Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Westworld HBO Series (Spoilers)

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
on: May 03, 2018, 07:08:22 PM
Anyone watching Westworld??  I was enamored by Season 1 and am really enjoying Season 2 so far.

It's a show that keeps you guessing, I can't wait to see how this season pans out.

Was surprised to see Stubbs back, I thought he bit the dust in S1.
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline twiliter

• motionless wheel, nothing is real
Re: Westworld HBO Series (Spoilers)
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 08:38:49 PM
I liked the first season, really disappointed in the second season so far, it's too chaotic and there are too many poorly defined characters. The graphics and production are high quality, and the acting is good, but the story is getting too hard to follow, so I'll probably give up on it. It started out as a quiet, thoughtful show, but now I think they could just blow up the park and be done with it in one episode.  :-\

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 08:45:00 PM
I liked the first season, really disappointed in the second season so far, it's too chaotic and there are too many poorly defined characters. The graphics and production are high quality, and the acting is good, but the story is getting too hard to follow, so I'll probably give up on it. It started out as a quiet, thoughtful show, but now I think they could just blow up the park and be done with it in one episode.  :-\

I see your point, and that seems to be a major issue for a lot of series.. I imagine it's partially due to not knowing how many seasons/episodes a show will run.

I feel like season 2 was the arrival of the true Westworld, where the story really begins.  So many flashbacks in this show too, which kinda adds to the feeling of chaos. 

The difference between Dolores and Maive is interesting.... it's like Dolores is more Arnold's creation and Maive is kind of like the new Dolores and more Ford's creation.  Gotta admit though, Dolores is pretty badass.   :D
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline twiliter

Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 08:51:30 PM
The Dolores character is very good, and I haven't seen an Ed Harris performance I didn't like, but a lot of the peripheral characters and undeveloped story is too much, I see how they want to reveal the plot at a slow enough pace to make a good story, but adding unexplained fields of dead bodies doesn't do it for me.  :-\

us Offline twiliter

Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 08:54:12 PM
Walking Dead was over for me in one season too, so I'm probably not the greatest audience. Game of Thrones keeps me coming back, but I also read all the books before I ever saw it.

us Offline twiliter

Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 08:56:25 PM
I liked the original Westworld movie with Yul Brenner, I was young when it came out and it was scary as hell. The series was more spooky than scary, but I think they lost that feeling about halfway through the first season.

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 09:20:18 PM
I watched season 2 over 1 weekend a few weeks ago and was into it for a little while but the notion that I could not understand what was happening really until episode 9 or so was pretty annoying and coupled with the time jumps/flashbacks it is just impossible to understand at times.

Also every Robot vs Human story seems to boil down to the same things before long.

I do like the "Scenery" for sure and this has kept me watching too but...........

And my name is also Ed Harris so there is that!

I don't know if I am going to watch again really but if I do it will be in one sitting at the seasons end probably.

As for TWD,I am so pissed off there I am not sure if I will pick it up again,yeah right?

us Offline twiliter

Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 09:38:49 PM
I liked it in the beginning when it was eerie and there was some delineation between the humans and AIs, but they kind of all run together now, so if some human character turns out to be AI, I will be yawning. Too predictable now, not enough character development. Ed Harris may be the only thing that keeps me hanging in there.  :D

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 09:39:56 PM
I liked it in the beginning when it was eerie and there was some delineation between the humans and AIs, but they kind of all run together now, so if some human character turns out to be AI, I will be yawning. Too predictable now, not enough character development. Ed Harris may be the only thing that keeps me hanging in there. 

Thank you,me too!

Ok I don't really mind the naked Girl Robots that much either.

Or this one dressed!

Do you know who this one is in life?

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:43:42 PM by ezdog »

us Offline twiliter

Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 09:55:40 PM
Talulah Riley  :dd:

Elon dumped her, what an idiot.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:57:28 PM by twiliter »

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 10:03:12 PM
Talulah Riley  :dd:

Elon dumped her, what an idiot.

Ummm they were divorced TWICE!!!

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 10:27:09 PM
Like JC said, SMOKIN'!!!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 12:17:17 PM
I like the knives in it  :like:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 01:55:46 PM
I like the knives in it  :like:

Me too and then there is this

http://westworld.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_LeMat

Which caught my attention from the very start.

And not to belabor this too much but,I can think of many uses for this Multi-Tool as well!
Not sure how I would carry her around exactly but I would sure give it a try!

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #14 on: May 07, 2018, 06:44:32 PM
E3 had me worried with introducing another subplot in the beginning, but it doesn't look like it will do too much derailing... 

So who is the more badass,  Maeve, or Dolores?   If Ford had Delores off him as a part of "The Journey into Night" is Dolores truly free or still on a Ford-made narrative???   Maeve seems to be growing more and more conscious... is she more conscious than Dolores??

:ahhh

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #15 on: May 07, 2018, 06:57:25 PM
Loved season 1. Not sure about season 2, yet...

:think: :think:

I hate it when there's a series that is thought to be just one season but, if the audience likes it, they bend over backwards to squeeze another season(s) out of it, ruining the initial story in the process.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline twiliter

Reply #16 on: May 07, 2018, 07:15:53 PM
I guess I'll watch it.  :facepalm: I forgot all about it yesterday, which is not a good sign.

us Offline twiliter

Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 02:52:42 PM
Episode 3 was another bust, BUT...

Just watched ep.4, and now I think we're getting somewhere!  :like:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #18 on: May 20, 2018, 05:50:12 AM
I'm enjoying them awl!  :tu: :D

us Offline twiliter

Reply #19 on: June 24, 2018, 07:12:27 PM
Just caught up with episodes 5-7, liking it better now that the story has caught up with all the action. Still a little bloody for my liking, but the story is getting more interesting. I'll try to catch all the way up tonight, as it's not been interesting enough to keep me watching regularly, but this season is getting better.  :tu:

us Offline twiliter

Reply #20 on: June 24, 2018, 07:17:27 PM
The music is cool, all the covers of familiar songs. Watching episode 8 now, got some Nirvana playing!  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%