Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vic Manager/Midnite Manager Questions

Smudge · 23 · 3469

Offline Smudge

Vic Manager/Midnite Manager Questions
on: April 04, 2018, 01:34:45 PM
Hello,

Interested in a Manager or perhaps a Midnite Manager.  Two questions:

1.  Is the Midnite Manager thicker than the Manager?  If so, is it noticeably thicker?

2.  Searching for a black ink replacement for the pen, and I cannot find anything.  Anyone know where to get a black refill? 

THANKS!!!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Vic Manager/Midnite Manager Questions
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 02:12:28 PM
Good choice!

:tu: :tu:

Yup, the Midnight has a led light instead of the tweezers/toothpick (they're interchangeable) of the "regular" Manager. Not much thicker. Still, the light is not great, just a backup for a "real" flashlight. I have one as EDC and don't get to use the light veri often (less than the pen).

Never heard of black ink Victorinox cartridges, don't know if you can get any...

:think: :think:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 04:23:14 PM
Pretty sure all the Vic 58mm lights switched to much brighter white lights a few years ago

Just guessing I would say the light scale is about 1-2mm rhicker than the regular scale - I could measure it if you insist!!

Offline Smudge

Vic Manager/Midnite Manager Questions?
Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 10:14:25 PM
Hello,

I’m thinking about getting a Manager. I have 2 questions. Is the Midnite Manager any thicker than the regular Manager?  Is there any way to get a black pen replacement?  I prefer black over blue.

Thank you!

us Offline TennTexan

• Carpe omnia cultris
Re: Vic Manager/Midnite Manager Questions?
Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 10:18:23 PM
Hello,

I’m thinking about getting a Manager. I have 2 questions. Is the Midnite Manager any thicker than the regular Manager?  Is there any way to get a black pen replacement?  I prefer black over blue.

Thank you!
The LED light in the scale makes the Midnite Manager thicker than the regular Manager.  As for the ink color, I've never seen a black ink Victorinox pen.

FWIW I stopped carrying my Midnite Manager and now carry an Alox Minichamp, which is noticeably thinner yet has more tools.  The battery on the Midnite Manager did not last very long at all, and I have a feeling that the button was getting pressed in my pocket throughout the day.  I went to use it one night and the battery was dead.  I haven't bothered to order a replacement.
(\(\                                                                                ⁁ -----,__
( -.-)  o˫▄▄═ ‑‑‑-----------------------------------     _____⁁[_____}═══════
0(")(")    /|\                                                       /_____________\
"""""""""""""""""""I                                                ',(o)(o)(o)(o)(o),'

Offline Smudge

Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 10:59:41 PM
Hello,

Thank you!
The LED light in the scale makes the Midnite Manager thicker than the regular Manager.  As for the ink color, I've never seen a black ink Victorinox pen.

FWIW I stopped carrying my Midnite Manager and now carry an Alox Minichamp, which is noticeably thinner yet has more tools.  The battery on the Midnite Manager did not last very long at all, and I have a feeling that the button was getting pressed in my pocket throughout the day.  I went to use it one night and the battery was dead.  I haven't bothered to order a replacement.

Thanks......so the Midnite Manager is thicker than an Alox Minichamp?

us Offline TennTexan

• Carpe omnia cultris
Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 11:26:04 PM
Thanks......so the Midnite Manager is thicker than an Alox Minichamp?
Yes, the MM is thicker.  I will try to remember to take a picture of the two together when I get home tonight, but my recollection is that the Alox Minichamp is about the same thickness as the Midnite Manager less the LED light scale.

