Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

PowerPint

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: PowerPint
Reply #30 on: May 07, 2018, 05:30:53 AM
Ah.. The long awaited tool is finally in stock eh..
Knife Center sent me the tracking should be in my hands Monday.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:like: I did an order as well yesterday night. I find it weird that the official SOG website does not have this in stock yet...
You mean, such a responsible and quality-oriented company, like SOG(in its' current state) would not update their website?  :rofl:

I like SOG MTs, but their business practices could use a serious overhauling. :facepalm:

On a different note; I am enjoying the PowerAccess Deluxe. Seems they listened to somebody about the tang notches not being ground properly and the PAD tools lock up with acceptable confidence. At least they do on my example. Can't wait to see the PowerPint tomorrow.  :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: May 07, 2018, 07:02:59 PM
Ah.. The long awaited tool is finally in stock eh..
Knife Center sent me the tracking should be in my hands Monday.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:like: I did an order as well yesterday night. I find it weird that the official SOG website does not have this in stock yet...
You mean, such a responsible and quality-oriented company, like SOG(in its' current state) would not update their website?  :rofl:

I like SOG MTs, but their business practices could use a serious overhauling. :facepalm:

On a different note; I am enjoying the PowerAccess Deluxe. Seems they listened to somebody about the tang notches not being ground properly and the PAD tools lock up with acceptable confidence. At least they do on my example. Can't wait to see the PowerPint tomorrow.  :ahhh

Can't wait for you to receive it and do a first hands feedback too!  :like:

Glad the PAD is working out for you. I lost confidence in the Sog line after they started with the Power Grab and Powerplay...

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: May 07, 2018, 09:19:48 PM
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #33 on: May 08, 2018, 01:49:33 PM
Hey Sam Lim,

Pint overview is up. :tu:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,77214.0.html

oddly enough, in Spanish we say   "Te diré como pinta la cosa"   "¿Qué tal pinta eso?"   or  "No pinta nada bien" to say what in English would be   "I'll tell you my first impressions"  ,  "How does it look?"  or   "That doesn't look good at all"   respectively

so, let's see cómo pinta the PowerPint in your eyes  :D

:popcorn:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: June 12, 2018, 12:45:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT2frjLelJo

yeah saw that  :salute:

it seems this is on par with other new SOG offerings, that is:
- a bit overpriced compared to other offerings
- flimsy in some parts, locks are meh, tools are subpar
- centered around the pliers action,everything else almost an afterthought

though this time, unlike with the PAD, the file seems to be good and working!!  :ahhh :D
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: June 12, 2018, 12:53:03 PM

though this time, unlike with the PAD, the file seems to be good and working!!  :ahhh :D

You should visit the other PowerPint thread to learn that the file is just as awful as on the other new SOG's. :) I don't know why he said that the file was okay, even the filing he did wasn't that effective.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #37 on: June 12, 2018, 12:55:14 PM

You should visit the other PowerPint thread to learn that the file is just as awful as on the other new SOG's. :) I don't know why he said that the file was okay, even the filing he did wasn't that effective.

sees conflicting evidence.
I have watched WeAllJuggleKnives for at least 6 years and his review of at least a dozen different multitools and I know he knows how good or bad files can be  ???  It was not excellent (ie ST300 or Spirit) but miles ahead of the PADs...

Not that he is an expert or that his experience invalidates the others' personal stories but he knows what he's talking about.  :salute:

or most likely it's a problem from the QC department and inconsistency in the Chinese factories  :think:
My toys:

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: June 12, 2018, 01:03:23 PM

sees conflicting evidence.
I have watched WeAllJuggleKnives for at least 6 years and his review of at least a dozen different multitools and I know he knows how good or bad files can be  ???  It was not excellent (ie ST300 or Spirit) but miles ahead of the PADs...

Not that he is an expert or that his experience invalidates the others' personal stories but he knows what he's talking about.  :salute:

or most likely it's a problem from the QC department and inconsistency in the Chinese factories  :think:

Well, I'm pretty sure we could call him an expert (I'm a big fan of his work and long-time viewer too), and I guess he handled way more than a dozen MT's, but still the file part was the most surprising thing in this review. And yeah, inconsistency plays a part, but how could they make only one working file?! :D Everyone else seems to agree that it's nothing more than a piece of metal with some lines cut into it. :)

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #39 on: June 12, 2018, 05:43:42 PM
WAJK is actually not wrong about the PP file. It feels awful on the skin and fingernails, but it somehow works on harder materials.
Here is a set of videos from the PAD challenge thread. The PA file feels about the same by touch to the Pint filw. But, the SOG file results may be surprising.  :think:

I made a crappy video (three parts, because I suck at youtube) about the file. If you dare to see what happens with the file, please feel free to watch. :)

Part 1:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ls5kkgQ_RKY
Part 2:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p_muxRa6jXE
Part 3:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mYvZ5EsPaA4
WAJK isn't my favorite reviewer of MTs, but he did a good job on the Pint. I don't agree with him half the time(he often does improper comparisons and uses inconsistent testing methods ), but he does do the MT world a huge favor by making the reviews and answering questions (I know he gets paid/donated to, but it is still a pain to do the work he does and most if won't do it).
Hats off to WAJK for the Pint review. :hatsoff:

Offline rxd

PowerPint
Reply #40 on: July 23, 2018, 07:31:23 PM
I have the PowerPint and agree with the WAJK review. It really has a poor selection of tools and quite a few of them are completely worthless.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 10:28:40 PM by rxd »

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: May 15, 2020, 09:08:24 PM
will PowerPint tools swap into a PowerAccess Deluxe? Could make a bladeless by swapping over scissors and a few other parts (including pocket clip) if the tools are swappable.

Charles.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #42 on: May 16, 2020, 01:51:20 AM
Not sure, but these tool models are wildly different sized. This would be tantamount to putting Juice tools into a Surge.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: May 16, 2020, 07:41:17 AM
Not sure, but these tool models are wildly different sized. This would be tantamount to putting Juice tools into a Surge.

Granted. Gerber does that tho. Mp400, mp600, centerdrive, Flick, and suspension all have interchangeable tools. I was hoping sog did it too, because scissors are scissors, even if they’re small.

Charles.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD