Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Opinions needed on finding a Swisschamp XL

us Offline FolderBeholder

• Absolutely No Life Club
Opinions needed on finding a Swisschamp XL
on: March 23, 2018, 04:33:50 PM
I'm interested in reading your opinions on finding an XL for sale (preferably in original box).
I'd just like to collect it and not use it.

Have any of you noticed the going rate for these, a price range?
Just curious and hoping to land one some day.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 12:09:19 AM by Kevin Davey »
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Re: Opinions needed on finding an XL
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 08:36:43 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really sure what XL you're talking about ...  :think:.

Are you talking about a Swisschamp XL or a Workchamp XL ?  Or maybe something else ?

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 08:37:54 PM
I had the same question.....which XL?

Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 09:58:05 PM
I apologize, I am referring to the SwissChamp XL.
I will try to change the title of the thread if it is not too late.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 10:00:37 PM
As a regular user, you can not edit titles yourself...

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 10:15:52 PM
Pretty certain a member here from NZ had a swisschamp XL for sale some time back, whether it was ever sold I couldn't say. I was often tempted to buy but then fell out with victorinox altogether and haven't bought a Vic since.
On a side note, the Workchamp XL is a BEAST of a tool, everytime I handle mine it puts a huge grin on my face  :D
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 12:05:46 AM
Pretty certain a member here from NZ had a swisschamp XL for sale some time back, whether it was ever sold I couldn't say. I was often tempted to buy but then fell out with victorinox altogether and haven't bought a Vic since.
On a side note, the Workchamp XL is a BEAST of a tool, everytime I handle mine it puts a huge grin on my face  :D

Okay, now you're just showing off ...  ::)

;)

england Offline Kev D

Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 12:09:50 AM

Title edited for you  :tu:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 12:15:59 AM
About the Swisschamp XL, well, I can't help you find one, but what I can do is ease the pain a bit by posting some pics of mine ...  :angel:

Me and my family were on vacation in Switzerland back in 2015, we were in a newspaper store when my wife pointed out the old looking Victorinox box behind the counter, yep, my wife found a brand new, mint in box, Swisschamp XL.  And it only cost 99 Swiss Francs (which was about 97 Euro).

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Re: Opinions needed on finding a Swisschamp XL
Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 12:19:17 AM
More pics ...

Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 12:23:17 AM

Title edited for you  :tu:

Thank you!  :cheers:

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 12:37:47 AM

Okay, now you're just showing off ...  ::)

;)

If only huh  :D
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

Offline MiniChamp

Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 01:31:11 AM
Apparently, if you get sufficiently lucky, like Jaydar, you can get one of them for a price that makes even the one Top-Gear-24 got seem overpriced.  As far as "properly advertised" Swisschamp XLs go, it looks like one seller sold a few of them on eBay over the last 18 months or so. One seems to have been auctioned and sold for $510 and then more recently, this item, this item and this item appear to have been sold for $600 each as "Buy It Now" items. It's unclear to me if he really sold so many or that some of the apparent sales didn't really complete.

Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 03:09:30 AM
Apparently, if you get sufficiently lucky, like Jaydar, you can get one of them for a price that makes even the one Top-Gear-24 got seem overpriced.  As far as "properly advertised" Swisschamp XLs go, it looks like one seller sold a few of them on eBay over the last 18 months or so. One seems to have been auctioned and sold for $510 and then more recently, this item, this item and this item appear to have been sold for $600 each as "Buy It Now" items. It's unclear to me if he really sold so many or that some of the apparent sales didn't really complete.

It is hard to know what is going on with those, he seems to have many or as suggested, sales didn't complete.
I'm not keen on spending that much for one.  Don't get me wrong, I have paid dearly for some.
Part of the fun is in the search.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 08:14:49 AM
Apparently, if you get sufficiently extremely lucky, like Jaydar, you can get one of them for a price that makes even the one Top-Gear-24 got seem overpriced. 

FTFY  ;).

Show content
And you would have to move to Switzerland first  :pok:.

Show content
And Jaydar hasn't said anything about the condition of the Swisschamp XL he found  :pok:.

Show content
Don't mind me, I'm just trying to convince myself that my deal was the best  :P.

;)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 09:35:52 AM
Apparently, if you get sufficiently extremely lucky, like Jaydar, you can get one of them for a price that makes even the one Top-Gear-24 got seem overpriced. 