Alox Minichamp is astonishingly thin for as many tools as it packs.
(\(\                                                                                ⁁ -----,__
0(")(")    /|\                                                       /_____________\
"""""""""""""""""""I                                                ',(o)(o)(o)(o)(o),'

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 11:36:33 PM
I had a Midnight Manager and didn't like it at all. Admittedly it was an older one with an absurdly weak LED, and I may have warmed to it more if the light had been stronger... but more than that I didn't like proportions of the thing. The Alox minichamp is far slicker looking and you never have to worry about the scales falling off from abuse. The worse thing that can happen is the alox loses its sheen.
If you can get an alox minichamp, preferably a colourful one, you certainly won't regret it.
(I bought a blue one from this place - https://www.schweizermesser-shop.de/b-ware-victorinox-minichamp-alox-blau-se - and it's been on my keychain ever since.)

us Offline TennTexan

• Carpe omnia cultris
Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 11:52:32 PM
I had a Midnight Manager and didn't like it at all. Admittedly it was an older one with an absurdly weak LED, and I may have warmed to it more if the light had been stronger... but more than that I didn't like proportions of the thing. The Alox minichamp is far slicker looking and you never have to worry about the scales falling off from abuse. The worse thing that can happen is the alox loses its sheen.
If you can get an alox minichamp, preferably a colourful one, you certainly won't regret it.
(I bought a blue one from this place - https://www.schweizermesser-shop.de/b-ware-victorinox-minichamp-alox-blau-se - and it's been on my keychain ever since.)
+1

scotland Offline Dunkeld

Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 12:56:34 AM
I have a more recent Midnite Manager and the light is pretty good, I use it all the time.

I use the pen for emergencies but have never needed to replace it.

Thickness is not an issue for me, I carry it in my coin pocket and don't notice it at all.

Never leave home without it.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 03:13:57 AM
Merged both Topics...

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 12:48:46 PM
+1

+2!
lights are better being lights alone

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 01:00:25 PM
+1

+2!
lights are better being lights alone

(Image removed from quote.)
Heh heh... I don’t think that you’re going to fit that in the scales of any SAK.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 01:06:25 PM
Hello,

Thank you!

Remember to remove the used battery. It may leak and ruin the scale.

:pok: :pok:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 01:11:16 PM
From Vic website:

Midnight Manager
Item number   0.6366
Height   14 mm
Length   58 mm
Weight   31 g

Manager
Item number   0.6365
Height   12 mm
Length   58 mm
Weight   31 g

I was right !!!     :angel:

MiniC
tem number   0.6381.26
Height   10 mm
Length   58 mm
Weight   40 g

Somebody should be putting this sort of info in the Wiki!!
[EDIT] Later - Oh I just did  :)   :tu:

How come the Managers are the same weight - Must be a mistake!!

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 01:28:08 PM by Huntsman »

us Offline TennTexan

• Carpe omnia cultris
Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 03:21:40 PM
Here’s a pic of my Midnite Manager and Alox Minichamp.

us Offline FolderBeholder

Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 03:29:28 PM

That's a good photo candidate for my side-by-side thread!  Would you please post the photo in the link below?  I'd sure appreciate it!  :like:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,71217.0.html
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 04:31:09 PM

That's a good photo candidate for my side-by-side thread!  Would you please post the photo in the link below?  I'd sure appreciate it!  :like:

I don't think it's a good idea...

:think: :think:

minion sak.jpg
* minion sak.jpg (Filesize: 157.87 KB)

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 04:41:48 PM
Will try to take a pic of the rambler, manager and midnite manager later for comparison...

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 06:49:31 PM
Yep, I want to get a newer Midnite Manager, they are a little on the clunky side but it would be worth it for a decent lite.

I like to avoid a heavy key chain, a signature Rally would be a cool one to have.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 06:53:23 PM by El Corkscrew »
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline TennTexan

• Carpe omnia cultris
Reply #20 on: April 05, 2018, 10:07:02 PM

Done!

us Offline FolderBeholder

Reply #21 on: April 06, 2018, 12:12:57 AM

Done!
Thank you.  :tu:  :cheers:
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #22 on: April 06, 2018, 05:52:34 AM
As promised... :cheers:

(L-R): Custom Ti Rambler, Rambler, Manager and Midnite Manager

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00