Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tool Bag Tuesday on Work Bag Wednesday,What do you say?!

ezdog · 13 · 2185

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Well I have searched a little and not really found a thread just like this so I figured what the heck?
I really wanted to do this Yesterday but was overcome by events so what about a 2 day window each week in hopes of more posting and a bold new idea?!?!?!

I work with tools every day and am pretty much determined to up my tool carry game all the time!
I bet I am not the only one too?

So last Week I searched for another bag for another vehicle and here it is so far. I have not worked from it yet but am loading it pretty much like my others and this is a 4th truck and I have been doing the same thing since the '70s so I am pretty dialed in to my daily needs though I do buy tools a lot anyway too!

I have been toying with the idea of a Veto Backpack for a while now and I have several other Veto bags but the one thing that I can not stand about them is that there is really only storage for hand tools and very little space for larger stuff and parts and screws?
So this CL bag has plenty of both it seems and is also priced about 1/5 of the Veto bag price?

And yes they always end up too heavy to really carry no matter what I do?

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:02:35 PM by ezdog »

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Re: Tool Bag Tuesday on Work Bag Wednesday,What do you say?!
Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 04:25:14 AM
Nice, exactly what bag is it?
 :like:
Is that a crate hammer in the last picture?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 04:29:32 AM by smiller43147 »
- Steve

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 04:50:53 PM
Nice, exactly what bag is it?
 :like:
Is that a crate hammer in the last picture?

This one is a CLC 1134

and Yes I loves me my Crate Hammers!

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 08:40:48 AM
Gotta get a crate hammer...

I have a Husky tool bag where I keep a Miller's Falls #5a hand drill, Stanley Sweetheart #104 wooden level, Stanley hand planer, Lufkin folding ruler, wooden Stanley square, some old Bucks Bros chisels, an Estwing framing hammer and some other stuff.

But no crate hammer as of yet

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 06:31:17 PM
I like these a lot mainly because they are so easily carried in bags and useful where regular hammers wold just be overkill.
Last weekend I hung a whole house with paintings and stuff using just a crate hammer.
They are ideal for installing plastic and lead anchors into anything and setting things flush with a drywall or plaster surface with easier control than bigger hammers too!
Also great for marking and punchng and big screw starting.
I can also just slide one right into my Pouch and easily grab the handle to be ready for the unknown sometimes encountered in the City.

Obviously also great for Demo and Prying and Crates!
I have torn up many walls and puled nails and wedged stuff to destruction and removed tile and cement too.
Good for hitting with larger hammer of course as well.

Plus they are just old and cool too!

Once in hand all sorts of uses come to mind.

Gotta get a crate hammer...

I have a Husky tool bag where I keep a Miller's Falls #5a hand drill, Stanley Sweetheart #104 wooden level, Stanley hand planer, Lufkin folding ruler, wooden Stanley square, some old Bucks Bros chisels, an Estwing framing hammer and some other stuff.

But no crate hammer as of yet
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 06:34:22 PM by ezdog »

Offline Old man Chris

Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 02:51:48 AM
ATM , I use a lot of VETO Pro Pack stuff , verry rugged , very high quality gear. Backpack wise I use the Tech Pack . I also have cargo totes , open topped totes , and meter bags from the same outfit , tuff gear to beat , but comes at a price .

Chris

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 01:04:51 PM
ATM , I use a lot of VETO Pro Pack stuff , verry rugged , very high quality gear. Backpack wise I use the Tech Pack . I also have cargo totes , open topped totes , and meter bags from the same outfit , tuff gear to beat , but comes at a price .

Chris
Same here really but I have also developed sort of a Love/Hate thing with the Veto stuff too.
Like I said at the top of this thread I love the quality and rugged nature of these bags but then the pockets are not tall ot wide enough a lot of the time and there is no real space for parts and drills and other things that I have to carry in the bag?
I just can not understand why this is the case?
The newest Drill Bags seem to go in the complete opposite direction for storage too for some reason but with no ideal middle ground for my uses?

Sooooo I keep searching and I am determined to not get another Veto until this is addressed  more than what they offer as of now.
I am just not gong to spend the Tach Pack kind of money and not get everything I need.......again!

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 01:14:24 AM
Alright it seems I am going to have to go on my own here for now?

This is a Blue Ridge Overland Gear Tool Bag!
It is 12x12x4"ish zipped closed and there is a large Velcro Patch and Molle Field on one side outside and a large Mesh Pocket on the other side.
The Inside has 2 wide rows of Velcro on the entire length of the bag and the Pouches Velcro in and out as needed!
There are different size pouches available and they are rugged and have a tough but clear material of some kind so you can sort of see what is inside too!

This is a great pouch to carry a lot of Hand Tools in a small Package.

There are Webbing Handles for carrying and it could really use some loops for a strap too but there are none sadly enough?

Tis is my main Travel Tools Pouch and it fits into a Pelican 1510 Maximum Carry On Case like it was designed for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:21:57 AM by ezdog »

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 01:16:12 AM
This one is from Atlas 46 and is a Roll Up Tool Bag/Roll.
The 4 pockets are sewn in and they hold more than you think they can and there is a 5th flat pocket on top too.
This has a Hanging Hook on top and is great for putting on a Rack or Wall as I work.
There is also a shoulder strap that rolls the pouch up tight when the bag is lifted with it and then a Fastex Buckle locks it closed for easy carry and storage too!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:25:33 AM by ezdog »

Offline Old man Chris

Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 07:30:44 PM
Atlas 46 makes some very nice stuff , more dropping all the time !

Chris

Offline Old man Chris

Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 10:14:46 PM
A couple of my Veto’s , a tech pack , and an open top tote . The Tote is for VDV , the Tech Pack is for general electro/ mechanical work.

Chris

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Tool Bag Tuesday on Work Bag Wednesday,What do you say?!
Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 10:47:48 PM
Well this thread sure did not get going as I had hoped that it might when I started it but here goes another try to revive it and add some fresh ideas!

I have not given up in my quest for a more perfect bag than any of the several Veto that I now have and use every day and I keep buying other cheaper bags with terrific pocket layouts but none of them seem to last longer than a year before dying an ugly and painful jobsite death way before their time!
The last one was a Husky Technician Bag with an almost ideal layout for me but the zippers could not survive the design and failed me and I almost had to cut the tools out of the bag one day!?

So I stumbled across a company in England that makes bags that resemble the Veto bags enough to think that they are inspired directly by them but in addition to the Veto design they have added an open center section made for all of the things that there is just no room for in the Veto bags!

To be fair to Veto I did pick up a Tech Pac which is the big backpack and while it actually does enhance their design enough to let me carry some odd shaped and larger things inside the pockets on the flaps of the bag,the bag is so insanely heavy when loaded that I literally am not able to really carry it which is a bummer.

So the new bags are Velocity Pro Gear Rogue and they are pricey to ship ver here but mine also arrived in 4 days over a Weekend from England somehow so I can not complain about it however they pulled it off?

Mine is the Rogue 4 which I have waited to be released as the Rogue 6 looked ideal to me at first but now seems as heavy as the Veto I am trying to get out of.
This bag is not perfect but so far seems better for me than anything else that I can think of.......if it endures of course?!

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: November 28, 2019, 10:56:06 PM

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80