Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show us your folders.

Benner · 2782 · 188317

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Re: Show us your folders.
Reply #2460 on: January 12, 2017, 03:46:36 PM
Hi Ray

Another mouth-watering selection from your........"accumulation"  :tu:

Looking at your military knives in the other thread I felt a bit sickened by my own collection - might be good knives but I don't use them, and never in a 100 years will they have the historic and/or artistic value of most in your collection.  :salute:

Again many thanks for the kind words Gerhard. I would say that you should be proud of your collection as they are a part of who you are. I have been accumulating knives for over 60 years now so I probably have a bit of a head start on you.When I started my first knife(which I still have)was a hunting knife that I bought (with my grandfather's permission of course)for the sum of 98 cents.I really had no use for a hunting knife but wanted one anyway which is probably why it survived in such great condition.
Later on I got my first automatic knife(they were still legal in the USA at the time)and that started me on those. I didn't need one but I liked them.Then came stag handled knives and then pearls and it just kind of snowballed from there.
Today as I approach my 73rd birthday I have more or less stopped accumulating knives and am having thoughts of dispensing with a lot of them. Money is usually reserved for more important things like eating and keeping a roof over our heads(lol) and I really don't need a roomful of knives. I still enjoy researching them and likely always will. To me a knife doesn't have to be valuable(although if it is all the better)but rather be unique in some respect.I enjoy knives that don't appear to be knives;miniature knives;old knives;etcetera. What I really enjoy is if a knife has a story behind it.I look at a knife that is over a hundred years old and imagine what this knife has experienced and what stories it could relate.
Probably my favorite knife in that respect is a Persian jambiya that was given to me by a good friend(who has since passed)that was found to be over 350 years old! How did that one ever survive and what stories could it tell? The mind boggles at the thought!.
Anyway I am glad you are enjoying the posts my friend.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #2461 on: January 12, 2017, 06:22:26 PM

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2462 on: January 12, 2017, 08:06:27 PM
I always enjoy the pics and the knowledge you have about knives Ray :salute: I have collected knives my whole life as well and I am finding out very much that I like blades with a history over newer ones as well :cheers: :cheers: :like: I still like new ones but those with history have something different about them :dd: :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2464 on: January 12, 2017, 08:07:37 PM

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #2465 on: January 13, 2017, 01:57:10 PM
To me a knife doesn't have to be valuable(although if it is all the better)but rather be unique in some respect.I enjoy knives that don't appear to be knives;miniature knives;old knives;etcetera. What I really enjoy is if a knife has a story behind it.I look at a knife that is over a hundred years old and imagine what this knife has experienced and what stories it could relate.
Probably my favorite knife in that respect is a Persian jambiya that was given to me by a good friend(who has since passed)that was found to be over 350 years old! How did that one ever survive and what stories could it tell? The mind boggles at the thought!.

Hi Ray

I don't mean to be a killjoy moaning about my collection, it's more a case of buyers remorse now that I need the money for tools so I can make more knives.  :rofl:
I have no doubt that my collection with change and grow, but what you mention in the quote is exactly what I appreciate about your collection  :tu:
I've always appreciated antiques of all sorts, I'm an admitted steel snob, but I think your photos have changed what I'll collect in futute  :salute:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2466 on: January 13, 2017, 04:15:44 PM
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #2467 on: January 16, 2017, 05:03:35 AM
Been switching between a few folders lately. Two of which are the Sebenza and Benchmades.

Old pics as I don't have a good camera right now. 

I'm the milk man!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2468 on: January 16, 2017, 05:43:11 AM
Love those Benchmades Capt   :drool: :drool: :drool:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2469 on: January 16, 2017, 06:50:20 AM
Hi Ray

Another mouth-watering selection from your........"accumulation"  :tu:

Looking at your military knives in the other thread I felt a bit sickened by my own collection - might be good knives but I don't use them, and never in a 100 years will they have the historic and/or artistic value of most in your collection.  :salute:

Again many thanks for the kind words Gerhard. I would say that you should be proud of your collection as they are a part of who you are. I have been accumulating knives for over 60 years now so I probably have a bit of a head start on you.When I started my first knife(which I still have)was a hunting knife that I bought (with my grandfather's permission of course)for the sum of 98 cents.I really had no use for a hunting knife but wanted one anyway which is probably why it survived in such great condition.
Later on I got my first automatic knife(they were still legal in the USA at the time)and that started me on those. I didn't need one but I liked them.Then came stag handled knives and then pearls and it just kind of snowballed from there.
Today as I approach my 73rd birthday I have more or less stopped accumulating knives and am having thoughts of dispensing with a lot of them. Money is usually reserved for more important things like eating and keeping a roof over our heads(lol) and I really don't need a roomful of knives. I still enjoy researching them and likely always will. To me a knife doesn't have to be valuable(although if it is all the better)but rather be unique in some respect.I enjoy knives that don't appear to be knives;miniature knives;old knives;etcetera. What I really enjoy is if a knife has a story behind it.I look at a knife that is over a hundred years old and imagine what this knife has experienced and what stories it could relate.

I also feel the same about many things I acquire from the flea market.  I don't however have anything quite as old but its still neat to think about where the item has been and has done. 
Esse Quam Videri

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2470 on: January 16, 2017, 06:26:03 PM

My toys:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2471 on: January 17, 2017, 05:32:03 AM
Some excellent pics peeps :o :dd: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2472 on: January 17, 2017, 05:32:11 AM

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2473 on: January 21, 2017, 08:20:04 PM
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:22:17 PM by Poncho65 »

us Offline leathermon

• Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
Reply #2474 on: February 07, 2017, 07:18:03 AM
It's a lum drum day....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2475 on: February 07, 2017, 03:47:59 PM
My toys:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2476 on: February 07, 2017, 06:51:26 PM
IMG_6772.JPG
* IMG_6772.JPG (Filesize: 250.02 KB)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2477 on: February 08, 2017, 10:49:40 PM
More excellent pics peeps :dd: :like: :like:

Offline RR1551

Reply #2478 on: February 10, 2017, 09:50:06 PM

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #2479 on: February 14, 2017, 03:17:10 PM
Some of my first knives. Kabar and SOG Stingray. The Kabar got a few years of hard use, the SOG had a little blade play when I bought it and remains unused.
DSC04553-kabar-and-stingray.jpg
* DSC04553-kabar-and-stingray.jpg (Filesize: 383.58 KB)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2480 on: February 14, 2017, 04:50:11 PM
My toys:

us Offline Artifakt72

Reply #2481 on: February 18, 2017, 10:01:50 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
USE YOUR TOOLS DON'T BE A TOOL!!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2482 on: February 19, 2017, 12:28:03 PM
some in the bag, some in the pocket!

My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2483 on: March 10, 2017, 08:29:20 PM
Collection update

My toys:

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #2484 on: March 12, 2017, 01:23:13 AM
Nice assemblage Peacent! What is the case made of? If it is a thermoplastic I would keep an eye on it to make sure that it doesn't react unfavorably with some of the knife handles.Thermoplastics when new have a tendency to out-gas;especially in the presence of sunlight and heat and will give off solvents that sometimes are harmful to knife handles and occasionally steel.
I prefer to keep all of my knives in wooden boxes(old machinists' tool boxes mostly)that have cloth liners in the slots and a dessicant bag or two to dispel moisture.
That said here are my three latest acquisitions:
A Buck Whittaker 777T that features a built-in flashlight(that needs batteries which will probably cost more than I paid for the knife).
A Bushmaster 5971S that I bought because I don't have any knives of that particular make.
A Guidesman 23 in 1 multi-tool new in package.I already have one but they seem to be very well made for Pacific Rim knives and the price was right.
Paid $5 each for the three knives.
Guidesman23-in-1Tool-$5.jpg
* Guidesman23-in-1Tool-$5.jpg (Filesize: 51.17 KB)
BuckWhittaker777T-$5. 001.jpg
* BuckWhittaker777T-$5. 001.jpg (Filesize: 38.51 KB)
Bushmaster5971S-$5 001.jpg
* Bushmaster5971S-$5 001.jpg (Filesize: 35.09 KB)

us Offline Artifakt72

Reply #2485 on: March 12, 2017, 05:26:48 AM

us Offline leathermon

• Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
Reply #2486 on: March 12, 2017, 06:00:15 AM
Nice assemblage Peacent! What is the case made of? If it is a thermoplastic I would keep an eye on it to make sure that it doesn't react unfavorably with some of the knife handles.Thermoplastics when new have a tendency to out-gas;especially in the presence of sunlight and heat and will give off solvents that sometimes are harmful to knife handles and occasionally steel.
I prefer to keep all of my knives in wooden boxes(old machinists' tool boxes mostly)that have cloth liners in the slots and a dessicant bag or two to dispel moisture.
That said here are my three latest acquisitions:
A Buck Whittaker 777T that features a built-in flashlight(that needs batteries which will probably cost more than I paid for the knife).
A Bushmaster 5971S that I bought because I don't have any knives of that particular make.
A Guidesman 23 in 1 multi-tool new in package.I already have one but they seem to be very well made for Pacific Rim knives and the price was right.
Paid $5 each for the three knives.
What kind of batteries does it take,  I just replaced mine on a smaller version and bought a large pack,  if there the same I will send you a set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #2487 on: March 15, 2017, 05:13:18 PM
My folders: a few ZTs, benchmades, some spydies, ganzos, a buck, a crkt and an Ontario Rat knife.

us Offline Artifakt72

Reply #2488 on: March 16, 2017, 11:15:08 PM

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2489 on: March 17, 2017, 03:24:08 PM

My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%