Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Spyderco questions

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Spyderco questions
on: April 04, 2018, 05:39:02 PM
I saw this spydercos last week and i didn't buy them. I don't know the price.

I have only this pics.

I'm looking for more informations about this knives.

I know the models, that is not the problem.

Have you informations about the date of production, limitations and value or other interesting facts?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:20:48 PM by CeHo »

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Re: Spyderco questions
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 07:35:27 PM
Knives are „Spyderco factory knives“

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 08:26:28 PM
you got some excellent pieces out there.  :tu:

The Police is and old model (Gen 2?) with engraved handles, depending on if the handles are Aluminum or Stainless Steel you got a different generation. Yours is post 2001 manufacturing because it has the Boye Dent. It's also previous to 2008 because it ceased production then and stepped up to Gen 3 with G10 handles.
The engraving seems to be (or remind me of) Blanchard's work (Blanchard's eagles being the most common) and knowing the steel (ATS-55 or VG10? GIN 1) can't tell from your pic, bad resolution)

If ATS-55, can be Gen 1 or Gen 2 and
If VG10, it's a Generation 2 made between 1991-2008) 
If GIN 1 you got a first generation, made in the nineties

I'd say it's a Generation 2 Police, engraved, standard SE made in 2001-2008 period, the steel type will confirm even further

The Damascus Endura is a limited edition with Titanium scales, made in 2014, it came in a pouch with limited material, they used to go for around ·$200 upwards when they were released, steel is the standard VG10 but cladded (layered) and with that gorgeous damascus
Official SKU for it is C10TID  ;)

The Worker is a one off with custom handles, no production models carried that pattern, only limited releases (Japan made, neve made it into the US unless imported) and I can't find a match with that particular scheme,  :think:
so it could be made by a custom craftsman elsewhere (non affiliated with Spyderco)
I can narrow down the years it was made in if you tell me the blade steel (GIN 1, GIN 2 or ATS-55?), if it has any "Sakai" markings and if the pocket clip has 2 or 3 screws  :cheers:

Pics with better quality and resolution (and size) would definitely help  :salute:

Hopefully I could help a bit, but we need better pics of those beauties!!!  :ahhh
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 08:35:50 PM
Way beyond what I know, but the craftsmanship is exquisite.

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 09:01:41 PM
you got some excellent pieces out there.  :tu:

The Police is and old model (Gen 2?) with engraved handles, depending on if the handles are Aluminum or Stainless Steel you got a different generation. Yours is post 2001 manufacturing because it has the Boye Dent. It's also previous to 2008 because it ceased production then and stepped up to Gen 3 with G10 handles.
The engraving seems to be (or remind me of) Blanchard's work (Blanchard's eagles being the most common) and knowing the steel (ATS-55 or VG10? GIN 1) can't tell from your pic, bad resolution)

If ATS-55, can be Gen 1 or Gen 2 and
If VG10, it's a Generation 2 made between 1991-2008) 
If GIN 1 you got a first generation, made in the nineties

I'd say it's a Generation 2 Police, engraved, standard SE made in 2001-2008 period, the steel type will confirm even further

The Damascus Endura is a limited edition with Titanium scales, made in 2014, it came in a pouch with limited material, they used to go for around ·$200 upwards when they were released, steel is the standard VG10 but cladded (layered) and with that gorgeous damascus
Official SKU for it is C10TID  ;)

The Worker is a one off with custom handles, no production models carried that pattern, only limited releases (Japan made, neve made it into the US unless imported) and I can't find a match with that particular scheme,  :think:
so it could be made by a custom craftsman elsewhere (non affiliated with Spyderco)
I can narrow down the years it was made in if you tell me the blade steel (GIN 1, GIN 2 or ATS-55?), if it has any "Sakai" markings and if the pocket clip has 2 or 3 screws  :cheers:

Pics with better quality and resolution (and size) would definitely help  :salute:

Hopefully I could help a bit, but we need better pics of those beauties!!!  :ahhh

Wow thanks for the informations :tu:

I‘ll try to get better pics and more informations...

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 04:02:47 PM
Im looking for the value of the Spyderco S (silver, NIB) can anybody help me?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%