Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Camper Challenge!

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Camper Challenge!
on: May 03, 2018, 08:44:02 PM
I have never hosted a Challenge before, but seeing as we're getting into the prime camping and outdoors season (at least here in the northern hemisphere) I'd like to propose a Camper Challenge.  To the best of my knowledge, there's no badge dedicated to Vic's wonderful answer to being prepared for almost anything outdoors, I'd love to give this a go!  To give anyone interested a chance to get one if they don't already have one, I'm looking at a kickoff date of May 14 and a tentative end date of June 13th.  The rules are pretty relaxed, as I know that sometimes you just need a pair of scissors or a set of pliers.  Any interest?
Barry

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Camper Challenge!
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 08:50:57 PM
I couldn't miss out on a Camper challenge!!!  :like:  :salute:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline FolderBeholder

Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 10:20:28 PM
I wouldn't be able to resist a Camper challenge either!  :tu:
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 12:04:54 AM
RIGHT ON!!! We're going camping, I'm in :like:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 12:11:46 AM
Awesome!!  This will be a great time!!
Barry

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 12:25:52 AM
This with the PS4 is listed among my best light carry combinations. Between the two, you have everything you need in such a small, light package. Alternatively the Farmer.

Good idea, Barry. I have a newer one in red nylon scales. Good choice for outdoors where a scissors is less handy than a knife and saw.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 12:38:39 AM
Thanks Thundah! :cheers: 
Barry

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 12:43:06 AM
I have a Ranger with camping inlay, with a bit of creative photography i could sneak in, i wonder if i can last 30 days without getting rumbled  :D
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 04:18:30 AM
 :rofl: Borg, you could call it a Camper Plus!!
Barry

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 01:06:31 PM
I found my Camper, so I'm in too! :cheers: :cheers:

Click on picture for best picture
GEDC1030.JPG
* GEDC1030.JPG (Filesize: 503.5 KB)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 02:25:57 PM by VICMAN »

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 01:52:32 PM
Outstanding Vicman! :tu:
Barry

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 03:10:31 PM
I just sharpened the blades, oiled the joints, and polished the scales on my Camper, so it is chomping at the bit to participate in the Camper Challenge.......as a matter of fact I am going to go ahead and start carrying it in preparation. :D :cheers: :cheers:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 07:18:06 PM
I'll be carrying el early 80's Camper w/ inlay.  I had replaced the back scale with a plus scale for a while... but have recently switched it back to the old solid scale..  mostly because the red on the back plus scale was a slightly different shade, not solid like the original, and it just seemed a bit off... to add an optiong I should probably get a new camper and put on some white or yellow plus scales... or translucent green...  :think:

“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 10:15:32 PM
I'm going to carry the one you sent me El C for most of the challenge.  I love that Camping inlay!  I really like this tool set.  A couple years back, my son Noah's Hiker saved the day for us when we were out on the Appalachian trail and had to build a fire.  Old Dad was woefully unprepared with only the mighty Minichamp in tow.  One of the few times I wasn't packing a Vic with a saw. 
Barry

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 10:17:52 PM
I'm going to carry the one you sent me El C for most of the challenge.  I love that Camping inlay!  I really like this tool set.  A couple years back, my son Noah's Hiker saved the day for us when we were out on the Appalachian trail and had to build a fire.  Old Dad was woefully unprepared with only the mighty Minichamp in tow.  One of the few times I wasn't packing a Vic with a saw.

And as I recall you went on a more recent trip with scouts armed with the Climber, putting el hook to use!  The Camper needs a hook!!!  :ahhh

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 10:25:14 PM
You are absolutely correct my friend on both counts!
Barry

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #16 on: May 05, 2018, 07:19:14 AM
I don't have a Camper. I've got a Ranger but rather than go clandestine and call it a Camper Plus I'm going to sit this one out. Honestly Barry encouraging rule breaking in your own challenge  :rofl: I'm still enjoying EDC rotation too much after the PX Challenge.

Good luck everyone I shall enjoy being in the audience :popcorn:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 07:25:38 AM
 :cheers: Glad to have you along just the same Bill!  Hard to top the Ranger :tu:
Barry

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #18 on: May 05, 2018, 01:27:33 PM
This challenge ought to be doable.  :salute:
I don't have a Camper, but I know this SAK very well.

My father didn't do a 30 day challenge with it, but rather a 30 year challenge  :D, he bought his Camper in '82 IIRC and it was his one and only SAK for all these years, until I gifted him a Climber in 2014.   :ahhh

good luck to you all! I'll follow your steps with this classic knife all the way till the end  :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018, 03:40:31 PM
 :cheers: Peacent, what a neat story!  Glad to have you here, if only on the side line! :D
Barry

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #20 on: May 05, 2018, 04:13:31 PM
:cheers: Peacent, what a neat story!  Glad to have you here, if only on the side line! :D

thanks,
it was the first SAK I ever saw as I was just a baby when he already had it  :ahhh

I'll ask him to pull it out when I see him and have a pic of it. It's the oldest SAK in all the family, I think, and it's been well cared for so still looked very well the last time I saw him use it  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 05:42:15 PM
This challenge ought to be doable.  :salute:
I don't have a Camper, but I know this SAK very well.

My father didn't do a 30 day challenge with it, but rather a 30 year challenge  :D, he bought his Camper in '82 IIRC and it was his one and only SAK for all these years, until I gifted him a Climber in 2014.   :ahhh

good luck to you all! I'll follow your steps with this classic knife all the way till the end  :tu:

Cool story about your dad and his Camper Peacent! :like: :tu: :tu:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 05:47:49 PM
If you're relaxed about the rules Barry, I'd love to join with my Volks Messer which is based on a Camper and has Camping scales  :salute: Here's hoping.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #23 on: May 06, 2018, 02:04:38 AM
 :tu: I don't see any problem with that Mags.  I've seen pics of it and it's close enough I think!  Be great to have you aboard my friend!
Barry

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #24 on: May 06, 2018, 06:20:05 PM
:tu: I don't see any problem with that Mags.  I've seen pics of it and it's close enough I think!  Be great to have you aboard my friend!
Thanks Barry.  Glad to be on board  :salute:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 09:44:59 PM
Ok i just got hold of a Camper although it's missing its small blade, but apart from that minor issue i'm all ready to go  :salute:

Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #27 on: May 06, 2018, 10:22:00 PM
 :rofl: :tu:
Barry

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: May 07, 2018, 01:35:34 AM

And as I recall you went on a more recent trip with scouts armed with the Climber, putting el hook to use!  The Camper needs a hook!!!  :ahhh

Nein! I vote NO HOOK for the Camper, ha ha. Not a fan of the hook, myself. Which is another reason I like the saw SAKs. You hook folks already have all of the scissors SAKs.  Let us non hook folks have the saw SAKS por favor. Ha ha

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: May 07, 2018, 01:38:41 AM
I will say, the red nylon scaled Camper is so lightweight, so durable compared to cellidor, and being a Vic, by default is so useful. Among my faves. I don't have a Farmer yet, but only a Farmer, with its shatter proof alox scales, would be better for me.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%