Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Juice Level 3 Challenge: 2018 version, April 1-30

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Juice Level 3 Challenge: 2018 version, April 1-30
on: March 30, 2018, 03:32:06 PM
Hello folks! I must say I miss posting daily after the 30-day Pioneer X group challenge. I don't have much new tools (except for a few alox SAKs coming soon), as I feel I have what I need already, given my current financial status.

My daily carries these days have been in my pockets: Spyderco Resilience for defense, LM Juice S2 (won from Nix's GAW) for utility and A Pioneer Solo for food prep; in my bag is an LM Rebar with generic bitkit, in case when I head medium-to-heavy duty pliers.

From April 1-30, I will do the Level 3 Challenge and use my S2 exclusively as much as possible on a daily basis. I ask understanding that I will bring my Resilience and Rebar purely for defense and for the time that the Big One (7.2 magnitude earthquake) might hit during the Challenge.

I'm aware that quite a few have finished this L3 Challenge already in 2015 and 2017, so I'm not sure if anyone else would like to join me. But feel free to do so as this begins in April 1.

Good luck to me! :D

:multi:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Re: Juice Level 3 Challenge: 2018 version, April 1-30
Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 03:40:39 PM
Below is the S2 that came from Nix and a generic bitkit that fits my S2 perfectly.

I must ask for apologies in advance as I take crappy photos and my daily routine is boring, office to work in a highly urbanized part of the Philippines.

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 08:33:09 PM

From April 1-30, I will do the Level 3 Challenge and use my S2 exclusively as much as possible on a daily basis. I ask understanding that I will bring my Resilience and Rebar purely for defense and for the time that the Big One (7.2 magnitude earthquake) might hit during the Challenge.

I'm aware that quite a few have finished this L3 Challenge already in 2015 and 2017, so I'm not sure if anyone else would like to join me. But feel free to do so as this begins in April 1.

Well, I was thinking that I'll start another 30-day challenge after I conclude my still on-going Rebar challenge (next Thursday), and the Juice XE6 is one of the options for that. I'm not sure yet, but maybe I'll join in a week from now, but nonetheless I'll definitely be following your progress. And yeah, good luck to this challenge!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 08:34:27 PM by Exeter »

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 11:03:59 PM
good luck!  :tu:

If you find it boring, some pics of the Juice with a Phillipines natural landscape or some ladies might help keep our interest up   :D  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 12:13:38 AM
Good luck with the challenge an0nemus  :salute:
Hopefully more will join in  :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 02:22:30 AM

Well, I was thinking that I'll start another 30-day challenge after I conclude my still on-going Rebar challenge (next Thursday), and the Juice XE6 is one of the options for that. I'm not sure yet, but maybe I'll join in a week from now, but nonetheless I'll definitely be following your progress. And yeah, good luck to this challenge!

There is a Level 1 (7 days) and Level 2 (15 days) Juice Challenge and if you join me midstream, then maybe you can get Level 1 or 2  :tu: :cheers:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 02:23:33 AM
good luck!  :tu:

If you find it boring, some pics of the Juice with a Phillipines natural landscape or some ladies might help keep our interest up   :D :salute:

Nice tips! I'll definitely consider that! And I'll be posting my days in Philippine time as well, so its +8 GMT  :salute: :tu:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 02:25:22 AM
Good luck with the challenge an0nemus  :salute:
Hopefully more will join in  :tu:

Thank you Wspeed! It will be my first Challenge alone so I'm excited and anxious to know how it will feel like. More importantly, it will test my assumptions about my Juice S2 as a very capable light-duty urban carry for an office worker like me  :salute:

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 02:28:05 AM

There is a Level 1 (7 days) and Level 2 (15 days) Juice Challenge and if you join me midstream, then maybe you can get Level 1 or 2  :tu: :cheers:

Oh, I thought of going 30 days, but yeah, obviously if your challenge closes before that, it's not possible. Or if/when I join, we'll ask Zoidberg what's the verdict, how it could go, if I could go 7 days more after you or I could only qualify for 15 days. Anyway, this will only be relevant in a week at soonest.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 02:50:21 AM
As long as you post for the 30 days with a pic then you can get the Level 30 Day badge ;)

Just join when you can and if it is ok with an0n maybe you can finish the 30 days out after he is finished :cheers:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 04:51:13 AM

Oh, I thought of going 30 days, but yeah, obviously if your challenge closes before that, it's not possible. Or if/when I join, we'll ask Zoidberg what's the verdict, how it could go, if I could go 7 days more after you or I could only qualify for 15 days. Anyway, this will only be relevant in a week at soonest.

Yehey! It will be great to have that journey with you, Exeter!  :like:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 04:52:59 AM
As long as you post for the 30 days with a pic then you can get the Level 30 Day badge ;)

Just join when you can and if it is ok with an0n maybe you can finish the 30 days out after he is finished :cheers:

Of course its super duper okay with me, Poncho! The Pioneer X Challenge was a team effort which made the journey easier and more fun  :2tu:

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 11:01:55 AM
It's a deal then, next Friday I'm joining in.  :cheers:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 01:18:03 PM
It's a deal then, next Friday I'm joining in.  :cheers:

Yohoo!  :cheers: :ahhh

I already removed my Pioneer Solo from my caddy, and starting tomorrow will just use my Juice S2 exclusively for a month! Will wait for you a few days later, Exeter  :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: March 31, 2018, 02:18:01 PM
just a thing,
it seems you haven't used the Juice much yet.  :)

maybe in a few days you discover that the drivers can cut, poke and scratch your fingers and nails pretty easily.
Some of us have lost blood, honor and dignity to them   :facepalm:

if that happens don't give up and find solutions (some have been posted in this forum in the past) because otherwise the Juice series is super carry/user friendly and versatile  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #15 on: March 31, 2018, 02:56:02 PM
just a thing,
it seems you haven't used the Juice much yet.  :)

maybe in a few days you discover that the drivers can cut, poke and scratch your fingers and nails pretty easily.
Some of us have lost blood, honor and dignity to them   :facepalm:

if that happens don't give up and find solutions (some have been posted in this forum in the past) because otherwise the Juice series is super carry/user friendly and versatile  :salute:

In all honesty, with my current lifestyle, I dont get to use tools much. I don't think I will be stressing my Juice within the 30 day Challenge anymore than my PX was barely stressed during the last 30 day Challenge, haha.

I see that I will be using mostly the blade and scissors...although I'm not confident about the Juice's scissor, frankly speaking.

But who knows, I might encounter a small emergency and this Juice will prove its worth.

In the meantime, I will be reading also the past experiences of those who went through the Level 3 Challenge with the Juice.

Thanks for the heads up, TheP!  :tu:

us Offline Glockfan

Reply #16 on: March 31, 2018, 03:05:19 PM
Good luck on your 30 day journey gents! Haven’t followed a juice challenge, should be interesting!

:like:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: March 31, 2018, 05:19:27 PM
I think one awlways learns something during a challenge, so it will be worthwhile for sure.  :tu:  :cheers:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #18 on: March 31, 2018, 05:46:12 PM
Thanks, guys! Been back-reading other Juice challenges and I have a better sense of what to expect. I just hope it will not be a case of expectation-versus-reality for me as I hold the Juice S2 in high esteem  :salute: :tu:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 05:51:52 PM by an0nemus »

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: March 31, 2018, 05:49:58 PM
Good luck on your 30 day journey gents! Haven’t followed a juice challenge, should be interesting!

yes, lots of juice gonna come out of this one  :D
My toys:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #20 on: March 31, 2018, 05:51:29 PM

yes, lots of juice gonna come out of this one  :D

hope not colored red  :oops:

ph Offline MrWilson

• just another SAK EDC'er
Reply #21 on: March 31, 2018, 06:31:43 PM
Dang! I didn't bring my Juice during this trip and I will be back to the Philippines on April 16. Maybe I will join midstream, baby steps I will start with level 1. I will start April 17 up to 23rd (7 days).

I would love to go for 10 days but I am still going to Beijing on the 23rd and I don't know the knife laws there and its China and probably not a good idea to argue with Chinese police.  :D So I will probably just bring a Victorinox nail clippers in that trip.  :D :D

Here is my Juice a C2, got it pre-owned but I have not carried it yet. It will be pocket carried for 7 days and I will not carry other MT or a SAK during the 7-day challenge. I will start posting pictures on the 17th.
Screenshot (13).jpg
* Screenshot (13).jpg (Filesize: 60.43 KB)

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #22 on: April 01, 2018, 04:16:20 AM
Dang! I didn't bring my Juice during this trip and I will be back to the Philippines on April 16. Maybe I will join midstream, baby steps I will start with level 1. I will start April 17 up to 23rd (7 days).

I would love to go for 10 days but I am still going to Beijing on the 23rd and I don't know the knife laws there and its China and probably not a good idea to argue with Chinese police.  :D So I will probably just bring a Victorinox nail clippers in that trip.  :D :D

Here is my Juice a C2, got it pre-owned but I have not carried it yet. It will be pocket carried for 7 days and I will not carry other MT or a SAK during the 7-day challenge. I will start posting pictures on the 17th.

Yohoo!!!! There will be three of us! I sure would like to see a pictures from different countries, if possible! Yup, 7 days and maybe who knows it might stretch to 15 to get a Level 2 badge.

Thanks for the intent  :like: :cheers:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #23 on: April 01, 2018, 04:22:59 AM
Day 1

Happy Easter to all!

Since it's Sunday then it's also the day that I prepare my medicine for the week. I usually use a dedicated scissor for this task, but since the Juice has one, might as well.

Takes an extra step to use the scissor as one has to open the bottle/can opener first, but I don't mind as the design keeps the MT relatively slim.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: April 01, 2018, 04:41:11 AM
Already a great use an0n 8) :like:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #25 on: April 01, 2018, 04:50:51 AM
Already a great use an0n 8) :like:

Thanks, Poncho  :cheers:

ph Offline MrWilson

• just another SAK EDC'er
Reply #26 on: April 01, 2018, 04:58:13 AM
Great start!  :like:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #27 on: April 01, 2018, 05:27:57 AM
Great start!  :like:

Thanks! Can't wait for you to join soon  :cheers:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #28 on: April 02, 2018, 09:21:15 AM
:tu:   :like:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #29 on: April 02, 2018, 03:19:00 PM
I love how the old Juice S2 looks. I've been drooling over them for a while now. Not a fan of the current design.
Good luck with your challenge!  :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD