Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I'm not a Victorinox collector

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
on: April 11, 2018, 03:44:04 AM
I didn't think I had this many SAKs. Not many compared to most of y'all, but pretty big considering I don't usually collect SAKs. Look what you bunch have done. :assimilate:
Thank you, Swiss Army Knights! Now there are at least 10 more SAKs I have put on my want list, because of y'all. :rofl:

Pics are all of the same group.
20180410_201109-1.jpeg
* 20180410_201109-1.jpeg (Filesize: 133.5 KB)
20180410_201443-1.jpeg
* 20180410_201443-1.jpeg (Filesize: 142.64 KB)
20180410_202054-1.jpeg
* 20180410_202054-1.jpeg (Filesize: 175.63 KB)
20180410_202806-1.jpeg
* 20180410_202806-1.jpeg (Filesize: 58.46 KB)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Re: I'm not a Victorinox collector
Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 03:49:22 AM
'I'm not a collector'.

Sure.

Sure you're not.  :D

I think it's possible you have more than me. It's okay. I'm not a collector either.

us Online FolderBeholder

Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 04:00:22 AM
I like the assortment you have.  That blue one with a bail is piquing my non-collector interest...what is it?
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 04:21:36 AM
'I'm not a collector'.

Sure.

Sure you're not.  :D

I think it's possible you have more than me. It's okay. I'm not a collector either.

MT.o = the great enabler. :rofl:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 04:26:39 AM
I like the assortment you have.  That blue one with a bail is piquing my non-collector interest...what is it?
Thank you, FolderBeholder! :cheers:

From what some members here have told me, it is an early Fisherman. It shares the same Fisherman logo as the Red Fisherman I bought from Lynn a while back.  It is the only bailed SAK I have right now.

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 04:29:28 AM
I accept
NO
Respnosibility!

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
                                                                                                :cheers: :cheers:
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 04:38:33 AM
I accept
NO
Respnosibility!

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:  :whistle:
:rofl:

You caused this, Douglas! YOUUUU!
Seriously. Thanks again for the SwissTool. It is one of my favorite plier based MTs.:cheers:

Just blame it all on Butch.  :rofl:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 05:20:58 AM

I would but He and Mom are having a bit of a rough spell right now.  Mom just had knee replacement surgery and recovery is slow.  I'm not able to help much day to day, just on weekends as we live 3 hours apart.  It's likely to be rough for a while.

Everyone Please keep them in your prayers.

Oh and glad I could Help with reguards to the ST.
Good looking collection.  You just need to add a Spirit XBS.  Mine has definately become a favorite along side the ST on week days.  Amazing how handy having 2 plier based MTs always at the ready can be.   The XBS is so capable on it s own though that I don't even carry my ST on the weekends any more just the XBS.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 05:26:15 AM by Douglas »
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 05:29:00 AM

Will do! Maybe it'll get better soon!  :cheers:

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 05:31:31 AM
I accept
NO
Respnosibility!

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Seriously. Thanks again for the SwissTool. It is one of my favorite plier based MTs. :cheers:

There is only one person to blame for anything on this forum. He's the most responsible member. Anything and everything that happens, he's responsible:
 :kirky:

I've got a few more than in the photo with the Victorinox and Wenger combined and I'm not a collector. I've simply accumulated what I wanted to carry occasionally and what specifically interested me. If I were collecting them I'd have spreadsheets with lists of stock numbers and check boxes of what I have versus what's missing that needs to be found with all the different colors and variants. For those that do that, or want to do that, more power to 'em. It's what floats your boat that counts. Not certain whether or not I've got a completely accurate inventory of what I do have. Should go back through to ensure there's something for insurance purposes.

John

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 05:33:11 AM
Quote from: Douglas
Good looking collection.  You just need to add a Spirit XBS.  Mine has definately become a favorite along side the ST on week days.  Amazing how handy having 2 plier based MTs always at the ready can be.   The XBS is so capable on it s own though that I don't even carry my ST on the weekends any more just the XBS.
Will definitely be on the lookout for a Spirit XBS. But, aside from the oxide coating, is it different than the Spirit X I have?
I do admit though, BO MTs are awesome looking, but the price difference for BO is steep. :ahhh

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 05:34:58 AM
I would but He and Mom are having a bit of a rough spell right now.  Mom just had knee replacement surgery and recovery is slow.  I'm not able to help much day to day, just on weekends as we live 3 hours apart.  It's likely to be rough for a while.

. . .
I will do this.

John

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 05:40:02 AM

. . .
I will do this.

John

+1    :angel:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 05:41:30 AM
I accept
NO
Respnosibility!

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Seriously. Thanks again for the SwissTool. It is one of my favorite plier based MTs. :cheers:

There is only one person to blame for anything on this forum. He's the most responsible member. Anything and everything that happens, he's responsible:
 :kirky:

I've got a few more than in the photo with the Victorinox and Wenger combined and I'm not a collector. I've simply accumulated what I wanted to carry occasionally and what specifically interested me. If I were collecting them I'd have spreadsheets with lists of stock numbers and check boxes of what I have versus what's missing that needs to be found with all the different colors and variants. For those that do that, or want to do that, more power to 'em. It's what floats your boat that counts. Not certain whether or not I've got a completely accurate inventory of what I do have. Should go back through to ensure there's something for insurance purposes.

John
Thank you, John. Kirky is 100% to blame. :D

I try very hard not to fall into an overly OCD collecting mindset. I simply cannot afford to do it, but like you said, more power to those who can/do take it to the max!
I have just recently started taking more photos of each brand of tool grouped up for inventory purposes. I needed to start keeping track after buying the same tool twice on two occasions, because I forgot I had one. :rofl:

I collect in rotating spurts. Once acquiring one brand dries up, I move to another brand, and so on(edit: it goes full circle eventually).  I only have hand written lists of Vic, LM, Gerber, SOG, and knife brands that still need to be put into Excel. :facepalm:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 05:43:16 AM by gerleatherberman »

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 05:53:03 AM

Thank you, John. Kirky is 100% to blame. :D

I try very hard not to fall into an overly OCD collecting mindset. I simply cannot afford to do it, but like you said, more power to those who can/do take it to the max!
I have just recently started taking more photos of each brand of tool grouped up for inventory purposes. I needed to start keeping track after buying the same tool twice on two occasions, because I forgot I had one. :rofl:

I collect in rotating spurts. Once acquiring one brand dries up, I move to another brand, and so on(edit: it goes full circle eventually).  I only have hand written lists of Vic, LM, Gerber, SOG, and knife brands that still need to be put into Excel. :facepalm:

More than once I've found something interesting on eBay or elsewhere and had to go back and look to see if I already had one. More often than not I do. (Oh, yeah, I remember buying that one now!)

John

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 06:55:13 AM
gerleatherberman... friend... BROTHER... I just noticed the sad lack of 93mm alox awesomeness in your 'absolutely not a collection'.

You need to fix that. Life without a Farmer or Pioneer is like... well.. I dunno, but it sounds like it would be better WITH one. :D

EDIT: Oop... spotted it.

Well, now it looks all lonely by itself... being the only 93mm Alox... :D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 06:57:12 AM by Lynn LeFey »

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 07:07:15 AM
gerleatherberman... friend... BROTHER... I just noticed the sad lack of 93mm alox awesomeness in your 'absolutely not a collection'.

You need to fix that. Life without a Farmer or Pioneer is like... well.. I dunno, but it sounds like it would be better WITH one. :D

EDIT: Oop... spotted it.

Well, now it looks all lonely by itself... being the only 93mm Alox... :D

It is lonely for sure. Makes it disappear in a sea of 91mm. :rofl:
I appreciate you noticing/pointing it out though when you thought there wasn't a Pioneer. :cheers:

At some point, whenever they are cheaper, I'd like to get a Pioneer X to EDC. Don't want to scratch the minty MT.o PX. I understand the fascination with ALOX after getting it. The quality is superb indeed. :cheers:

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 07:29:39 AM
While comparing one to the 'YAX' knife the other day, I was kind of marveling how very sturdy they feel. And WOW do they have great snap. Without the plastic bits absorbing vibration, they almost ring when you open and close the tools.

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 07:41:49 AM
Will definitely be on the lookout for a Spirit XBS. But, aside from the oxide coating, is it different than the Spirit X I have?
I do admit though, BO MTs are awesome looking, but the price difference for BO is steep. :ahhh

The XBS has the Vic spearpoint blade not the butter blade and cap crimper which I have found to be usefull for purposes other than crimping det caps and it could be just my imagination but the pliers seen a little longer and slightly more pointed.  The biggest differance to me seems to be in the grippiness (if that is a word, well if not, it is now) of the tool.  I have never had a problem with the pollished Vic ST surfaces like many others but the BO dose seem to improve the tactile feel of the tool.  That again could be just my imagination.  Any way you slice it I like my XBS better than my regular Spirit x,  and almost as well as my ST X.  The ST X is a more robust tool and dose have some features the XBS lacks (better scissors, 90 deg square, ruller, extra lg flat blade/ crate opener, and can be used as a functional hammer).   The XBS has the better designed chisel, is more pocket friendly, has a better philips reach in tight places, and I like the extra heft of the bottle opener/ flat blade/ crate opener.  Both are the best of the best in their respective catagories.  If Vic would move the blade to the right side wth a OHO stud, come out with an interchangable file system (like Leatherman but to include needle files of verious types while leaving the wood saw as it is) and 1/4  hex bit holder (SOG like) there would truely be no competition in any way I could imagine.  Maybe I just need to present the challenge to one of our illustrious Modders to have my dream MT.  Syph007 any interest?  Any one else?

Hope that helps.
Dr.  McCoy

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 08:16:23 AM
Nice bunch! I like that silvertech brick! Still missing from my lineup. That blue bailed fisherman is a thing to behold too :D

I miss the days when I could lay out all my knives, take a few pics and put them back in their respective places in the span of 5 minutes... Enjoy it while it lasts!

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 10:47:54 AM
Praying that your Mom gets well soon Douglas... Give our regards to Butch...

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 10:48:32 AM
Awesome collection gerleatherberman :like:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 11:44:46 AM
I didn't think I had this many SAKs.

Nice bunch of SAKS gerleatherberman ! :like: :tu: :tu:

SAKS are addictive! :cheers:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: April 11, 2018, 02:00:56 PM

The XBS has the Vic spearpoint blade not the butter blade and cap crimper which I have found to be usefull for purposes other than crimping det caps and it could be just my imagination but the pliers seen a little longer and slightly more pointed.  The biggest differance to me seems to be in the grippiness (if that is a word, well if not, it is now) of the tool.  I have never had a problem with the pollished Vic ST surfaces like many others but the BO dose seem to improve the tactile feel of the tool.  That again could be just my imagination.  Any way you slice it I like my XBS better than my regular Spirit x,  and almost as well as my ST X.  The ST X is a more robust tool and dose have some features the XBS lacks (better scissors, 90 deg square, ruller, extra lg flat blade/ crate opener, and can be used as a functional hammer).   The XBS has the better designed chisel, is more pocket friendly, has a better philips reach in tight places, and I like the extra heft of the bottle opener/ flat blade/ crate opener.  Both are the best of the best in their respective catagories.  If Vic would move the blade to the right side wth a OHO stud, come out with an interchangable file system (like Leatherman but to include needle files of verious types while leaving the wood saw as it is) and 1/4  hex bit holder (SOG like) there would truely be no competition in any way I could imagine.  Maybe I just need to present the challenge to one of our illustrious Modders to have my dream MT.  Syph007 any interest?  Any one else?

Hope that helps.
Thank you for the info, Douglas! My older Spirit X has the spearpoint blade and not the butter blade. Definitely a good thing! :)
True enough about the BO coating.
Hopefully someone can do a mod similar to what you are thinking about. Recently Sam Lim did some cool mods to his Spirit. Perhaps he will try some of yoir ideas. :cheers:

Nice bunch! I like that silvertech brick! Still missing from my lineup. That blue bailed fisherman is a thing to behold too :D

I miss the days when I could lay out all my knives, take a few pics and put them back in their respective places in the span of 5 minutes... Enjoy it while it lasts!
Thank you, Syem!
The brick is one of my favoritea for sure. The Fisherman is a really neat SAK for sure.  :cheers:
I know how you feel about getting stuff out to take pics. Even though my Vics are easy yo manage right now, some of the other MT collections are becoming hard to deal with. :ahhh

Awesome collection gerleatherberman :like:
Thank you, jaya_man!

I didn't think I had this many SAKs.

Nice bunch of SAKS gerleatherberman ! :like: :tu: :tu:

SAKS are addictive! :cheers:
Thank you, VICMAN! :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: April 11, 2018, 04:02:20 PM
Praying that your Mom gets well soon Douglas... Give our regards to Butch...

+1
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 04:04:40 PM
SAKs start to multiply quickly.  I think part of it is the ease of availability.  I spent a fair amount of time on the bay of fleas and scored lots of nice SAKs.  Patience will be rewarded many times.  Folderbeholder posted recently about getting a deal and it being hard to pass up on.  I was like that early on, well truthfully, I still am in some scenarios. 

Nice non collection. 
Esse Quam Videri

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #26 on: April 11, 2018, 04:15:16 PM
you might be a non-collector, but I have half the SAKs you do and most of my friends and family don't hesitate to label me as "the SAK collector" among all their known persons and contacts  :D

Good bunch indeed, a bit of everything in there  :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 08:48:50 PM
Nice collection  :tu: when i started to accumulate saks i told myself no duplicates, i wanted one of each model i could easily get.. a week or so ago i did a stock check..multiples of most  :facepalm: perhaps someone can explain why anyone would need 11 Huntsmans and 15 Spartans? i wouldn't mind if they had different scales but half of them are red Cellidor  :twak:
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 09:39:01 PM
Nice collection  :tu: when i started to accumulate saks i told myself no duplicates, i wanted one of each model i could easily get.. a week or so ago i did a stock check..multiples of most  :facepalm: perhaps someone can explain why anyone would need 11 Huntsmans and 15 Spartans? i wouldn't mind if they had different scales but half of them are red Cellidor  :twak:

Oh how I can relate to this Borg!  :rofl:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #29 on: April 12, 2018, 04:15:57 AM
SAKs start to multiply quickly.  I think part of it is the ease of availability.  I spent a fair amount of time on the bay of fleas and scored lots of nice SAKs.  Patience will be rewarded many times.  Folderbeholder posted recently about getting a deal and it being hard to pass up on.  I was like that early on, well truthfully, I still am in some scenarios. 

Nice non collection.
Indeed they do multiply quickly! And thank you! :cheers:

you might be a non-collector, but I have half the SAKs you do and most of my friends and family don't hesitate to label me as "the SAK collector" among all their known persons and contacts  :D

Good bunch indeed, a bit of everything in there  :tu:
Thank you, sir!

SAK collector is a pretty good nickname.  I've been called worse.   :rofl:

Thank you, Borg!  :assimilate:
I can understand how that happened. Sometimes bulk deals and sometimes you can't pass up a good deal. I had an Explorer. Sir_Mike sold me a lot that had a champ I wanted. Now I have 3 explorers. But, that is good, since the Explorer is my favorite model. :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%