of the so called SEAL knives out there today never had the input of a SEAL in their construction and wouldn't hold up if a special forces operator actually had to use one. Jim Watson designed this knife as a user who has actually been there and done it.

Specifications:

HANDLES: Milled, 6061-T6 Aluminum
BLADE: 154cm high carbon stainless steel alloy, 60 Rockwell hardness! Cryogenically hardened for complete molecular conversion and absolute dimensional stability. Ambidextrous milled thumb studs.
HANDLE FINISH: Military Spec Hardcoat, Black Anodized
POCKET/BELT CLIP: Through hardened 301 Stainless steel, matte finish. Point up carrying.
OVERALL LENGTH: 7.8", 4.4" when closed.
BLADE LENGTH: 3.4"
BLADE THICKNESS: 148 thousandths.
LOCKING LINER: 17-4 Stainless steel, 76 thousandths, sustains over 100 lbs of reverse force.
EDGING TREATMENT: Precision hollow ground modified spear point. Thumb ridge on top.
HOLSTER: CorduraTM Nylon, can be worn horizontally or vertically on belt. Velcro � closure.
BLADE FINISH OPTIONS: Matte double bead blast, or new ultra hard Stealth matte black Boron Carbide.
SERRATION: Optional, half-serrated or non-serrated, all finishes.
AUTOMATICS
: Auto-opening version available for military, fire/EMS and law enforcement.
DSCN2001.JPG
* DSCN2001.JPG (Filesize: 186.62 KB)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

• No Life Club
Reply #2129 on: January 28, 2016, 08:15:00 AM
Enlan; great knives taking design queues without blatant imitation.

This is a little bit Manix, a little bit Ritter Grip.

ps, GG, a locol online store is selling RAT 1 & 2 these days,

.....and that one is the best of the lot IMO  8)

I've got a CS Eland and Finn Wolf on order, then that's it for the near future, buying tools from now on

I suspect it would be wise to complete my Tenacious-family from existing stock before the prices go nuts  :facepalm:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%