Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Great service from Victorinox and Burton McCall

Offline mattbod

Great service from Victorinox and Burton McCall
on: April 15, 2018, 11:41:20 AM
I saw someone asking about the warranty service a few days ago. I can say I am very impressed. They could have just replaced the worn blades but instead sharpened and polished them (can still see faint scratches) as well as oiling the mechanism. I guess they understand patina and battle scars are what makes a knife personal to an individual :). My Climber was bought for my 15th in 1994 and been about with me ever since. Servie from UK importer Burton McCall excellent too. They wrote informing me of a delay and sent me a little Classic SD as an apology as well as not charging me a penny (normally £9.99 for p&p). I am extremely impressed as this sort of service is rare today in our theowaway culture. It makes me feel better spending more money on a Swiss Champ and Alox Pioneer X too. Would attach picture but saying file is too big :(

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Re: Great service from Victorinox and Burton McCall
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 12:39:04 PM
Great story!  :like:

And there are picture resizing tools on the 'net, like this one:
http://www.picresize.com/
Play around with it to get a feel for how it works, the important part is the resizing settings, not cropping.
Needs to be under 1024 kilobytes, preferably about 500 or less. ;)

Or you can use a photo hosting service like imgur, flickr, etc.  :tu:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 01:12:31 PM
Great story!  :like:

And there are picture resizing tools on the 'net, like this one:
http://www.picresize.com/
Play around with it to get a feel for how it works, the important part is the resizing settings, not cropping.
Needs to be under 1024 kilobytes, preferably about 500 or less. ;)

Or you can use a photo hosting service like imgur, flickr, etc.  :tu:

I resize mine so that they're no more than 1024 pixels wide for landscape orientation or 800 pixels high for portrait orientation. Makes them about the right size for forum postings and easier for folks to see on computer screens, including tablets.

+1 on using imgur or flickr for image hosting. Lets you put the photo inline with your text.

Note:
Don't use Photobucket unless you want to pay a monthly fee so that you can post them in forums like this one. Spend some time here and you'll see the Photobucket Swiss Cheese Disease from when they decided to kill 3rd Party Hosting (i.e. posting photo on forums like this one that were stored there). That little stunt did more damage to forum archives than you could ever imagine. What used to be photos comes up with a Photobucket banner telling the user whose photo it was to sign up for their paid service.

John

Offline mattbod

Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 03:54:57 PM

There's the letter they sent and knife :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%