Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tim Leatherman Road Show - 35yrs Anniversary

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Tim Leatherman Road Show - 35yrs Anniversary
on: April 24, 2018, 04:55:28 PM
Hi folks,  :salute:
I suppose many of you will have received the newsletter and email from Leatherman (if you like them on social media or have given them your mail) announcing their latest Road Show to celebrate their 35th Anniversary.   :ahhh

It'll be all around EUROPE just like Tim did three decades ago, when he got the need and the idea for the tool he ended up creating.
Every city he visits will do a GAW for a Leatherman tool, and Tim himself will sign your LM of choice.

In my country (Spain) it started this April and my city (Barcelona) will receive the visit in June,   ::) then will go to Amsterdam, London, Paris, Berlin and I'm sure other cities. I've downloaded the ticket (free) to assist via the link they provided.

other countries in the EU will be hosts of the event, check out on Facebook or other media and hopefully you'll meet him and have a tool signed by the man behind the idea  :like:

Just thought some of you would like to know   :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Tim Leatherman Road Show - 35yrs Anniversary
Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 06:28:48 PM
Sounds great!
How about Belgium?

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 06:36:19 PM
Awesome!

I really do wish I can meet him some day and have him sign a tool for me but the chances of that are slim unless he does another tour around the USA.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 03:52:00 AM
Nice heads up Peacent :tu: Great that he is touring Europe and signing tools and visiting so many different places :like: If anyone is close to any of these places I would advise to go and meet him as he is a very nice and genuine person :cheers: and of course we need pics when you do :pok: :D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 02:35:40 AM
Tim Leatherman was in Halifax yesterday.  I got this message from Whoey's sister, who works in a hotel in Halifax:

Thought you'd enjoy this story. Server in the restaurant commented on a guys pin on his jacket. It was a leatherman pin. They chatted a bit about them and then at the end of the meal the guy left his card and a pin for the server. It was Tim Leatherman himself!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline BePrepared

Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 06:49:51 AM
Halifax Nova Scotia?

I'm waiting for him to come to London, UK, as I would like to go to the event.  I think it may be at the Science Museum here.  I signed up for the GAW  competition on Facebook/Twitter and sent in pics of my LMs, but didn't hear anything.  Still cannot find more details about the London event....   ???

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 12:54:21 PM
Yes, Halifax Nova Scotia, just a few blocks away from my house.  Of course, as I am a thousand miles away from my house, that info helps me about as much as it does you!  :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 01:07:11 PM
I suppose many of you will have received the newsletter and email from Leatherman (if you like them on social media or have given them your mail) announcing their latest Road Show to celebrate their 35th Anniversary.   :ahhh

It'll be all around EUROPE just like Tim did three decades ago, when he got the need and the idea for the tool he ended up creating.
Every city he visits will do a GAW for a Leatherman tool, and Tim himself will sign your LM of choice.

In my country (Spain) it started this April and my city (Barcelona) will receive the visit in June,   ::) then will go to Amsterdam, London, Paris, Berlin and I'm sure other cities. I've downloaded the ticket (free) to assist via the link they provided.

other countries in the EU will be hosts of the event, check out on Facebook or other media and hopefully you'll meet him and have a tool signed by the man behind the idea  :like:

Got the e-mail about Barcelona. Good luck, hope you win the GAW! Or at least meet Tim and have him sign a few of your tools.

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 02:52:16 PM

Got the e-mail about Barcelona. Good luck, hope you win the GAW! Or at least meet Tim and have him sign a few of your tools.

thanks!
I definitely want the signing more than the GAW's prize, I want to meet the man again!  :ahhh

wonder if he'll recognise me after 4 years?  ??? I guess not, too many people and signing events I bet  :think:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 03:06:36 PM
is there a map with his tour?
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 04:50:13 PM

thanks!
I definitely want the signing more than the GAW's prize, I want to meet the man again!  :ahhh

wonder if he'll recognise me after 4 years?  ??? I guess not, too many people and signing events I bet  :think:

But not many with an EDC like you!

:tu: :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 04:50:32 PM
Probably, that's what she said!

:D :D

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

de Offline Jmora

Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 07:06:21 PM
I got to meet Tim Leatherman yesterday when he visited Berlin (me:  :ahhh), he was very friendly and especially interested in hearing our suggestions for new tools and improvements, taking notes on a scrap of paper in his pocket. I had some PSTs to sign, and he heard me comment on the old sheath, 'you like the older sheaths', that was duly noted. they said they are planning alterations of that for the future. The lady with him was also fascinated by the packaging of the old PSTs, they are altering the design, trying to make the package more pictorially informative. He has another public thing in a bar tonight if anyone else is in Berlin.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 02:05:33 PM
I got to meet Tim Leatherman yesterday when he visited Berlin (me:  :ahhh), he was very friendly and especially interested in hearing our suggestions for new tools and improvements, taking notes on a scrap of paper in his pocket. I had some PSTs to sign, and he heard me comment on the old sheath, 'you like the older sheaths', that was duly noted. they said they are planning alterations of that for the future. The lady with him was also fascinated by the packaging of the old PSTs, they are altering the design, trying to make the package more pictorially informative. He has another public thing in a bar tonight if anyone else is in Berlin.

SUPER cool! He is a nice and humble person isn't he?
Glad you got your toool signed, it's now a lfietime keeper!  :cheers:

He is coming tomorrow to Barcelona where I will hopefully meet him,  :salute:
did you pass any ideas onto him, or mention the forum? I bet he's met quite a few people from this place already, maybe he'll meet us and join some day!  :D ::)

Thank you for sharing  :tu:
My toys:

de Offline Jmora

Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 06:20:42 PM

SUPER cool! He is a nice and humble person isn't he?
Glad you got your toool signed, it's now a lfietime keeper!  :cheers:

He is coming tomorrow to Barcelona where I will hopefully meet him,  :salute:
did you pass any ideas onto him, or mention the forum? I bet he's met quite a few people from this place already, maybe he'll meet us and join some day!  :D ::)

Thank you for sharing  :tu:

thanks, he was a very nice bloke, I was too shy to talk too much or mention the forum, but he noted everything people said. (brown leather sheaths; scissors for the Rebar). The other German people were talking a lot about the knife restrictions in the country. There was one funny moment where he tried to interest a passing customer, the customer looked warily and moved on, probably thinking 'just another salesman trying to sell me something',
hope you have a great time meeting him tomorrow  :salute:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 01:25:19 AM
posted my (great) experience at the LM subforum and tomorrow I'll add pics and other stuff  :salute:
My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%