Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Simple Fire Kit

il Offline israelpiper

Simple Fire Kit
on: April 10, 2018, 12:10:41 PM
BASIC FIRE KIT

Assuming some source of wood around.

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Re: Simple Fire Kit
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 02:41:42 PM
Just two comments.....

My best current and ever ferro rod was a big Light-my-Fire I bought many years ago....it feels soft and throws mega sparks. The small ones I've found to be utterly useless for anything except scaring a pet or mildly entertaining kids :P  Try it if you haven't.

When I still smoked I used Clippers lighters almost exclusively, for a kit I would stick with BIC  :salute:

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 02:47:56 PM
nice kit
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

il Offline israelpiper

Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 06:01:48 PM
Just two comments.....

My best current and ever ferro rod was a big Light-my-Fire I bought many years ago....it feels soft and throws mega sparks. The small ones I've found to be utterly useless for anything except scaring a pet or mildly entertaining kids :P  Try it if you haven't.

When I still smoked I used Clippers lighters almost exclusively, for a kit I would stick with BIC  :salute:

I am familiar with the Army model and the Scout model. I use the Army model. Is there a larger one? Perhaps it just looks small in the photo. The Scout model felt too small in my hands, and for the price difference many more strikes were promised. And I must say, at risk of sounding like a free advert, the Army model does strike well in wet weather

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 09:09:48 PM
Nice and simple kit. I like it.
Nate

SEND IT!

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 10:15:20 PM
Nice kit  :tu:

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 09:59:48 AM

I am familiar with the Army model and the Scout model. I use the Army model. Is there a larger one? Perhaps it just looks small in the photo. The Scout model felt too small in my hands, and for the price difference many more strikes were promised. And I must say, at risk of sounding like a free advert, the Army model does strike well in wet weather

Checked on the site and it seems they only have the FireSteel 2.0 now?

The one I mentioned is about half as thick and useless.......except obviously for lighting gas equipment......as the pic on their site shows.

I had to really think back, close as I could remember I bought my original LMF ferro rod mid-90's.......it's thinker and longer than the standard Coughlan's ferro rod and throws massive sparks  :salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%