Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Heritage Multis on Sale at Cabela's and How to Pay Less

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
You probably know about Leatherman having a few Heritage models being offered on sale at 20% off. You may not notice that Cabela's is selling the same tools at the same price during 5/9-5/28 period (https://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=1386703080&MDK=dynbanC_MN&MDC=cat580996980). Now, you also should know you have to pay tax on these toys, which is 6% for my state. If you happen to collect Leatherman, and happen to have membership with BJ's, you may be interested in the $15 off promo they have on the Cabela's gift cards (3x$25) at the moment (https://www.bjs.com/product/$25-cabela's-gift-card--3-pk-/3000000000000922110). That is $58.49 for a $75 buying power, or 22% off. The limit is $300, meaning you can buy 5 packs.

You may be stuck with a bunch of Cabela's gift cards. However, by cleverly use them, some pretty good deal can be had. Let's do some math when you can maximize the gift card values:
- Heritage Micra + Heritage Rebar: $72 total, $76.32 after tax. Going the gift card route, my total outlay would be $59.81 (1 pack plus cash)
- Heritage Micra + Rebar + ST300 + 2 Waves: $296 total, $313.71 after tax. Going the gift card route, my total outlay would be $247.67 (4 packs plus cash)

You can have your Xmas shopping done early this year.

:cheers:

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
You probably know about Leatherman having a few Heritage models being offered on sale at 20% off. You may not notice that Cabela's is selling the same tools at the same price during 5/9-5/28 period (https://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=1386703080&MDK=dynbanC_MN&MDC=cat580996980). Now, you also should know you have to pay tax on these toys, which is 6% for my state. If you happen to collect Leatherman, and happen to have membership with BJ's, you may be interested in the $15 off promo they have on the Cabela's gift cards (3x$25) at the moment (https://www.bjs.com/product/$25-cabela's-gift-card--3-pk-/3000000000000922110). That is $58.49 for a $75 buying power, or 22% off. The limit is $300, meaning you can buy 5 packs.

You may be stuck with a bunch of Cabela's gift cards. However, by cleverly use them, some pretty good deal can be had. Let's do some math when you can maximize the gift card values:
- Heritage Micra + Heritage Rebar: $72 total, $76.32 after tax. Going the gift card route, my total outlay would be $59.81 (1 pack plus cash)
- Heritage Micra + Rebar + ST300 + 2 Waves: $296 total, $313.71 after tax. Going the gift card route, my total outlay would be $247.67 (4 packs plus cash)

You can have your Xmas shopping done early this year.

Veeeeeerrrrry clever....... :2tu:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Who is BJ ?  :pok:

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
So I pulled the trigger and bought 2 packs of gift cards for $116.98. I really wanted a Heritage Micra, as its sheath looks cute. However, I am not a fan of a Rebar, nor do I want to hold any Cabela's gift cards with balance. I decided to buy a Heritage Wave and ST300 instead. I used all 6 gift cards and paid additional $2.62. So my total outlay is $119.60 for the pair. A good decision for me, as I will get:
- A Wave+
- A classic-style sheath made properly for the tool shape
- A classic-style sheath for the ST300 size

Another note: Always try to get free shipping. You have to pay tax on the shipping charge!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 11:00:21 PM by chrono »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Well played  :like:
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
This looks like a solution for problem sums that will appear on my son's math paper..  :ahhh

us Offline JustinCase

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:03:31 PM by JustinCase »
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Just a thought, there should not be a problem to sell those sheaths on eBay to recoup some money. I think $15/sheath for Wave or ST300 size is not outrageous.

us Offline JustinCase

“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club

www.bjs.com
Seems suspicious that it'd go to where you'd want it to go...

Don't think we have those in Oregon or California. Never heard of it?
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death

www.bjs.com
Seems suspicious that it'd go to where you'd want it to go...

Don't think we have those in Oregon or California. Never heard of it?

It's like Costco, not sure if you would need to be a member to buy from them online

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%