Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is sure fire way to get my hands on a US Military Victorinox Soldier?

zrxoa1 · 15 · 1076

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Looking to find a way to get one. The actual US Military version in green with black tools...

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Sorry I'm no help but they were discussed over here in case you missed it. https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,76306.0.html

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
I did...  will go read it now. Thanks!!

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Hmmm, so it’s all basically a load of crap?  I mean, I know they exist and there is a guy on Facebook selling them for $145 each. No way!!!!

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Hmmm, so it’s all basically a load of crap?  I mean, I know they exist and there is a guy on Facebook selling them for $145 each. No way!!!!

They exist only because the one-man company operating out of his home in Pennsylvania created some a couple years ago with US markings on the scales trying to get Uncle Sam to buy millions of them. He offered them at the AUSA annual meeting (a private organization) and to the Special Forces Association (another private organization) for those that wanted to buy one from him. He hoped that by getting a few out into the hands of active duty NCOs and officers that it would convince others when they saw them to try to order them through the military supply system to put a demand for them within the military logistics system and spur DLA to buy them from him. Didn't work. It's not how GSA and DLA work.

All of these out in the wild are those he had made and gave away or sold to people who wanted one. There may be some that Victorinox made that were never delivered to the guy in PA that they liquidated in Switzerland. That's a best guess on how one showed up in Switzerland being offered in an ePrey auction.

The US Government has not bought a single one and has no plans to buy any. There is no contract for them and there never has been. Not a single one has ever been issued by the US Government to any member of the US Armed Forces. These "samples" the dude made are starting to show up now on ePrey and elsewhere, with advertising claiming they're exceptionally rare US military knives. It's all hogwash. The fact they have a NSN (NATO Stock Number) is meaningless.

John
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 12:54:28 AM by jalind »
John

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Thank you for the clarification. I just wanted the blacked out tools. Haha

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Not sure where Eth found this one but I really do like it.

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club

(Image removed from quote.)

That looks like one of the blackout Trekker Vic made about seven or eight years ago in small numbers. They had black scales. Take care of it as those are rare. They're on the SAKWiki Trekker page listed under the variants.

John

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real

If you're referring to the black OHT, I'm pretty sure they were made for the Italy market several years ago, that's where I found mine. There was also the black Sentinel Clip with a plain edge that came out at the same time.  :salute:

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Would you settle for a German one? Countycomm sells them on their site. The shiny kind though.

https://countycomm.com/collections/cutting/products/victorinox-german-military-issue-pocket-knife

If you do buy from them I suggest to look through their site and see what else you want. The shipping charges tend to eat up the funds.

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Looking to find a way to get one.

:think: Join the military?

How bad do you want it?  :D

"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club

Haha!!!

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club

Haha!!!

:rofl:
In twenty-one years they never gave me a knife, a watch, or a multi-tool. Must have been standing in the wrong lines when they handed them out.  ;)

Not exactly true about the knife. They did issue me a bayonet when the need to have one in my possession arose (operationally deployed with weapons), but always had to give it back when that need didn't exist as it was US Government Property . . . until I bought my own directly from the company that made them. Had to keep the purchase receipts for them in a file in the event someone challenged them as being US Government Property. Burden of proof they were mine would be on me, not on the US Government proving it was government property.

You can join and they'll let you borrow one of these fixed blade knives occasionally as the need arises. In all but the USMC it will be a M9 bayonet. The USMC uses the OKC-3S bayonet (just to be different). The situation under which you're handed one may not be the most desirable, depending on how you view it, as you might encounter some dudes who want to kill you (which is why the US Gov't let you borrow it from them).

John
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:23:25 AM by jalind »
John

nl Offline EMZ

They exist only because the one-man company operating out of his home in Pennsylvania created some a couple years ago with US markings on the scales trying to get Uncle Sam to buy millions of them. He offered them at the AUSA annual meeting (a private organization) and to the Special Forces Association (another private organization) for those that wanted to buy one from him. He hoped that by getting a few out into the hands of active duty NCOs and officers that it would convince others when they saw them to try to order them through the military supply system to put a demand for them within the military logistics system and spur DLA to buy them from him. Didn't work. It's not how GSA and DLA work.

All of these out in the wild are those he had made and gave away or sold to people who wanted one. There may be some that Victorinox made that were never delivered to the guy in PA that they liquidated in Switzerland. That's a best guess on how one showed up in Switzerland being offered in an ePrey auction.

The US Government has not bought a single one and has no plans to buy any. There is no contract for them and there never has been. Not a single one has ever been issued by the US Government to any member of the US Armed Forces. These "samples" the dude made are starting to show up now on ePrey and elsewhere, with advertising claiming they're exceptionally rare US military knives. It's all hogwash. The fact they have a NSN (NATO Stock Number) is meaningless.

John

Thanks for all your explanations!
Last week I encountered a sort of military/law enforcement from Victorinox. It has the US knife pictured in it. (Sorry for the bad quality of the pic.)
My guess is that also Vic benefits from this mutual deal because Vic is making some good advertisement with this "US Army Knife"! This knife cuts both sides.
P6155134.JPG
* P6155134.JPG (Filesize: 145.67 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24