Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

EDC a different SAK every day for 30 days #4 - 65mm

Syem · 86 · 2827

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Re: EDC a different SAK every day for 30 days #4 - 65mm
Reply #60 on: April 29, 2018, 11:42:21 PM
There´s an Omron factory where I live. I worked there for a few years but never saw a branded SAK.
I had never heard of them before carrying this knife :D its such a small world after all!

Day 115

Wenger EVO-81/Esquire. No ad, was NiB but I took good care of it so I still consider it NiB :D

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: April 30, 2018, 10:51:45 PM
Sounds silly i know but i left the plastic protector on mine for months, eventually i took the front one off but kept the back on  :tu:
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: May 01, 2018, 01:02:20 AM

Sounds silly i know but i left the plastic protector on mine for months, eventually i took the front one off but kept the back on  :tu:

I have left more plastic protectors on scales than I have ever removed so I know where you're coming from... For this challenge I purposefully avoided some knives that still have them.

Day 116

Wenger Esquire Macao Bordeaux (or red as mentioned in the wiki)

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #63 on: May 01, 2018, 09:43:10 PM
Day 117

Wenger Bernina Mini Spot Light with the unique seam ripper tool and no blade... Wonder if its TSA safe :D

It's obviously sitting on a couple of rare birds I got today... Well there's 6000 of them... Or rather another 5998 of them around. And I'm guessing a lot of people will be getting them in the very near future.

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #64 on: May 02, 2018, 12:48:11 AM

I have left more plastic protectors on scales than I have ever removed so I know where you're coming from... For this challenge I purposefully avoided some knives that still have them.

Day 116

(Image removed from quote.)

That's one classy Wenger!!!  :tu: :like:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: May 03, 2018, 02:38:27 AM
Day 118

Wenger Esquire which I acquired as part of a lot but had no scales. I recently got my hands on a lot of misc scales and figured I would make something special with this poor little guy. I settled on 2 front scales, one turquoise and the other purple, as they had no matching back scale and together reminded me of the Charlotte Hornets.

I gotta find a set of T&T though...

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #66 on: May 03, 2018, 09:29:10 PM
Day 118

Wenger Esquire which I acquired as part of a lot but had no scales. I recently got my hands on a lot of misc scales and figured I would make something special with this poor little guy. I settled on 2 front scales, one turquoise and the other purple, as they had no matching back scale and together reminded me of the Charlotte Hornets.

I gotta find a set of T&T though... (Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

:like: :like: love the Hornets knife!   I'm from Charlotte and remember when they were an expansion team in the 80's... got to meet quite a few Hornets over the years...  Mugsy, Kelly Tripuka, Dell Curry, Alonzo Mourning, Kendall Gill

Also got to see Michael Jordan and the bulls administer a severe beating to the Hornets in the early 90's.
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #67 on: May 04, 2018, 12:31:46 AM
Awe man, Plum wood and Damast..the sooner my billions come in from Nigeria the better  :drool:

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: May 04, 2018, 07:42:55 AM

:like: :like: love the Hornets knife!   I'm from Charlotte and remember when they were an expansion team in the 80's... got to meet quite a few Hornets over the years...  Mugsy, Kelly Tripuka, Dell Curry, Alonzo Mourning, Kendall Gill

Also got to see Michael Jordan and the bulls administer a severe beating to the Hornets in the early 90's.

Growing up in Québec in the 90s I was more about Hockey than Basketball... I'm afraid none of these names ring any bell (except for Jordan of course). The color theme and logo from the Hornets really appealed to me though and I was even wearing a sleeveless sweater with it for some years :D can't say I agree with the logo change though. :/

You're really lucky to have had this opportunity and to have these memories... It was normal at the time but now it's like having seen a mythical beast I remember seeing Wayne Gretzky administer a sever beating to the Nordiques when I was a kid. Well, you'll say back then everyone was doing it but seeing the Kings was something special :D

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: May 04, 2018, 07:46:51 AM
Awe man, Plum wood and Damast..the sooner my billions come in from Nigeria the better  :drool:
I'm afraid it'll be too late... They're almost all gone now... The knives AND the millions from Nigeria :D

Also, that pic was more about the Bernina on top of them... I should've known the two shinier things underneath would detract from it :D

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #70 on: May 04, 2018, 08:45:50 AM
Bit of a late posting for...

Day 119

Wenger Esquire Money Clip in silver Alox. Scales and clip are a bit beaten up but I like it the way it is and the tools are in perfect shape. Used the clip more as a pocket clip though.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #71 on: May 04, 2018, 12:39:00 PM
I LOVE money clip Alox SAKs!  :tu: That's an excellent one  :like: :like:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: May 04, 2018, 08:10:18 PM
That one needs an ambulance to take it to the spa  :pok:
Only joking, i really like the look of a well used sak..i would leave it alone too  :salute:

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #73 on: May 05, 2018, 02:00:47 AM
Day 120

Wenger Esquire in red alox

It's been a short month... Group pic to come soon.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #74 on: May 05, 2018, 02:10:02 AM
 :like: Very nice!  :tu:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #75 on: May 05, 2018, 02:12:19 AM

Day 116

Plastic protectors????

None of my SAKs have ever come with plastic scale protectors!!!  :-\

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #76 on: May 05, 2018, 08:41:47 AM

Day 116

Plastic protectors????

None of my SAKs have ever come with plastic scale protectors!!!  :-\
It's a Wenger thing...

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #77 on: May 06, 2018, 08:58:01 PM
Group pic for month 4 :D

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #79 on: May 06, 2018, 09:11:52 PM
 :like: All those with the gold band round the edges i will gladly trade you 15 Spartans for? but wait, that's not all... i will also throw in 15 Huntsmen to sweeten the deal !   :gimme:

Is that an EKA that's sneaked in there too? must have missed that one  :like:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #80 on: May 06, 2018, 09:35:21 PM

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #81 on: May 06, 2018, 10:04:31 PM
:like: All those with the gold band round the edges i will gladly trade you 15 Spartans for? but wait, that's not all... i will also throw in 15 Huntsmen to sweeten the deal !   :gimme:

Is that an EKA that's sneaked in there too? must have missed that one  :like:
It is an EKA... It was on day 4 (the group shot is in chronological order).

You mean to say you want to trade me 30vs1 so a total of 150 knives for the 5 with golden edges? I'm afraid it won't be enough :D

I'm still looking to complete my Lithos bunch BTW.

Also I carried another one of these Macao in month 1 so I've got 6 in total... I think

They're pretty hard to find so I wish you to find some :D

it Offline Mini

Reply #82 on: May 06, 2018, 10:13:01 PM
The group pic is fantastic!  :like: :like: :like:

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #83 on: May 06, 2018, 10:18:02 PM
The red Macao is stunning, that and the blue Granite one is probably my favourites so far, i saw a shop with 4 or 5 of the Granite ones but the only way i could pay was to e-mail them my bank details, i love them..but not that much, who knows..maybe one day he will accept a more secure payment method, till then they can stay on his shelf  ::)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #84 on: May 07, 2018, 12:31:39 PM
OMG too much awesome in that group pic  :o :like:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #85 on: May 07, 2018, 11:02:21 PM
Thanks for your answers guys!

I just realised I forgot to post my conclusion/thoughts on these 65mm

- the Alox ones are extremely easy to carry, super thin and light but easy to use as you get a bit of a better grip on them than on Vic's 58mm Alox.
- the Evo scales add a lot of bulk and dont really help that much. Looks are good but the Alox looks even better.
- I really love the Macao and Lithos series; must get more Lithos but that blue is already gorgeous! My favorite Macao is the 700 even though they're all awesome. I was exited to get Vic De Luxe series knives but they don't look half as good as these!
- I've always preferred the mechanism of the Wenger scissors and I confirm: they're much better and their serrations make them cut much better over time than their vic counterparts
- much better choice of colors than Vic (excluding special and limited editions)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%