Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Manker E02 first impressions.

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Re: Manker E02 first impressions.
Reply #30 on: May 04, 2018, 12:28:00 AM
Point(s) taken. :salute:

Leaving the leaking issue aside, out of curiosity, why use them instead of rechargeables?

Practical & Convenient really.

I can go through several batteries a day at times and I have tried for many years to make recharging work for me and the bottom line is that is does not.
If I want to have light as needed I need to use throw away batteries,plain and simple.

I am not Lazy and have no vendetta against Mother Earth,I just know myself and my limitations and if it were left to me recharging to see, I would not see. :angel:

Seriously. You go trough several batteries a day? And they all end up in a landfill? How many used batteries do you throw away each year? If you use that much light, you really need to step up your game and go for an 18650 light, some spare cells, and a 4 cell charger. You just need to take one or 2 spares with you, and you no longer keep polluting the earth with one time use AAA or AA batteries. If I was you, I would be ashamed of such behavior. You cannot justify that.
Seriously. Stop doing that, and take responsibility for your action on the environment. The tech has gotten a lot better since last time you may have tried, and there is no reason to keep doing what you do.
You can pick up a BLF A6, 4 18650's and a 4 cell charger for peanuts these days. Certainly less then the money you spend on single use cells in a year.  Stop bullsmurfting.
You made me do maths!  :twak:
Assuming 150 AA Duracells a year (conservative number, I think), that’s over $100 a year on batteries alone.

One Duracell AA will give you about 1.75 Wh if discharged at 0.5A, a reasonable number for flashlights.
One 18650 battery will give you 10 Wh, nearly as much as 6 Duracell AA batteries.
One 18650 battery would last you a whole day, easily, if outputing the same amount of light as your AA flashlights.

A good 18650 flashlight: $20.
One good 18650 battery charger with four bays: $20.
4 excellent 18650 batteries that will last several years: $40.
Total: $80.

Hooray for math!
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: May 04, 2018, 12:58:24 AM
 :facepalm:

I have a lot of experience with lights and many great versions in all battery sizes.
I do carry an 18650 burner all the time as well as a 123 light along with my AA Leaker Preferred go to lights.

I have been down this road many,many times and everyone likes to preach to me about it and question my logic but trust me I am truly not that interested.
Sorry if that offends you but I already stated that I have no bad feelings for Mother Earth regardless of what your values may be.

Thanks for your concern but please just Live & Let Live.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #32 on: May 04, 2018, 08:39:41 AM
I can let go of this.  :) :drink:

But before I do: no need to drag the earth or environment or etc into this discussion, the economics angle is huge by itself. 

Ok, done. :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 08:40:48 AM by Don Pablo »
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #33 on: May 04, 2018, 10:04:04 AM

I have a lot of experience with lights and many great versions in all battery sizes.
I do carry an 18650 burner all the time as well as a 123 light along with my AA Leaker Preferred go to lights.

I have been down this road many,many times and everyone likes to preach to me about it and question my logic but trust me I am truly not that interested.
Sorry if that offends you but I already stated that I have no bad feelings for Mother Earth regardless of what your values may be.

I am not offended. Your future generations will be when they read here how you are part of a problem instead of part of a solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D9vAItORgE
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: May 04, 2018, 12:35:59 PM

I am not offended. Your future generations will be when they read here how you are part of a problem instead of part of a solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D9vAItORgE

ERMAGRD :think:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 12:43:06 PM by ezdog »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56