FTFY  ;).

Show content

Show content
And Jaydar hasn't said anything about the condition of the Swisschamp XL he found  :pok:.

Show content
Don't mind me, I'm just trying to convince myself that my deal was the best  :P.

;)

You found a gem for a good price in my book.

I'd jump right on that if I had the chance :salute:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #17 on: March 24, 2018, 10:52:17 AM

FTFY  ;).

Show content

Show content

Show content

;)

Thanks mate  :salute:.

You said in another topic that you didn't know where to go on vacation, do I have to say it ...  :pok:

There's a place called "SAK Heaven", it's not that far away from our country, and sometimes it seems as if there's a surprise SAK behind every counter.  I've never spend so much money on "souvenirs" like I did during my trip to Switzerland.  And you can visit the Mecca for SAK fans ... Ibach. 

Show content

Let's face it, a region that they call "the Swiss Knife Valley" has to be good, right  ;).

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 10:54:23 AM

FTFY  ;).

Show content

Show content

Show content

;)

You said in another topic that you didn't know where to go on vacation, do I have to say it ...  :pok:

There's a place called "SAK Heaven", it's not that far away from our country, and sometimes it seems as if there's a surprise SAK behind every counter.  I've never spend so much money on "souvenirs" like I did during my trip to Switzerland.  And you can visit the Mecca for SAK fans ... Ibach. 

Show content

Let's face it, a region that they call "the Swiss Knife Valley" has to be good, right  ;).
Everyone keeps telling me that apart from my gf...

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 11:03:42 AM

FTFY  ;).

Show content

Show content

Show content

;)

Show content

They also have great chocolate there, and time pieces and fragrances from Victorinox for ladies  :pok:.

And nothing beats a picnic in a beautiful alp meadow, surrounded by 360° of stunning scenery  :dd:.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: March 24, 2018, 11:05:09 AM

FTFY  ;).

Show content

Show content

Show content

;)

Show content

They also have great chocolate there, and time pieces and fragrances from Victorinox for ladies  :pok:.

And nothing beats a picnic in a beautiful alp meadow, surrounded by 360° of stunning scenery  :dd:.
TG, you don't have to sell it to me!
Come over and talk to my GF.
Just don't mention the SAK part...

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #21 on: March 24, 2018, 12:14:23 PM

FTFY  ;).

Show content

Show content

Show content

;)

Show content

I wasn't selling it to you mate, I was giving you some tips on how to convince your GF ...  :pok:

And don't mention the SAK part ...  :think:

GF: "What's the name of the region you want to go to ?"
Mechy: "I think it's called the Swiss Something Valley, I, euh ...  forgot the name ..."

::)

P.S.: Two "active" Belgians on this forum, and still we manage to derail each thread the two of us enter ...  :facepalm:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 12:16:21 PM

FTFY  ;).

Show content

Show content

Show content

;)

Show content

I wasn't selling it to you mate, I was giving you some tips on how to convince your GF ...  :pok:

Mechy: "I think it's called the Swiss Something Valley, I, euh ...  forgot the name ..."

P.S.: Two "active" Belgians on this forum, and still we manage to derail each thread the two of us enter ...  :facepalm:
What was the topic again?
:shrug:

Besides, we learn from the best how to mess up everything that's on a rail...

england Offline Kev D

Reply #23 on: March 24, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
They must be a rare sak, I can't find any for sale

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #24 on: March 24, 2018, 12:36:30 PM

FTFY  ;).

Show content

Show content

Show content

;)

Show content

You even manage to derail the task of running the spammers out of town on a rail. :facepalm:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: March 24, 2018, 02:37:08 PM

FTFY  ;).

Show content

Show content

Show content

;)

Show content

You even manage to derail the task of running the spammers out of town on a rail. :facepalm:
Is there anything you're trying to tell me Pabs? :pok:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: March 24, 2018, 03:19:15 PM
i just love these endlessly recurring quotes... ::)

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #27 on: March 25, 2018, 11:58:01 AM

FTFY  ;).

Show content

Show content

Show content

;)

Show content

Is there anything you're trying to tell me Pabs? :pok:
You should know, being the one who did it...
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #28 on: March 25, 2018, 02:02:40 PM
 :facepalm:
Barry

Reply #29 on: March 28, 2018, 04:17:54 PM
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:00:13 PM by FolderBeholder »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%