Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Is there a way to fit a pen on a 74mm ?

Offline Steve MacAdam

• New User
Is there a way to fit a pen on a 74mm ?
on: May 10, 2018, 01:55:03 PM
Hello gentlemen,

I own a few SAks. My current EDC is a Compact (previous was an alox Cadet). What drove me to the compact was the scissors and the pen of the plus scales. However, the Compact is...well... not compact enough  :whistle: (and lacks screwdrivers options).

If finding 84mm scissors was not difficult, I would try DIY some kind of Compact in 84mm with a Philips instead of Corkscrew (Yup, Im' one of those guys  :D ) and custom 84 plus scales.

As it seems quite hard to achieve, I'm looking another direction. The Executive just looks awesome. Really, except the lack of ballpoint, it is perfect for me. But I can't seem to find 74mm plus scales or just any way to have a pen on it. Ideally I'd like to have the 71mm pen of the 91mm models. However, even the small pen of the 58mm model would do. The staight pin of the plus scales would be nice to have, but not mandatory.

This where I need you. Do you know somebody, anybody, that would do such mod ? Either DIY tutorial, or builder/merchant to buy it from.

Thanks to those who will take the time and have the knowledge to answer  :multi:

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Is there a way to fit a pen on a 74mm ?
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 02:48:18 PM
Welcome to  :MTO:

I don't have the sak knowledge to answer your question but I'm sure someone who is will be along soon  :tu:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 02:57:09 PM
With a bit of file work you should be able to cut a slot for the pen to fit, and maybe the pin could be secured beneath one of the lesser used tools?
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 03:05:19 PM
Seems the Signature 1 removable pen would probably go right in, in place of either the tweezers or toothpick, guess it depends on what pen you want. Might be difficult to source one as they are out of production. :-\

Offline Steve MacAdam

• New User
Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 09:06:53 AM
Hi guys,

First, let me thank you for your quick replies  :tu:

@Twiliter : Are you really sure it would fit in ? Because if so, it might be my best option if nobody makes custom 74mm plus scales  :)

@Magentus : I've never really looked the under sides of plus scales. You think that just filing the under face of the scale would do ? Because I've a filing that letting the pen rest on the scale is... I don't know, I would never have thougt of that ^^'
And if you have the experience with this, do you think the full size regular plus scale pen would fit in an executive or is the exec too short ?

@KevD : Thanks for the kind words  ;)

If others want to chime in, you're most welcome  :drink:

de Offline crackout

Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 05:27:53 PM
Bear in mind that 74mm knives just like 58mm have two adjacent rivets on both ends. Fitting a pen there might work but you'll lose one of the orher scale tools.
Say my name.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD