Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Archery tool box sneak peek.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Archery tool box sneak peek.
on: May 10, 2018, 05:22:13 AM
The last time I touched a bow was back in 2013. I was doing a bit of cleanup and ran across my old archery tool box. This was a kit that I had set up with my Dad back in the early 90s. Not much has changed since those days, and reacquainting myself with its interior contents was definitely a blast from the past. We found a cool fishing box that had 2 major compartments. The top compartment has a see through lid and is divided in plenty of small compartments. The bottom compartment is kinda cool in that there are 3 trays that stack up in one corner nestled to a larger single compartment. The other half is comprised of several thin compartments.

Here is the top compartment. In here I have a few tools such as nock pliers, broad-head wrenches, screw drivers, wrenches, along with plenty of needed supplies such as shrink wrap tubing, scrape bow string for serving, rubber tubing, glues, sandpaper, various sight pins in those old white Frisk containers, various rests, and other odds and ends.

The second level contains 3 main areas. On the bottom left are the 3 stacking trays. The top tray contains mostly plastic nocks, but also a wooden shaver for creating your own wooden arrows, and a few odds and ends. The middle tray contains most of the field points in different grains along with the ferrules. The bottom tray contains more odds and ends such as peep sights, string nocks, set screws, springs, peep sights, etc...

Above the 3 stacking trays, is the larger single compartment which contains quite a few bow strings, another big bag of plastic nocks, various bow rests, etc..

On the right hand side is mostly fetching of various sizes, both feather and plastic. Along with that, is a bottle of rubbing alcohol, cotton balls, and some scrapers for doing field repairs on arrows.

Here is the middle tray containing most of the various field points along with various ferrules.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Re: Archery tool box sneak peek.
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 05:55:16 AM
Good looking kit.   :tu: :like:
 Makes me even more serious about getting back into archery.  I've realy been considering it as of late.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 12:17:31 PM
Totally jealous of the kit.

Been pricing up gears for the kids. Stuff is way more expensive now compared to when I was shooting.

On the plus side I have permission to set up targets in an area of pines on a hill nearby.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 12:38:08 PM
I fear the prices these days as I haven't priced any of it in quite a while. I keep thinking I should get back into it...possibly bring something down to the gun range some say to fire a few arrows. I still have these:

A Turkish horse-bow.

A Liberty 1 compound bow.

Hoyt Helix Olympic Recurve.

APA Mamba MX1 compound bow.

PSE Sequoia flat/long bow.

Martin Onza compound bow. Produced in the late 80s to mid 90s.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 02:30:28 PM
Oh heck yes.   :like:   :like:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 04:04:27 AM
 :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:like:
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 04:50:37 AM
I bought the Liberty 1 because it was very different. It does take some getting used to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=1aP_gKlQd-s

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25