Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Surge W/Clip

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Surge W/Clip
on: April 19, 2018, 03:06:38 PM
I found a pretty much unused (even had the box and MOLLE pouch, removable diamond file and paperwork were misplaced) 2011 Surge at a local surplus store for $50 and am starting to order accessories for it.   I'd really like to carry it with the pocket clip, as there's some cases where I don't want or need a belt sheath.

The Surge is incredibly heavy and I'm curious about how it would carry with the clip, especially on the left pocket (I'm left handed).  Secondly, where  does it go?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:10:55 PM by cody6268 »

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Surge W/Clip
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 03:18:38 PM
$50 is a steal  :o  Is it the OG model or the New one ?

The clip attaches the same way as on the Wave , between the end and the bit holder. The lock keeps it in place.

us Offline mcb

Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 05:13:13 PM
I bought a pocket clip from my Surge and found it way to heavy to carry clipped into a front pocket.  I went back to a belt sheath for my Surge.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 07:06:53 PM
The clip works well on heavy duty work pants pocket seems. But, casual or dress pants/shorts pocket seems will sag, making it more noticeable.

You can sew an extra layer of firm fabric on the inside of the seem. I did that to some dress slacks once and it was fine. :tu:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 09:17:58 PM
The clip works well on heavy duty work pants pocket seems. But, casual or dress pants/shorts pocket seems will sag, making it more noticeable.

You can sew an extra layer of firm fabric on the inside of the seem. I did that to some dress slacks once and it was fine. :tu:

I agree with GLBM :salute: I have clipped it some and after a while you get use to the weight (well I did ;) ) but YMMV :D

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 12:47:27 AM
I've never carried my Surge with a pocket clip.  Its really a beast that IMO carries really well in a sheath on the belt.  If thats not something you want to do I wonder how well it would carry in a sheath in pocket?  Dangling on the pocket lip would certainly cause some sagging. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 06:33:39 AM
I carry my Surge clipped to my pants every single day and while it is a bit heavy I never have a issue with the weight. I don’t know if I am just used to it now, but I have no issue with the Surge clipped to my front left pocket.
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD