Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

ANOTHER health scare

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
ANOTHER health scare
on: April 18, 2018, 11:54:13 PM
I reported some time back about having chest pains and heading off to the ER to make sure I wasn't having a heart attack.

This time, it wasn't me, but hubby. 9 AM yesterday, he calls to say he's in an ambulance on the way to the big hospital complex in St. Louis, apparently with a brain bleed.

Okay. He was having problems with his vision, like his eyes weren't focussing on the same point. It persisted for maybe 10 minutes, and his boss called the ambulance. At the nearest hospital to him, they did an MRI, and diagnosed him with a brain bleed. so he got bundled up into ANOTHER ambulance and sent to the nearest hospital with a good neurology team. That's when he called me.

You ever notice that if you're in a REAL emergency, you encounter every possible dumb obstacle? Yeah, I had that getting to the hospital. The whole time, I'm trying not to panic. This included Hospital Security confiscating my Victorinox Explorer (with receipt, though),

I finally get to him, and within maybe 10 minutes of me getting there, the doctor comes in and says 'no brain bleed'. It was apaprently a small (and harmless) calcification the first folks saw. They run him through a long, annoying battery of tests, to finally say 'We don't know. It was probably just eye strain'.

:facepalm:

Well... better than a brain bleed, I guess.

The funny thing is, I had just the most horrible emotional reaction to all this, after it was determined he was fine. It felt like just short of a panic attack or something. Like, I'd just turned all that off while dealing with it, and then when I had the chance to process it emotionally, it CRUSHED me. I'm... uh... 'prickly'. I don't think there's another human on Earth that could stand to live with me. If hubby kicks the bucket, I'm alone in the world.

I was less concerned about dying when I had my health scare.

And the horrible thing about all of this is that it's not a question of 'if'. It's a question of 'when' one of these actually turns out to be a real health issue. Being mortal sucks.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: ANOTHER health scare
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 12:01:19 AM
Glad he is okay  :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 01:02:17 AM
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 01:24:34 AM
Sorry for the scare, Lynn.

Love comes at a price. For all of us. There is no love without loss.

I'm glad he's OK, and hope you both have many happy years together.  :tu:

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 01:59:06 AM
Life is fragile. I'm happy to hear it worked out ok. (Hey, we need a hug icon?)
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 02:08:02 AM
Life is fragile. I'm happy to hear it worked out ok. (Hey, we need a hug icon?)

Maybe. :D

Thanks all.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 02:16:13 AM
That is awesome it wasn't brain bleed! I can't imagine how you felt when that was happening, but I do know you can't live worrying about what you might lose. Or, you'll not have time to appreciate who you have everyday.
Again, it is awesome it wasn't a brain bleed your Husband had!  :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 02:45:05 AM
Happy to hear the prognosis turned out better than first thought.  :tu:

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 03:10:27 AM
 :ahhh

but +1 for positive outcome
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 04:02:14 AM
Glad all is good. 

But, it is so neat that through this experience, is that your husband has you!  a true friend & mate that cares and has his back unconditionally for “better & worst” forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 05:55:10 AM
I know how you feel all to well Lynn. I myself have had a few very scary ER visits and my wife was terrified she would walk out of the hospital alone. I was concerned but not as concerned as when I watched her in the same position on another occasion. I too feel like if I lose her I will be alone in this world as no one else could understand or “deal” with the kind of person I am and that is a scary thought to have. The reality is one day you will lose him or he will lose you and that is inevitable and we must come to terms with that. My wife has a very hard time with that thought and it gives her a immense amount of negative thoughts but I always tell her the same thing. Every single day we have on this earth is a gift and we should treat it like that. Enjoy every single day as hard as that may be sometimes. Even the terrible days. At least we are alive to experience the bad days and that is a wonderful thing if you let yourself view it that way. I really do love my life now cherishing each and every day no matter what comes of it. I rather have a bad day than no day at all. Enjoy them all Lynn, every single one.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 06:24:14 AM
I know how you feel all to well Lynn. I myself have had a few very scary ER visits and my wife was terrified she would walk out of the hospital alone. I was concerned but not as concerned as when I watched her in the same position on another occasion. I too feel like if I lose her I will be alone in this world as no one else could understand or “deal” with the kind of person I am and that is a scary thought to have. The reality is one day you will lose him or he will lose you and that is inevitable and we must come to terms with that. My wife has a very hard time with that thought and it gives her a immense amount of negative thoughts but I always tell her the same thing. Every single day we have on this earth is a gift and we should treat it like that. Enjoy every single day as hard as that may be sometimes. Even the terrible days. At least we are alive to experience the bad days and that is a wonderful thing if you let yourself view it that way. I really do love my life now cherishing each and every day no matter what comes of it. I rather have a bad day than no day at all. Enjoy them all Lynn, every single one.

Well said.  :salute:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 07:10:47 AM
Glad it turned out well.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 11:38:50 AM
Thankfully it turned out better than expected Lynn :salute: I will be remembering you and your husband in  my prayers :tu: Take care and hopefully it was just a one time event with him :ahhh

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 02:19:18 PM
fortunately enough it was nothing. This always puts things in perspective. Happy ending this time,  :salute:

and I also understand, feeling more worried when your loved ones are at the hospital and their lives at stake, much more than when your own life is at risk.  :P
That proves that we aren't alive if we don't have others with us to relate to   :cheers:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

hr Offline styx

Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 09:59:32 PM
glad to hear things turned out fine
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%