Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sheath for Vic 111mm

il Offline israelpiper

Sheath for Vic 111mm
on: March 25, 2018, 05:29:26 PM
Victorinox Atlas (disabled side-lock) with Nite Ize rotatable Sheath

The Vic 111mm  line models come in a variety of layers, with both One-Hand and Two-Hand opening blades, side-lock and liner-lock. I don't buy a sheath for every model, but I do like a good sheath that will work for quite a few different models for belt carry. I do not tolerate sheaths that are too tight, which get destroyed quickly pulling the Sac in and out. Nor do I care for knives rattling in the sheath, and potentially falling out. Enter Nite Ize Tool Holster (Manufacturer number: FAMT-03-01). So far, so good after about two years of medium/light useage. Perfect for my 111mm Atlas, and especially other two-handed openers. The OHO bulge on some knives seems to be a stress-point.

Yes, I disabled the side-lock, and can carry this knife without having to justify why. In Israel we are allowed non-locking blades up to 10cm with giving reason. Not that I have ever been spot-searched. Or tried to pass the detection portals into shopping malls or government buildings with a big knife. Smaller traditional Vics never troubled any guard.   The Atlas is one of my favourite Vics, with a robust inline Phillips, a mini-pliers, and a saw, plus the usual cast of characters. I bought it with an Outrider, which has a scissors and a smaller but longer inline Phillips.   

A lot of Nite Ize users here? Long term users?  This one has a pocket for extra bits if you use it for a not-so-massive Leatherman or other multi tool.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 05:32:10 PM by israelpiper »

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Sheath for Vic 111mm
Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 06:09:12 PM
Is it this particular pouch?

I tried it out at a store one time... Forgot why I didn’t take it... Its definitely a good product... seen soo many good reviews of it...

Now I’m beginning to regret it... It can even fit the LM Charge complete with the bit kit set... It’s also possible to insert items on the sides where there ia those stretchy materials.

Now I remember why I didn’t get it then... Felt it was bulky at the time... Was also considering the Maxpedition Single Sheath... :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

il Offline israelpiper

Re: Sheath for Vic 111mm
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 07:23:53 PM
Yes I agree--it is bulky. But a no-velcro snap closure, and that 360 degree clip with eight stop points sold me. Besides, I am bulky, too, so it was a good fit. At least half the time I clip it inside a pack where I can grab it conveniently.   

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%