Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Scales Question

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Scales Question
on: May 03, 2018, 06:39:04 PM
The Vic corporate gifts catalog shows that SAKs are available to be ordered in solid blue, yellow, and hunter green--nonstandard colors. I've decided my CT41 will either be hunter green or yellow. From what I've seen with Central Valley Wholesale and Vics with blue and yellow scales--they've been backward ad scales (which makes sense, they're in the advertising catalog). The Swiss eBay seller's photo shows them as being normal, with the cross on the front (but the photo was obviously edited, and the scales Photoshopped on).  Are they truly available as normal, or are they still advertising scales?

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Re: Scales Question
Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 12:23:25 AM
I don't know what shop you use on ebay so cant speak for it but yes they are available elsewhere, these just arrived for me yesterday from Switzerland, the Hunter green plus scales have been on the explorer for a year or so but it should be easy enough to get them in either plus or standard, the yellow, white and black are plus but they are also available standard...the silver is standard  :tu:

Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Re: Scales Question
Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 01:49:46 AM
The Vic corporate gifts catalog shows that SAKs are available to be ordered in solid blue, yellow, and hunter green--nonstandard colors. I've decided my CT41 will either be hunter green or yellow. From what I've seen with Central Valley Wholesale and Vics with blue and yellow scales--they've been backward ad scales (which makes sense, they're in the advertising catalog). The Swiss eBay seller's photo shows them as being normal, with the cross on the front (but the photo was obviously edited, and the scales Photoshopped on).  Are they truly available as normal, or are they still advertising scales?

Scales can be had by dealers for putting on knives to be used with advertising imprints. They can be reverse logo . . . with the Vic logo on the other side that has the corkscrew/Phillips cutout. . . or completely sterile with no Vic logo on either side. I've gotten both in the past.

John

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD