Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Greenlee Powerblade

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Greenlee Powerblade
on: April 10, 2018, 04:46:14 PM
I was familiar with the SOG Kilowatt for years (ever since the thing came out), and more recently, Paladin's Powerblade, but I didn't know Greenlee had put that model into their lineup after the Paladin buy-out.  I found an $10 lot of mostly cheap junk (three cheap MTs and two cheap folders, one assisted) that had one in it, and bought it as the PowerBlade is about $60 new.  Can't wait to start putting this to use stripping model railroad connections. I tag along occasionally with a friend who is an electrician, so it might see use there as well (and if I don't use this knife, he might end up getting it).

Can anyone tell me what the stripper in the rear of the knife is for and how it's used?

I'm putting one of the seller's photos used in the listing here, but expect a detailed writeup as soon as it arrives.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: Greenlee Powerblade
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 07:05:03 PM
Should be able to strip about any wire with it. If you have a 16 gauge wire, stick it in the 16 slot and press down and pull. As for the 3 hole in the handle, I am not sure what those are. I cant really make them out. Maybe crimpers or just for looks.
Nate

SEND IT!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 05:50:57 PM
Should be able to strip about any wire with it. If you have a 16 gauge wire, stick it in the 16 slot and press down and pull. As for the 3 hole in the handle, I am not sure what those are. I cant really make them out. Maybe crimpers or just for looks.

the bigger holes are for stripping even thicker wire  :salute:
it's even written in the handle material around the hole  :D

https://www.techtoolsupply.com/SOG-Paladin-PowerBlade-Knife-and-Wire-Stripper-p/6575.htm
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 05:53:40 PM

the bigger holes are for stripping even thicker wire  :salute:
it's even written in the handle material around the hole  :D

https://www.techtoolsupply.com/SOG-Paladin-PowerBlade-Knife-and-Wire-Stripper-p/6575.htm
Cool! I could not make it out on my phone. Thanks for the info TP.
Nate

SEND IT!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44