Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Let me borrow your US address

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Let me borrow your US address
on: March 19, 2018, 01:44:27 PM
Hey there!

I wanted to buy the Red Cross Charge from the Leatherman US but they would not send it to a forwarder address due to warranty. JustinCase (great man!) offered to help but I ran into some hiccups on the order as I put in my forwarder number on my second attempt, they tried calling and cancelled the order soon after as they could not confirm in the shipping.

I have a US address. I just need your help to receive the item and ship it to my forwarder. I will reimburse you on any cost incurred of course. Prefers to have a state that does not impose sales tax as I am cheap...   :whistle:

Thank you so much in advance!

Sam.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: Let me borrow your US address
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 03:18:52 PM
I'll help you out,  Sam.
Just PM me the details on exactly what you need done and we'll go from there.  :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 03:33:16 PM
I'll help you out,  Sam.
Just PM me the details on exactly what you need done and we'll go from there.  :cheers:

Thank you!! Will send a pm shortly!  :D

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 04:12:30 PM
PM answered!
You're welcome. :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 05:49:18 PM

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 02:56:10 PM
And here I thought Sam was planning to move in with someone!  :-)

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 03:47:49 PM
 :rofl:
Just helping the man get a Red Cross LM Charge. :tu:

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 09:34:04 PM
That's what you think....  :pok:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 10:38:04 PM

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 05:52:56 AM
I'm not sure whether to  :facepalm:  or to  :rofl: (maybe both ?  )

Seriously, good to see MTo members helping out  :salute:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 06:49:20 AM
 :cheers:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 12:56:50 PM
all's end that ends well   :tu: :like:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 04:34:59 AM
It's really difficult and expensive to collect MT here. There almost no interest for it.. I am a rare breed.

Big thanks to Gerleatherberman again.

And no, I am not planning to move in..  yet..  :whistle:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 06:37:30 AM
Hey Sam,
Please let me know the estimated delivery date. I live in a great neighborhood,  but I still like to be home to receive it or have someone to be home to get it.  :tu:

If someone shows up looking for a place to stay, the garden shed is available. :rofl:

Indeed, a lot of us U.S based members take for granted that the big MT brands are much easier to get our hands on than many other Countries. :cheers:

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 06:50:43 AM
Hey Sam,
Please let me know the estimated delivery date. I live in a great neighborhood,  but I still like to be home to receive it or have someone to be home to get it.  :tu:

If someone shows up looking for a place to stay, the garden shed is available. :rofl:

Indeed, a lot of us U.S based members take for granted that the big MT brands are much easier to get our hands on than many other Countries. :cheers:

I wish I could but from the latest update from their website, it's not shipped..  ??? There doesn't seems to be any issue with the order but its just not moving forward..

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 07:14:38 AM
Hey Sam,

I wish I could but from the latest update from their website, it's not shipped..  ??? There doesn't seems to be any issue with the order but its just not moving forward..
They don't ship on weekends and I have seen them take days to process the orders.  :-\
My Juice XE6 didn't ship for six business days. Then they use the slowest shipping ever (ups 5 day ground). :ahhh

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 07:34:54 AM
Hey Sam,

They don't ship on weekends and I have seen them take days to process the orders.  :-\
My Juice XE6 didn't ship for six business days. Then they use the slowest shipping ever (ups 5 day ground). :ahhh

Hmm... I ordered on the 19th... Guess I have to wait and see... Dropped them an email also...

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 01:20:35 PM
For mine, they shipped the next day after I ordered, but it took the whole week to get here with UPS ground. That was from Oregon to Pennsylvania. Chance is, your package should show up today or tomorrow.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 02:09:37 PM
For mine, they shipped the next day after I ordered, but it took the whole week to get here with UPS ground. That was from Oregon to Pennsylvania. Chance is, your package should show up today or tomorrow.

But I didn't get any notification... The status is also marked as "not shipped" on their website....

