Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do you collect?

Poncho65 · 149 · 18676

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Re: What do you collect?
Reply #60 on: November 24, 2008, 11:54:00 AM
I have some oldish stuff...

:drool: Man those are awesome :drool: I have a cousin that had a whole lot of them in the early eighties when we were kids and he brought them to church and we sat in the back of church and played Star Wars :D I wonder if he still has them :think: If so he has a pretty good sized collection of them :)

I couldn't find a pic of this one, so I took new ones... (of course I found said pics after I took new ones...) Any ways, my sister gave this one to me in London UK... I think she found it in a market or smth... but it has all the original parts...
DSCN2351.JPG
* DSCN2351.JPG (Filesize: 113.04 KB)
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: November 25, 2008, 03:43:32 AM
Besides multitools.  :multi: I have some SAKs and knives. I have started a flashlight collection with a good Surefire collection.  When I was younger I collected sports cards. I have season sets of TOPPS baseball cards for 5 years. I used to collect Transformers. Especially generation 1 but they became too over priced for me.
"

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: November 25, 2008, 05:55:42 AM
Discontinued Al Mar folding knives.
That's enough for me, all other spare money is spent on the shooting range =)

What kind of guns do you have? Pictures would be nice  :)
(

Offline serpentthegreen

Reply #63 on: November 25, 2008, 10:33:50 PM
None =(
Handgun owning is prohibited in Russia ( even shooting ranges have issues with buying them, and they can buy handguns manufactured in Russia only ). Even .22 LR and flobert. Non lethal pistols can be purchased with proper licence, but they're not suitable for training -- they're designed to shoot at something 5-10 meters away, and accuracy is poor.
Bolt-action and semi-auto rifles are available to the hunters only with at least 5 year experience. No Class III at all.

And i don't like shotguns that much to buy it, when i have other matters to attend to. But if everything goes Ok, i'll buy Remington 870.

Till then I rent a gun at a shooting range. ( Even IPSC shooters have to do so =( ).
This model : http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg145-e.htm
But  Russian variation has magazine capacity limited to 10 rounds.

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #64 on: November 25, 2008, 10:39:12 PM
Wow aint that a kick in the pants! I actually own more russian guns than a Russian can!!!

I have 2 SKS
1 AK
2 Tokarev TT
2 Nagants. But one is Romanian
S

Offline serpentthegreen

Reply #65 on: November 25, 2008, 10:54:26 PM
Wow aint that a kick in the pants! I actually own more russian guns than a Russian can!!!
Things are getting better, but it's going very slow.

• No Life Club
Reply #66 on: November 26, 2008, 02:22:09 AM
None =(
Handgun owning is prohibited in Russia ( even shooting ranges have issues with buying them, and they can buy handguns manufactured in Russia only ). Even .22 LR and flobert. Non lethal pistols can be purchased with proper licence, but they're not suitable for training -- they're designed to shoot at something 5-10 meters away, and accuracy is poor.
Bolt-action and semi-auto rifles are available to the hunters only with at least 5 year experience. No Class III at all.

And i don't like shotguns that much to buy it, when i have other matters to attend to. But if everything goes Ok, i'll buy Remington 870.

Till then I rent a gun at a shooting range. ( Even IPSC shooters have to do so =( ).
This model : http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg145-e.htm
But  Russian variation has magazine capacity limited to 10 rounds.

That was an interesting looking pistol. I use to have a few Soviet guns 2 Mosin 91/30s an ex sniper 91/30 and a 91/59 "Sanitized". Plus a Chinese SKS and a 9mm TT.
(

Offline Ninjaz

Reply #67 on: November 26, 2008, 06:25:45 PM
I got small collection of Victorinox SAKs.
And I also collect stamps from around the world - nothing fancy just from the mail/packages I receiving (or my friends) - I got one album (32 pages) and I got stamps from a lot of countries. Few months ago I reorder it after years for just adding stamps with no order. I print small flags of each country I have stamps from and I put next to each country flag the stamps from that country. I learned a lot of geography and history from doing so. It was fun but took me few days. I wonder how long it would take if I was a real stamp collector and have few albums / thousands for stamps.
[

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: November 26, 2008, 06:53:08 PM
Ninjaz send me a PM with your address and I'll send you some stamps I have I used to collect them years ago.
(

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #69 on: November 27, 2008, 08:02:37 AM
Don't believe I have said so

Welcome to the forum ninjaz :tu: :cheers: :)

Offline Ninjaz

Reply #70 on: November 27, 2008, 09:44:06 AM

Thanks :) It is nice to discover I am not the only crazy person in the world who got a thing for red handle SAKs :D
[

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #71 on: November 27, 2008, 10:12:05 AM

Thanks :) It is nice to discover I am not the only crazy person in the world who got a thing for red handle SAKs :D

they come with red handles too?  :pok:  :ahhh  :D
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #72 on: November 28, 2008, 04:37:04 AM

they come with red handles too?  :pok:  :ahhh  :D

:D :D :D

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #73 on: December 23, 2008, 02:27:11 AM
So yah Terry kids do love Hot wheels. Seth plays with them constantly. Unfortunatly He really Likes the Johnny Lightning Pez cars I have/.

Interested in collecting any that are about 10 years old?  I have many Hot Wheels and Johnny Lightnings from that era that I'd like to get rid of.
- Terry

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #74 on: December 23, 2008, 02:39:42 AM
As mentioned elsewhere, I've been "moving office" over the last week or so, and found my stopwatch collection.

There are several missing though, including a really nice Heuer model, and a German weird thing made by Jungens :( They can't be far away though, so I'm sure I'll find them soon.

I've got 13 here, but I'm sure there's another half dozen somewhere......

I used to come here a lot.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #75 on: December 23, 2008, 02:56:11 AM
Well since this is the Collector's Forum I figured I'd see what all you guys collected :D

I used to collect USA-made pocket knives.  Now, I collect a pension.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #76 on: December 23, 2008, 10:26:56 AM
Why stop watches Dave?  I saw them at the bottom of one of your photos the other day and was curious.

Neil
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #77 on: December 23, 2008, 11:08:10 AM
Why stop watches Dave?  I saw them at the bottom of one of your photos the other day and was curious.

Neil

Oh yeah - I took that pic in a bit of a rush and didn't notice! Why stop watches? I just like them!

It started when I was looking for a stop watch for coaching my kids' football team, and quickly deciding that the digital ones were crap. So I picked up an old one off ebay, and whilst it was nice, it didn't actually keep very accurate time, so I got another, and then another ....  :P

Some of them are just very nice quality items, and I like that!

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #78 on: December 23, 2008, 12:33:17 PM
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled at the carboots for you.  You occasionally see them but not often.

Neil

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #79 on: December 23, 2008, 08:22:38 PM
When i get rich i will start my bicycle collection starting with an Original Wright Brothers bicycle. Vintage Eddy Merchx, Columbia, Litespeed, Merlin, Spooky, Ibis, Proflex, and Derosa to start with.
:like:    :MTO:

• No Life Club
Reply #80 on: December 24, 2008, 04:40:43 AM

Neil

Oh yeah - I took that pic in a bit of a rush and didn't notice! Why stop watches? I just like them!

It started when I was looking for a stop watch for coaching my kids' football team, and quickly deciding that the digital ones were crap. So I picked up an old one off ebay, and whilst it was nice, it didn't actually keep very accurate time, so I got another, and then another ....  :P

I seen a nice one the other day
http://www.garrettwade.com/german-made-personal-tools/p/08C08ddd03/
(

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #81 on: December 24, 2008, 05:32:22 AM
When i get rich i will start my bicycle collection starting with an Original Wright Brothers bicycle. Vintage Eddy Merchx, Columbia, Litespeed, Merlin, Spooky, Ibis, Proflex, and Derosa to start with.
Don't forget vintage Nottingham Raleigh :D I collect or rather,used to collect British regimental cap badges
I

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #82 on: December 24, 2008, 08:10:26 AM
Don't forget vintage Nottingham Raleigh :D I collect or rather,used to collect British regimental cap badges
Why did you stop mate?
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #83 on: December 24, 2008, 02:49:55 PM
I got lucky over a couple years and found some local flea market stalls that had badges,then that dried up,then for a long time couldn't find a source,until I started surfing the 'net.I'm still short,the Gordons,Argyll& Sutherlands,KOSB,Ox & Bucks,Sherwood Foresters,and the Gloucestershire--front and back.

I do need to get another badge for the KRR.I had one and gave it to an old acquaintance of mine,who had served in a Territorial battalion of the KRR,then went on to be a F/O in the RAF.In return he gave me his cloth pilot's wings---more than fair trade there.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 02:55:53 PM by Bison56 »
I

Reply #84 on: December 24, 2008, 03:08:56 PM
Maybe you and Grant should join forces, then see what you can pick up over here :)

Ironically the Argyll& Sutherlands are one of my counties regiments, despite hailing from Scotland!

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
Reply #85 on: December 24, 2008, 03:19:49 PM
Maybe you and Grant should join forces, then see what you can pick up over here :)

Ironically the Argyll& Sutherlands are one of my counties regiments, despite hailing from Scotland!
And that from a county that was linked to the Buffs! Pontius Pilate's Bodyguard :D BTW the KRR was nicknamed the Kaiser's Bodyguard,partly because it's badge was Maltese Cross shaped,and also pre-1914 the Kaiser was honorary Colonel of the Reg't.Another little piece of history to tuck away for future reference: My friend,that I traded with;flew Tiffies in 181 Sqn. He tolds me that Tiffie drivers ALWAYS flew with oxygen masks on,because Tiffies profusely leaked carbon monoxide  into the cockpits.
I

gb Offline Neil

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #86 on: December 24, 2008, 05:21:36 PM
I got lucky over a couple years and found some local flea market stalls that had badges,then that dried up,then for a long time couldn't find a source,until I started surfing the 'net.I'm still short,the Gordons,Argyll& Sutherlands,KOSB,Ox & Bucks,Sherwood Foresters,and the Gloucestershire--front and back.

I do need to get another badge for the KRR.I had one and gave it to an old acquaintance of mine,who had served in a Territorial battalion of the KRR,then went on to be a F/O in the RAF.In return he gave me his cloth pilot's wings---more than fair trade there.

If you can send me pictures or links of what you're looking for I'll have a hunt upstairs.

Seriously, I have a load of new old stock military badges dating back to before WW1.  They were lurking in the basement of my father-in-law's shop.

Neil

Flash

Reply #87 on: December 24, 2008, 05:45:54 PM
Neil,

Got anything from the Staffordshire Regiment?  That was my Grandads  :salute:

Reply #88 on: December 24, 2008, 06:39:10 PM
My friend,that I traded with;flew Tiffies in 181 Sqn. He tolds me that Tiffie drivers ALWAYS flew with oxygen masks on,because Tiffies profusely leaked carbon monoxide  into the cockpits.
I didn't know that :D

Mind you Typhoon pilot's were mad buggers anyway :D

Beautiful isn't it :), well unless you were sitting in a P IV anyway :o :D

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #89 on: December 24, 2008, 06:43:55 PM

Neil

I seen a nice one the other day
http://www.garrettwade.com/german-made-personal-tools/p/08C08ddd03/

I can't make out from the small picture exactly what that is, but I certainly have a few similar to that. A few are NATO issue, including Navy torpedo run timers etc. They have 3 and 6 second sweeps.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD