Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Powerassist tool order?

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Powerassist tool order?
on: May 17, 2018, 09:34:36 AM
Just purchased my first SOG: A second hand (but looks brand new!) Powerassist at a pretty good price. I just wanted to have a SOG and see the build, quality, feel, design etc.

There is something that bothers me: The order of the individual tools seem kinda off to me. Every time I pull up the philips I need to pull up the V-cutter and the can opener, too. And if I wanna close the philips (while the rest is closed, too) it always catches on to the V-cutter. Also, the can opener's tip keeps grabing the V-cutter's rivet and I gotta open them all every time I want to pull them up and close them down. Since this is a second-hand item, I wonder whether the order of these tools have been -probably accidentally- changed by the previous owner.

So, those with a PowerAssist, could you confirm this is the correct order of the tools, please?

(SOG-logo facing upward)
1- V-cutter
2- can opener+small screw driver
3- Philips
4- large screwdriver (which is almost identical to the medium-sized screw driver, so a useless tool IMHO. Guess I'm gonna switch this with something else, maybe a pair of scissors)
5- bottle opener
6- metal file

Thanks a bunch  :cheers:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Powerassist tool order?
Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 09:42:14 AM
Pic off the SOG website.

Looks to me like, v-cutter / can opener / large flat / phillips / bottle opener / file.

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 09:55:58 AM
Pic off the SOG website.

Looks to me like, v-cutter / can opener / large flat / phillips / bottle opener / file.

(Image removed from quote.)

Woa, thanks, haven't seen this one, I kept zooming in and out to review videos in youtube :)

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 10:08:59 AM
YES! I just changed the order according to that photo and parts sit in place much smoother now! Also, less clumping than before.  :tu: :tu: :tu:  :cheers: :cheers:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 10:18:14 AM
Awesome.   :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30