Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My First Cell Phone Gadget

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
My First Cell Phone Gadget
on: April 28, 2018, 09:38:31 PM
I've avoided any kind of case or frankly any addition to my cell phone that adds extra weight or size. In fact the thin, small size of my S4 is the primary reason I haven't upgraded my phone yet. This came in a promo bag that was given away at the event my wife shot last night and I thought I'd give it a try. I often only need a card or two and maybe a couple of bucks when I'm out and about in the city, so having this means I don't always need to bring my whole wallet. It adds negligible bulk and makes the phone less slippery. Only time will tell.

gb Offline BePrepared

Re: My First Cell Phone Gadget
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 12:06:21 AM
Nothing wrong with the Galaxy S4 --- I'm still using mine.  I haven't added any card holder, or got a case with a card holder,because I'd rather not make visible my credit cards every time I use my phone.  Also, we keep being warned about 'card clash' here in the UK, because you can use 'contactless' payment with phone, or card, and you need to make sure you only bring one into range of the reader.  I am rather jealous of Apple users, because they seem to have more nifty cases like the Stowaway tools https://www.kleckerknives.com/klecker-daily-carry/

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 01:08:59 AM
Interesting points. I don't really care if someone sees my credit cards and I haven't set up any contact-less payment options and I despise Apple and its products. If Apple had an app that could make me 20 years younger, better looking and rich, I'd still stick with my Android.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 03:50:42 AM
Interesting points. I don't really care if someone sees my credit cards and I haven't set up any contact-less payment options and I despise Apple and its products. If Apple had an app that could make me 20 years younger, better looking and rich, I'd still stick with my Android.

I don't care for Apple either, but I have to say that may sway me....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 04:23:43 AM
I don't care for Apple either, but I have to say that may sway me....

Def

Cultist :twak:

:D

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 05:17:33 AM
... I haven't set up any contact-less payment options
Bank cards (EFTPOS) here are now sent out with PayWave enabled by default unless you specifically ask for it to not be.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 05:25:20 AM
That’s a neat card holder. I do not add anything to my phone either but if I got my hands on one of those I may just give it a try.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD