Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Merrell what do you have to say about this brand!?

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Merrell what do you have to say about this brand!?
on: March 05, 2018, 02:38:27 PM
Open a couple of Merrell and they are not cheap, but I thither quality is kind of disappointing! What is you feedback about this!?
A picture for sample, do you see the crack!?

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A3010 através do Tapatalk

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Re: Merrell what do you have to say about this brand!?
Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 04:47:11 PM
My husband often walks about 2-5 miles a day and has determined that he gets about 500 to 750 miles out of a pair of Merrells. Consistently. He's had about 5 pair now.

I got a pair almost 2 years ago, and they are going strong.

A friend of mine wears Merrell, and hikes with some frequency. I've heard no problems.

So...  :think:

I think you managed to just get unlucky.

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 06:36:00 PM
I had a pair of merrells that I would hike, disc golf and mountain bike with heavily. They lasted unbelievably fanstic. I was blown away. That was my experience. I give Merrill  :tu: :tu:
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

hr Offline styx

Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 07:10:52 PM
see if they have some sort of a warranty. while it isn't comforting at least you might get another pair or a refund if this is within the warranty parameters
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 07:15:07 PM
My mom uses different pairs of Merrel shoes for all sorts of activities and swears by them.

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 07:24:45 PM
I used to wear Merrill Sprint Blasts for work. They never lasted that long, but were super-comfy when broken-in. I will say however, that the soles were absolute garbage when wet - zero grip... it was almost like they were designed to be slippy!

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 11:01:03 PM
I wear Merrill every day and have for probably 10 years or more.
I wear Moab's EDC
I got Insulated Moab's last year and love them and
The Jungle Moc pretty much defined this category of shoe overall when released.

They have been great for me and I endorse them highly!

Your pic provides no context at all though and I can not tell if yours are new or used,worn or broken in or anything from the pic?
I wasn't even sure we were talking about shoes when I first saw the pic this morning?

So have you tried taking them back to the store you purchased from?

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 12:47:50 AM
Not exactly sure what the picture is showing? 

I also wear Merrills but mine are exclusively for hiking.  They are so far the best shoes I've had for hiking.  Comfortable and support is right on.
Esse Quam Videri

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 02:35:58 AM
I'll snap a better picture tomorrow, bit the shinny black rubber our plastic is starting to crack, and today the sole star to open, it was my most expensive Merrell and the worst, I use them at work, they are so comfortable, but I wasn't expecting this! They have like almost a year, I was really hoping this will last forever....but my intercept those one are little cheap, but that's a very well made shoe!
The chameleon, I search and I heard a lot of people complain about this, and even a video with a guy, with 3 pairs, all have the same issue!
The crack on the plastic really remembers me the vintage g-shock watches that the resin due to wear and years starts to crumble... could this be the same material...! I'm very disappointed, and I really like the  brand...

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 03:04:25 PM
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 04:36:36 PM
I'll snap a better picture tomorrow, bit the shinny black rubber our plastic is starting to crack, and today the sole star to open, it was my most expensive Merrell and the worst, I use them at work, they are so comfortable, but I wasn't expecting this! They have like almost a year, I was really hoping this will last forever....but my intercept those one are little cheap, but that's a very well made shoe!
The chameleon, I search and I heard a lot of people complain about this, and even a video with a guy, with 3 pairs, all have the same issue!
The crack on the plastic really remembers me the vintage g-shock watches that the resin due to wear and years starts to crumble... could this be the same material...! I'm very disappointed, and I really like the  brand...

That sucks! I have a friend that uses almost only Merrel and she loves them. She's a PE theacher and really wears them out. She never had a problem with them.

On a related note, I bought a pair of Magnum boots a few years ago. Only used them in town, at work. They began to get unglued in front and the leather on the metatarsal guard, between laces and toe (see pic) opened up a hole, just after a couple of years. I only used them with bad weather, not in summer.

I think we both got some smurfy second choice pairs...
 :facepalm:

Here's the model. I'll try to get some pics of mine.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 04:37:48 PM by pfrsantos »

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 04:38:49 PM
On a lighter note, you're about to get a palindrome! Don't fail to post it in the 1111 thread.

:pok: :pok:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 05:12:54 PM
I've worn out several pairs of Merrell light hiking boots (actually the low ones with vibram soles).  The uppers do start to crack but only after I've worn the soles down to basically flat.  That takes a couple of years of constant use for me.  Certainly can't complain about them from my point of view.

John.

za Offline Jors

• Johan Crous
Reply #13 on: June 24, 2018, 09:34:43 AM
I guess due to the limitations in my legs, I found that shoes lasts longer than 3 - 6 months. It even includes high profile brands.

The i bought two pair of Merrell shoes for edc at work, on the recommendation of the salesman at Cape Union Mart. He promised a 12 months guarantee.

I bought it reluctantly because it was a bit expensive. After three years and three months, they are still going stong.
Regards
Johan

LEATHERMAN: Charge TTi; Super Tool 300; Surge; Pulse; Squirt P4; Micra; MUT STD; Bit Adapter; Universal Bit Adapter; Bit Extender; Leatherman Bit Kit; SOG: Powerlock (S60); Pocket PowerPlier (S44-N); Paratool (S31-N); CrossCut (CC51-CP); Rebar.
Lightsaver LS805 Commando; LED P7 & P5 (EDC); Maratac AAA (EDC Backup); Maglite Solitaire LED.
Cold Steel Lawman; Cudeman 8" & 10" Bowie. 4 Joseph Rogers, 4 Opinel; Buck 110 & 112 & 503.
www.johancrous.co.za

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: June 24, 2018, 09:57:47 AM
 :like:  Great news Jors. 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20