Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Recommendations.. Lost a Watch Pin

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Recommendations.. Lost a Watch Pin
on: March 13, 2018, 02:34:08 AM
I lost one of the watch pins on my Casio F-91w today. I don't have pins that match the remaining one and it might be a little tricky to find a replacement. Is there any easy way to find out what size replacement I would need? Or is it a case where just to cut bait and move on to another watch?: :whistle:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Casio-F94-Digital-Watch-F94WA-9D-30M-Water-resistant-F91-Read-description/282291106519?epid=568891796&hash=item41b9dc72d7:g:Ul8AAOSwYIxX9nUC
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Re: Recommendations.. Lost a Watch Pin
Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 03:55:01 AM
Well there are two possible answers

1. you have the older version which has stainless push though pins, you can't buy those any more, so you'll have to make one.

2. you have the later version which is an 18mm spring bar, you'll just have to find some that will fit (so many different variations).
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Re: Recommendations.. Lost a Watch Pin
Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 12:28:36 PM
I lost one of the watch pins on my Casio F-91w today. I don't have pins that match the remaining one and it might be a little tricky to find a replacement. Is there any easy way to find out what size replacement I would need? Or is it a case where just to cut bait and move on to another watch?: :whistle:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Ca...dc72d7:g:Ul8AAOSwYIxX9nUC

A month late, but nevertheless for future reference . . .
Take it to a watchmaker, a real one in a real B&M jewelry store that does watch repair and jewelry fabrication in house, not battery and strap changes. They have buckets of various pins and springbars with which to repair watches and other jewelry. That said, unless there's strong sentimental value to your F-91w, you can buy a brand new one for $9.95 USD from Long Island Watch which rivals the cost of having a jeweler replace the pin (or springbar).
https://www.longislandwatch.com/Casio_F_91W_1_digital_watch_p/f-91w-1.htm
 At some point, watches like this one that are still readily available at that price are not "economically repairable".

John

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD