Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger shop display query

tosh · 13 · 685

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Wenger shop display query
on: March 24, 2018, 12:18:26 PM
I while ago I posted on a seperate thread about buying Wenger displays.
I'm currently beavering away behind the scenes to try and find ones I'm missing.
Around 5-6 have already arrived, with a further 5 due to be despatched fairly soon.

The one that I'm after but unable to find is the display used for the Titanium line.

I don't know if the mountain is the Zermatt or the Matterhorn.
Has anyone ever seen this display close up?  Am I correct in thinking its cardboard?

I fully intend to do a major "Show off" thread once everything's in.

image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 36.79 KB)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 12:38:36 PM by tosh »
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Re: Wenger shop display query
Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 01:34:03 PM
Looks like cardboard to me...

Zermatt is the name of the town close to the Matterhorn. The Matterhorn (or Cervin, in French) doesn't look like the mountain in this display.

Not sure which mountain it is though... But I've found some poles that seem to sell the display: http://www.armorshop.pl/Ekspozytor-Maly-WENGER-Ueli-Steck-Display,p,1749

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 01:52:01 PM
It's the Matterhorn.   :tu:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 02:20:08 PM
Does it matter, hon?

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 11:21:15 PM

Zermatt is the name of the town close to the Matterhorn. The Matterhorn (or Cervin, in French) doesn't look like the mountain in this display.

Not sure which mountain it is though... But I've found some poles that seem to sell the display: http://www.armorshop.pl/Ekspozytor-Maly-WENGER-Ueli-Steck-Display,p,1749

WOW Syem  :ahhh
I don't know how on earth you managed to find that  :drool: :drool:
Many thanks for the link.
Does anyone know if we have any members here from Poland, who might be able to help me acquire one?

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 11:32:11 PM

Does anyone know if we have any members here from Poland, who might be able to help me acquire one?

Reverse image search from Google using the pic you posted :D
I was trying to find out which mountain it is... Searched a bit more after this attempt but to no avail. Won't know which mountain this is but you may get the thing itself thanks to serendipity :D

In my research I found out that the Swiss rock-climber/mountaineer who inspired the Titanium line from Wenger, Ueli Steck, actually died last year. RIP Ueli, and thanks for the awesome knives!

Edit: oh smurf... I just noticed while checking out that polish website again that they actually have 0 in stock... I saw some other Wenger displays on their website, all with 0 stock too but maybe they had one you didn't know about.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 11:38:21 PM by Syem »

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 11:48:20 PM

Reverse image search from Google using the pic you posted :D
I was trying to find out which mountain it is... Searched a bit more after this attempt but to no avail. Won't know which mountain this is but you may get the thing itself thanks to serendipity :D

In my research I found out that the Swiss rock-climber/mountaineer who inspired the Titanium line from Wenger, Ueli Steck, actually died last year. RIP Ueli, and thanks for the awesome knives!

Edit: oh smurf... I just noticed while checking out that polish website again that they actually have 0 in stock... I saw some other Wenger displays on their website, all with 0 stock too but maybe they had one you didn't know about.

I agree it was tragic to hear of the "swiss machine" passing last year, the only comfort to take from it is that Ueli died doing something he loved.
As for the 0 stock...I never expected otherwise  :facepalm:
I'm sure in time one will pass me by  :whistle:
Thanks anyway  :salute:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 10:14:49 AM
Yeah it's Ueli standing on the summit of the Matterhorn after his 2009 record solo climb via the Schmidt route.
Dani Arnold did it ten minutes quicker in 2015.

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 01:49:47 PM
Yeah it's Ueli standing on the summit of the Matterhorn after his 2009 record solo climb via the Schmidt route.
Dani Arnold did it ten minutes quicker in 2015.
No offense zoidberg, despite any backstory... It's hard to demonstrate that the tip of the mountain on the display is the Matterhorn.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:58:06 PM by Syem »

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 02:27:41 PM
Who says it's an existing mountain and not just a sketch?

ru Offline Nick4

Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 04:55:28 PM
It's hard to demonstrate that the tip of the mountain on the display is the Matterhorn.
With all my respect, as I can see, the photo shoot of the Matterhorn summit top along the summit's ridge is quite similar with the display photo.

For example, see the next photo from  the article at www.planetmountain.com:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 05:25:42 PM
It's hard to demonstrate that the tip of the mountain on the display is the Matterhorn.
With all my respect, as I can see, the photo shoot of the Matterhorn summit top along the summit's ridge is quite similar with the display photo.

(Image removed from quote.)

well, I'm no Sherlock but I definitely see a similarity there  :D
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 05:26:27 PM

(Image removed from quote.)
Guess you guys are right! I couldn't find any pic that was close enough to what we see in the display... It awlways felt like the angle was awlittle awlff.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%