Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I miss the Kick

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
I miss the Kick
on: May 18, 2020, 03:28:22 PM
I've never even touched one before, but does anyone miss the Kick? Full-sized pliers, 3D Phillips, two flats, an opener, and PE blade all at 5.2oz? That is less than a Skeletool but more capability. That is really impressive. No locking implements so wider legal carry. It was probably really cheap, too. Didn't come with the pocket clip, which is weird, but nobody's perfect. Anyways, I wish LM made something like this still. The Skeletool, Wingman/SideKick, P2 are the closest offerings but are all lacking what the Kick offered.

SOG PPP or Gerber MP400 could've been successors/competitors but they never made a pocket clip for them. The PowerAccess sucks, don't even talk to me about that turd.  :rofl:

Sorry, just wanted to say that. Sometimes less is more. Especially with pocket tools.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Re: I miss the Kick
Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 03:56:22 PM
Fuse will be a very good option as well. Offers a extra pair of scissor and all locking implements. Not alot bigger or thicker. Price wise is very close.

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 04:32:03 PM
Fuse will be a very good option as well. Offers a extra pair of scissor and all locking implements. Not alot bigger or thicker. Price wise is very close.
I think that one of the perceived benefits of the Kick (over the Fuse) was the fact that the blades didn't lock.

For some of us (think UK) where any locking blade potentially leaves you having to justify carry, regardless of length, this is a massive benefit.
Oddly though, compared to some other places, OHO is not an issue (unless it also locks  :facepalm: )
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 05:50:34 PM
I have checked ebay the last few days and can generally find Kicks in good condition, but a pocket clip has not shown itself. Leatherman needs to retire the SK/WM line and bring the Kick back!
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 09:30:00 PM
And don’t forget the Kick had a good pocket clip option.  :salute:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

za Offline Hood3dvillain

Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 10:04:56 PM
I actually just bought a new Kick with Pocket Clip from a fellow collector here in South Africa. Cant wait to get my hands on it.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 10:19:32 PM by Hood3dvillain »
Leatherman Collector and User.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 10:12:21 PM
 :like: :tu:

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 11:44:04 PM
I actually just bought a new Kick with Pocket Clip from a fellow collector here in South Africa. Cant wait to get my hands on it.

(Image removed from quote.)

Congrats, Hood! That thing looks great! I am jealous

za Offline Hood3dvillain

Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 11:44:43 PM
Congrats, Hood! That thing looks great! I am jealous
Thanx buddy..!!

Leatherman Collector and User.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 04:54:29 AM
The Kick was a great MT but the Zytel wasn't received to well unfortunately :dunno: I like the whole Zytel line and wished that those were all still being made :cry: I luckily bought a couple of the Kick clips way back when (even before I had a Kick) because you could use them as knurled screw wrenches, this was before the invention of the loki wrenches :cheers:

Congrats on the sweet looking example you have coming, Hood :like:

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 19, 2020, 07:35:51 PM
Ok so I bought a Kick :D $20 from eBay. Should be here tomorrow evening.

Anybody got a pocket clip available? Have not been able to find one online, yet.

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #11 on: May 20, 2020, 12:53:19 AM
I carried a Kick at work back during my electrician years. It was a lightweight but solid, no nonsense tool that I wasn't afraid to beat up. Great tool. :multi:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: May 20, 2020, 02:23:40 AM
Ok so I bought a Kick :D $20 from eBay. Should be here tomorrow evening.

Anybody got a pocket clip available? Have not been able to find one online, yet.

Congrats on the new to you Kick :tu: :like: Good luck with finding a clip :salute: They are very rare these days :ahhh

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #13 on: May 20, 2020, 09:01:06 AM
I’ve got a couple NOS from 2007, but shipping to USA will make it prohibitive.  :(
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: May 20, 2020, 02:08:33 PM
I’ve got a couple NOS from 2007, but shipping to USA will make it prohibitive.  :(

Bummer. I will be in Niger in July, but doubt shipping would be much better where I'll be.

us Offline Captain Hook

• Don't read this......You rebel you ;)
Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 08:20:39 PM
Knife laws, the bane of every cutlery lovers existence. Thankfully where I live we have very lax knife laws. I can even conceal carry my Cold Steel Counter Tac 2 dagger without any trouble.  :multi:
Feel sorry for the oppressed knife lovers out there.I lived in Cleveland for a short time and any MT or Pocket knife that had a blade longer than 2" was banned. I'm pretty sure 9/11 was perpetrated with 1" box cutter blades, but what did I know I was just a stupid peasant  :dunno: :facepalm:
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

za Offline Max Stone

Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 10:23:56 PM
Bummer. I will be in Niger in July, but doubt shipping would be much better where I'll be.
Nope. Expect not...postage into Africa (from another African country) is notoriously bad. Think Pony Express, but without the ponies...  :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 02:04:32 PM
Nope. Expect not...postage into Africa (from another African country) is notoriously bad. Think Pony Express, but without the ponies...  :D

:rofl:

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 05:50:37 PM

I can only imagine, but I've been briefed that the mail situation in Niger is "inconsistent"  :rofl:

Well anyways, my Kick appeared in the mailbox today!!!! I'll get some pics posted up later

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 08:32:29 PM
So the eBay Kick is in and it's pretty sweet. Good condition generally. It does not appear to have been used much at all. No scuffing or scratches. The wire cutters have gunk on them and the knife is really dull, otherwise it appears in new condition. Feeling good about only dropping $20 on this thing.

I can see why some would be frustrated by the Kick, though. A lot of spacers in there. I have some spare parts that will fix that right up, though.
IMG_20200522_28214.jpg
* IMG_20200522_28214.jpg (Filesize: 63.14 KB)
IMG_20200522_52402.jpg
* IMG_20200522_52402.jpg (Filesize: 74.36 KB)

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: May 22, 2020, 09:40:52 PM
A little rust on the crotch of the pliers, which is to be expected from what I'm sure was a drawer queen. Date stamped 1009 - my Son's birth month!  The insert has an imperfection on one side. No other issues besides these, though 👍🏻
20200522_131929.jpg
* 20200522_131929.jpg (Filesize: 162.75 KB)
IMG_20200522_11405.jpg
* IMG_20200522_11405.jpg (Filesize: 55.79 KB)
IMG_20200522_37942.jpg
* IMG_20200522_37942.jpg (Filesize: 58.08 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: May 23, 2020, 12:53:36 AM
Congrats  8) and looks great :tu: :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30