Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Does anyone own the infamous Royal Crest.

Offline mattbod

Does anyone own the infamous Royal Crest.
on: April 18, 2018, 09:08:45 PM
This was the knockoff that won Victorinox 8million dollars in a recent copyright case. Apparently it was so convincing that people were sending it in to Victorinox for service and repair. I'd be interested to know if anyone has one of these BF system copies. Are they as junky as some of the crap out there or passable?

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Does anyone own the infamous Royal Crest.
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 09:53:46 PM
Do you mean this:
?

If so, looks like the usual Chinese junk to me but with a logo shamelessly stolen from Aitor.

Offline mattbod

Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 10:06:12 PM
Yup.

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 02:58:42 AM
This was the knockoff that won Victorinox 8million dollars in a recent copyright case. Apparently it was so convincing that people were sending it in to Victorinox for service and repair. I'd be interested to know if anyone has one of these BF system copies. Are they as junky as some of the crap out there or passable?

Looked for and found the YouTube video I'd seen a couple years ago showing one of these being bent and broken with very little effort. Same knife with sterile scales to keep it from being seized in the U.S. for copyright, trademark and counterfeit goods violations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQhwIwxvEW0

Had to harp on ePrey repeatedly before they took down an auction of one of these being touted as a Victorinox . . . in a Vic logo box.

John
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:01:43 AM by jalind »
John

Offline mattbod

Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 05:48:00 AM
Is that the B&F System knife though or just a deplorable piece of Chinese rip off tat. There are hundreds of knock offs. Anyway wow that thing is ghastly: American designed product huh wow. I'm surprized they got away with it for so long.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 05:53:03 AM by mattbod »

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 06:03:56 AM
Is that the B&F System knife though or just a deplorable piece of Chinese rip off tat. There are hundreds of knock offs. Anyway wow that thing is ghastly: American designed product huh wow. I'm surprized they got away with it for so long.
I wouldn't believe much of anything the packaging claims  ;)

Every one of these things I've seen looks identical. One of the dead giveaways is the scissors and having both corkscrew and Phillips along with the same tool set. Another is the back side tools and how the scales are cut straight across for the Phillips and corkscrew. They don't curve around the end. Only the imprint on the scales, if any, has been changed to protect the guilty. I suspect it's one Chinese factory pumping these things out by the thousands that will put whatever you want onto the scales, or you can take them sterile and have a company hot print what you want onto them.

John

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 01:55:45 PM

American produced,
Chinese made,
Spanish branded

That's just  :facepalm:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%