Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[SOLD] Leatherman Rebar and sheath for sale

zrxoa1 · 20 · 1169

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
[SOLD] Leatherman Rebar and sheath for sale
on: May 04, 2018, 08:28:24 PM
I have a like new Rebar with the factory leather sheath for sale. It is in like new condition, no box.

Asking $40 shipped in con US. Will ship Internationally at full cost. Will also trade for newer Gen Wave or Victorinox non-serrated one-hand opening Trekker.

PayPal is best for payment though I will take money order but must clear before I ship.

Thanks for looking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 09:08:39 AM by zoidberg »

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Re: Leatherman Rebar and sheath for sale
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 06:02:41 AM
As a Swisstool and Spirit guy myself, I as yet do not understand the love for the Rebar.  That could just be that I don't have one, so if this has not sold by my next check (Friday the 18th)  I'll be game. 
Any one interested with the funds feel free.  I have more than I can use in any one day as it is.  I just want to see what all the fuss love is about.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 03:53:52 PM
As a Swisstool and Spirit guy myself, I as yet do not understand the love for the Rebar.  That could just be that I don't have one, so if this has not sold by my next check (Friday the 18th)  I'll be game. 
Any one interested with the funds feel free.  I have more than I can use in any one day as it is.  I just want to see what all the fuss love is about.

Can't blame you for loving Swiss Tools, however,  I think I can tell you what the love is all about here in one sentence. Then followed by some description

This is the closest thing in current production to the original "PST." While it has also removed and improved the few complaints most folks may have had about the original back in '83.

It is also an exact replica, but in smaller size and minus only one tool, of the Super Tool 300.

This packs so much usefulness into such a small package. And in some places, a one hand opener is not allowed.

Yes you have to open it to get to the tools. Some look at that as a safety feature. It is a tool, after all, and not a weapon, so what's the rush, some would say. Plus, that helps to keep dirt and dust out.

Also the tools on this are very well made. And it's not very expensive in comparison to any Swiss Tool, coming in at most at $60 with the leather sheath, but can often be had for $50 new, or less when used.

Bang for the buck factor is very high.

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 01:59:26 AM
Thanks for the explanation Thunda,  I guess I'll just have to carry one for myself.  I've carried a Swisstool for so long I may just be jaded.  At least I'm up to give it a try, if it hasn't sold before my next check.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 07:26:55 AM
Thanks for the explanation Thunda,  I guess I'll just have to carry one for myself.  I've carried a Swisstool for so long I may just be jaded.  At least I'm up to give it a try, if it hasn't sold before my next check.

Happy to help, Douglas.

What's more, is I got one in September and have been sheath carrying it ever since.

I previously had two SAKS, a PSTII, pst proper, and a Leatherman Surge with its outside opening tools and blades. Love the Surge - certainly more robust than most, but its a bit bigger than most. It's still in my bag, but the Rebar just hasn't quit and gets light use daily
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 07:28:24 AM by ThundahBeagle »

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 05:55:45 PM
Eversince I got my Rebar, my desire to own a SwissTool or a Spirit has decreased substantially. I've passed several opportunities to get a SwissTool or Spirit because everytime I was about to click on the "Buy" button, I look at the Rebar's head and tell myself that the Swisstool or Spirit can't match it  :pok: :D

00 Offline Conrad

• New User
Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 08:17:20 AM
It never let me down.
I'm about to start reading there. That's too bad I don't know full info. But everything seems clear after reading reviews. Soon I'll play one.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Leatherman Rebar and sheath for sale
Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 05:10:59 AM
Bump...

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:24:44 AM by zrxoa1 »

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 06:02:33 AM
If I didn't already have two Rebars, I would jump on this. $40 is a good price. Can't believe it hasn't sold yet. :think:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 10:33:54 PM
Possibly bad timing with LM Heritage sale, new w/heritage sheath for a few bucks more. 
Great tool and price, in fact carrying this same setup right now.  I also am a Rebar fan with 4 total.  A BO, Coyote, and 2 SL units. 

If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 10:48:57 PM
Well, this specific thread is kinda new but I had another FOR SALE thread up for months with the Rebar in it and no one even offered anything. Haha

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 10:47:56 PM
Bump...

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 05:30:12 AM
Don't forget to PM Douglas. He mentioned he may be interested on the 18th, which is today. :tu:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 05:45:46 AM
Don't forget to PM Douglas. He mentioned he may be interested on the 18th, which is today. :tu:

Thanks for look'n out for me G-Man.  :salute:
We're working on it now. 
Just got stuck working late so I had to wait to start the transaction.  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
Dr.  McCoy

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: May 19, 2018, 06:23:07 AM

Thanks for look'n out for me G-Man.  :salute:
We're working on it now. 
Just got stuck working late so I had to wait to start the transaction.  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
You're welcome, Sir!

Awesome Douglas! :like:

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: May 19, 2018, 06:39:21 AM
Sold, pending funds...

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: May 19, 2018, 09:05:16 PM
SOLD

PAID

SHIPPED

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 09:49:07 PM
 :tu: :tu:
 :like:
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: May 19, 2018, 11:55:08 PM
:tu: :tu:
 :like:

Douglas, you will not be disappointed.  I've been carrying this same thing for the last 9 months. So much packed into a package only slightly bigger than the original PST.

The only thing I wish this had was a PST2 sized scissors,  but I make up for that with the Micra on my Keychain or the Victorinox Explorer or Super Tinker.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 02:35:02 AM
Definitely apples to oranges compared to the Swisstools. I don't think the Rebar can really be compared due to the nature of cost vs. utilitarianism. The Rebar is a no frills pocket friendly budget MT. I paid about $40 for my Rebar as well. At that price, it has few competitors.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%