Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Delemont Collection Ranger Grip 74

il Offline israelpiper

Delemont Collection Ranger Grip 74
on: March 16, 2018, 12:09:21 PM
Vic Delemont Collection Ranger Grip 74

My ultimate judgement is that this is an engineering overkill on account of the pliers. It has been laughed at a few times, since a sturdy pliers can be bought at the hardware store for much less. But, I do find myself using it for rope work. The knife is great, and the flathead driver on the opener recesses and locks under pressure, and the stout handle adds to the effort. Even the awl benefits from the big, heavy grip on the knife one has.

Overall, I like it, but I don't. The version with a saw would have been more to my liking. Always wanted a Boatsman--not that I honestly need one. 

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Re: Delemont Collection Ranger Grip 74
Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 12:25:14 PM
Yeah, I've always been unsure about this design. I've never even seen one of these in person but it seems to be a strange way of adding pliers to your kit. I'd rather have a Rangergrip with a terrific saw in a thinner package, with, dare I say it, a Leatherman Juice for pliers, scissors and phillips screwdrivers. Or indeed a Swisstool Spirit, though even that lightweight beauty seems heavy next to the LM Juice.
(Or, as you suggest, a real pair of pliers that cost $5 and probably work much better!)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%