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 02:36:10 PM
Have they replied to your email yet?

I am hoping they get it shipped out today!

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 02:49:31 PM
Have they replied to your email yet?

I am hoping they get it shipped out today!

Nope... I sent them an email on 21st to inform them that the transaction was not found in their website. No replies from them.. The next day, I notice the details are up but "not shipped". This morning, I drop them an email again so far nothing guess due to the time difference. So I am still waiting for something to happen.. If this time round it's still not getting through, I think I might be giving up... But, fingers crossed!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: March 26, 2018, 02:55:59 PM
Yeah. It's not even 6am in Oregon as I type this.

I am wondering if they shipped yours out in the same box with my stuff I ordered. The stuff I ordered should arrive today, so we'll see.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: March 27, 2018, 02:13:25 PM
Well.. I think I am quite disappointed that I am not getting my LM. I know the order was cancelled because the funds were return to my card today.  What annoys me is, I asked them twice and so far there's no replies from them why it was cancelled.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #23 on: March 27, 2018, 02:21:17 PM
Well that sounds very vexing.  :(
Especially the part where they don't reply.  :facepalm:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: March 27, 2018, 02:37:25 PM
Not sure what’s the arrangement but would it be easier to PayPal a US MTO member the funds and they purchase it, receive it, then ship it to you?

Sorry, I’ve been lurking on all the Red Charge threads hoping someone can do a hard use review. I received mine but it went straight to our earthquake kit to replace an OG Supertool. So no plans to to edc.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: March 27, 2018, 02:53:39 PM
Well that sounds very vexing.  :(
Especially the part where they don't reply.  :facepalm:

In my many past experiences, they were rather helpful and prompt to reply. Not sure what happened this time. This was my 3rd order attempt. The first 2 was pretty much the same. They cancelled due to other reasons but both times, without any notification until I write in to ask. I am really starting to rethink if I should really get this.. Furthermore, I had just used that returned funds on a full tank of petrol...  :cry:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: March 27, 2018, 03:29:57 PM
That is crazy they cancelled w/o a reason and didn't bother to call me or email you!
I got mine in the mail yesterday and it was perfect. Leatherman must have your name on a blacklist or something, Sam. Can't think of any other reason they would have cancelled.
When you're ready, you can send me the funds and I'll order it for you and send it to you. Just let me know. I'm glad to help.

OldBoy,
Just search Charge AL testing. The redcross MT is just a Charge AL with red smooth scales. :tu:

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: March 27, 2018, 05:41:38 PM
That is crazy they cancelled w/o a reason and didn't bother to call me or email you!
I got mine in the mail yesterday and it was perfect. Leatherman must have your name on a blacklist or something, Sam. Can't think of any other reason they would have cancelled.
When you're ready, you can send me the funds and I'll order it for you and send it to you. Just let me know. I'm glad to help.

OldBoy,
Just search Charge AL testing. The redcross MT is just a Charge AL with red smooth scales. :tu:

Thanks man. I did read up on it and will probably tempt me to buy a Ti version Dang it. But I was hoping I could actually see how easily the paint can be scratched, headlamp brightness, etc.

I suppose I can just do it myself, I’m a bit lazy as I would need to unpack the entire earthquake kit just to get it. 😀

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #28 on: March 27, 2018, 05:59:12 PM
You're welcome, OldBoy!

Get the Ti... :pok:..it is worth it for looks alone. :)

I would bet the RedCross paint scratches easily, but if you're going to use it, it's gonna get scratched anyway. :ahhh
The headlamp is very bright and works well. It has bright, low, and flash settings. The focusing mechanism is nice from a broad beam to focused beam. The light is white and not a harsh purple like cheaper headlamps. The battery compartment is gasketed for use in rain. Very nice!

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: March 28, 2018, 12:19:16 AM
Good to know!!! Thanks. I didn’t even realize you can focus the light. I feel a bit better about the purchase.
Don’t tease me with the Ti!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD