Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Need a light?

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Need a light?
on: April 15, 2018, 04:23:26 AM
This watch has a bit of a story attached to it. I visited a new pawn shop yesterday only to find out one of my former students opened it recently. I walked through and found a few interesting items. I then noticed this odd looking watch and asked about it. He told me it was a lighter watch. I had to have a look as I have never seen one of these before. He promptly filled it up with Butane and tried to spark it, but it would only light intermittently at best. I told him I wasn't all that interested in it. When I brought my package home, I found out he had slipped the watch into the bag while I wasn't looking. Ok, cool...I got myself a free watch that is more a novelty than a watch. Upon closer inspection, I noted that the watch didn't work. I also found out that all the time he was sparking it, he must have primed the pump as it now lit upon every push of the large slide button that I did.

I found some information online and decided to see if the battery was easy to replace. I opened the back and couldn't find a battery anywhere. Puzzled, I once again hit the net to see if this was an actual working watch, or just a wrist lighter. I soon found that I had to take the back off, then work on two screws which would allow the front face to come off, exposing the battery. I brought it into a jewelry shop to     get the battery replaced. The woman who did the battery change couldn't get over the watch. I warned her about the flame as I didn't want her to accidentally activate the lighter and burn herself or set the shop on fire. She couldn't get enough of that function. With that said, we both quickly found out the watch does work with the new battery installed.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Need a light?
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 04:26:46 AM
Gives a whole new meaning to the expression "time's a burnin'!"

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 05:04:41 AM
Winner   :tu: 

I always like the weird and wacky stuff, and this one definitely rates  :D
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 09:24:44 AM
That’s pretty neat!  :tu:

That’s nice a former student owns it. I would give him a list of things your looking for or that interest you and have him keep a eye out.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:25:47 AM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 10:31:41 AM
I THINK it was available through some chinese wholesalers a few years ago.
Just for your information.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 01:28:23 PM
He had a price tag of 5 bucks on it as he wasn't sure if the watch would work.with a battery.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44