Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Chart of Wenger.Victorinox models

Offline high carbon

• New User
Chart of Wenger.Victorinox models
on: September 02, 2018, 12:01:41 AM
Is there a chart where a SAK noob like me can see the various models of SAKs by Wenger and Victorinox?

I looked at the dating and identification post but I don't see what I'm looking for, although it helped me date the old Wenger I've carried for many years.

I process stuff better visually and a chart with images would help me identify the various models.

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Re: Chart of Wenger.Victorinox models
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 12:10:35 AM
Is there a chart where a SAK noob like me can see the various models of SAKs by Wenger and Victorinox?

I looked at the dating and identification post but I don't see what I'm looking for, although it helped me date the old Wenger I've carried for many years.

I process stuff better visually and a chart with images would help me identify the various models.

The SAKwiki has a lot of good info on most victorinox and Wenger knives. There are also catalog pages that show some models visually on the same page.

Victorinox catalogs

Wenger catalogs

There may be other resources out there that I'm not aware of. Hopefully this helps :tu:
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 12:25:41 AM
I think someone made something similar, might have been LeaF maybe? I'll have a look see.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return

Offline high carbon

• New User
Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 12:59:49 AM

The SAKwiki has a lot of good info on most victorinox and Wenger knives. There are also catalog pages that show some models visually on the same page.

Victorinox catalogs

Wenger catalogs

There may be other resources out there that I'm not aware of. Hopefully this helps :tu:

Thanks, the catalog pages are the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Offline high carbon

• New User
Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 01:02:22 AM
Found a couple for you.

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,73597.0.html

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,56085.0.html

Wow. A lot of work went into those.

But they're over my head. I don't have the basic knowledge required to decipher them. I'm just looking for something that has pictures of the knives and their names/model numbers so I can figure out which knife is which. It will take me a while to absorb the basics, there are a lot of different models.

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 01:05:31 AM

Victorinox catalogs

Wenger catalogs

Thanks, the catalog pages are the kind of thing I'm looking for.

No problem!

If you have questions about various models and tool configurations, feel free to ask. There are so many, it is a lot to sort out when you're getting started  :tu:
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 01:06:10 AM
Oh, and welcome to :MTO:

:cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%